Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Didn't see this coming
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 05 July, 2020 12:59

SC was bad, very bad but afraid Omar beat it.

Date: 05 July, 2020 13:16

Click the season’s stats link and you can see how bad SC was but Omar was not far behind.

JP

Posted by: WarwickEastie (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 14:53

Sounds like he didn't fit in with the new team - fair enough.

Like many, I got fed up with aimless kicking - especially when painfully slow and telegraphed.
Kicking should always be part of the tactical set up - but only when it is effective, not as a 'go to' method of attack as we rarely profited....

Posted by: memnoch (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 18:59

Just been announced as new Bristol defence coach.

Posted by: centrethere (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 19:07

All change

Posted by: ROLLO (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 20:13

Whoa.

Posted by: w4rriorz1980 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 July, 2020 21:45

Good luck Briz.You're gonna need it!

Eats,Shoots And Leaves

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 06:42

If he just does defense he may do well. He won't be allowed to kick the ball away all the time at Briz.

Posted by: kiddykid (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 14:26

If Pat Lam encourages his forwards to run with the ball - and by association JT as well - why does he want a coach who obviously favours kicking the ball away? Something has to give surely.
I think we have the better part of the deal.

Posted by: shrewsburyman (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 15:30

Omar did mention in the Q and A session that Bristol kicked the ball quite frequently despite playing a running game. I always felt that our problem was the quality of the kick and more importantly the quality of the chase. However as you said KK something will have to give.

Posted by: LiveInHope (IP Logged)
Date: 07 July, 2020 19:10

Have been told that Omar was very well respected, although can be ‘prickly’ & speaks his mind.
If he was as bad as some are saying, surprised that Bristol or more importantly Pat Lam would sign him as soon as he became free. Lam does not tolerate fools & Bristol aren’t short of money. Not 100% certain, but don’t believe coaching staff come out of the cap.

Date: 08 July, 2020 12:45

Reading some of the articles he expressed an interest in joining Bristol some time before he left.

Apparently wanted to be part of a team who “genuinely” had capability of winning silverware and playing in Europe.

JP

Date: 08 July, 2020 12:49

[quote]

“Everybody in the sport is sitting up and taking notice of what is going on at Bristol and the culture that they are building," he told in a statement released by the club.

"It’s a really exciting time for the club and for me to come onboard and contribute to a team that can genuinely challenge for silverware.

“I’m looking forward to working with Pat and the coaching team – it’s a quality squad with focus and self-belief. We want to be a team that is ruthless in defence and attack and can dominate in the Premiership and Europe. I can’t wait to get started.”

[/wuote]

Date: 08 July, 2020 12:57

Quote:

Director of Rugby Pat Lam said: “When Omar contacted me wanting to be part of the Bears journey it was a no brainer for me. While our Defence philosophy and systems are very much aligned, it’s his passion, enthusiasm and experience which will help take our D to the next level. We all saw first-hand the impact he made to Worcester’s defence and how difficult it can be to attack against.
“Omar is a real competitor and is inspired by our vision to be successful on and off the field. It’s great to have him on board with our coaching team and I have no doubt he will add real value to the Bears.”

Posted by: Fiver (IP Logged)
Date: 08 July, 2020 17:15

Do we take Omar's comments as taking a swipe at Warriors, or bigging up Bristol, or both?

Posted by: lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:33

Sacked coach takes swipe at former club... imagine my shock. This is the same guy who presided over one of the worst defences in the league.

Posted by: Offa (IP Logged)
Date: 10 July, 2020 18:38

But who had his contract renewed fairly recently.

Posted by: lokicrichtonfan (IP Logged)
Date: 12 July, 2020 13:50

Quote:
Offa
But who had his contract renewed fairly recently.

Substandard players/managers get their contracts renewed all the time. It’s an all too reoccurring theme at Worcester. Doesn’t mean they’re up to scratch.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net