Date: 29 March, 2020 12:26

Re: SANDSTORM, JUST A REMINDER
Posted by: Kenwyn. (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 15:17

That’s cruel.winking smiley

Posted by: AggiePirate (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 18:31

Can anyone explain how that came to be the Pirates' 'running-out' tune?
Did Phil W just happen to have a copy lying around?

Posted by: Cowship Pirate (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 20:31

Was this played everytime we scored a try ?
If it was , lets bring it back.

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 30 March, 2020 09:39

Cowship P it's played at the start of every game when the Pirates enter the field to rhythmic clapping and stamping of feet. A couple of years ago it was going to be changed but after protests from supporters it was kept - it's now our anthem. I have no idea who introduced it first as a run out tune, maybe Phil W can enlighten us. Whoever thought to do it was inspired. Can't wait to hear this playing at the S4C.

Posted by: Phil W (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 21:22

It would have been about 20 plus years ago, after then CEO Martin Scrase gave me the green light to purchase a mini-disc recorder, that I was able to introduce try snips and certain other choices of music. 'Sandstorm' was immediately popular to play when our team emerged onto the field, as it still is.

For a brief period we also played choices such as ‘Nowhere To Run’ and ‘Mama Told Me Not To Come’ when the opposition emerged from the tunnel (all in good fun!), but it was soon decided to drop this idea. We have, however, on the odd occasion played either ‘Bye Bye Love’ or ‘Go Now’ when a visiting player is sin-binned, plus, of course, 'Give Peace A Chance' when the referee has felt it necessary to call the captains together.

Phil W

Posted by: cornishbob (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 09:55

Thanks Phil, long may 'Sandstorm' be our anthem (Sm109)

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net