John Kendall-Carpenter Biography
Posted by: old prop steve (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 09:42

Although most of us never saw him play John Kendall-Carpenter is a revered name in both Pirates and Cornwall rugby folk lore. I have recently embarked on the task of writing a book about his life with invaluable support from members of his family and I have already had input from some of the Pirates players who played alongside him and am hoping to work with one or two others.

Long after he gave up playing he had a leading role in both rugby and education and was a principal figure in starting the Rugby World Cup in the 1980's. He also continued to have a house in Penzance long after his playing days were over.

Therefore if there are any supporters on here who either knew him or his family personally, watched him play or indeed have friends or relatives who did so I would be extremely grateful if they contacted me either by PM from this site or at sptomlinuk@aol.com.

We could then perhaps have a telephone chat despite the obvious current virus restrictions on actually meeting up.

Many thanks

Steve Tomlin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net