Ollie Lawrence
Posted by: Faithful_City (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 07:20

Really good interview with the rugby paper

Quote:

Lawrence is one of 17 current first-team players at Warriors who have graduated from the club’s academy and he is quick to praise the investment in youth, including the recent appointment of already once-capped England flanker Ted Hill (21) as club captain and fellow centre Will Butler (22) as vice-captain.

He said: “It’s a real positive thing for the club. Incorporating them into leadership roles at the club will allow younger boys to feel more comfortable in speaking to them and it shows the direction in which the club is going in – investing in younger players and being a club that produces a lot of homegrown talent.

“Will is a natural speaker and led the team in the A-League, while Ted was capped by England last year and has stepped up into the club captain role well. The boys respect him. He’s an incredible talent and leads by example in his performances on the field, as well as off it.

“When I left school, I couldn’t have imagined being in the position I am now. I knew I was going to Worcester and I wanted to play in the Premiership but I could only have dreamt of the opportunities I’ve had. I’ve been fortunate, I’ve taken the opportunities that Worcester have created but I’m grateful and hopefully things continue to get even better.

“When I look back on my career, I don’t want to have any regrets. I want to feel within myself that I’ve fulfilled my potential as a player. Obviously one of the goals is to play for England and another is to become a Lion, and those would be incredible accolades to have. But I just want to put out my best performances, week in, week out, and fulfil my potential and then the rest will speak for itself.”

Full Interview HERE

JP

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net