Özil and Guendouzi
Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 11:44

A real bad look for both of them I think. Özil did manage a tweet 30 mins after the game ended while holidaying in Turkey....hopefully he’s found his next club. As for Guendouzi, loads of talent, I wonder if being a knob will prevent him from achieving everything he could

Arteta has been proved right on these two

Re: Özil and Guendouzi
Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 11:45

Was he on holiday in Turkey?

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 12:09

Quote:
goonerred
Was he on holiday in Turkey?

He got permission from Arsenal to go Turkey after it was confirmed he wont be in squad for final.

With Ozil, as it looks like he's never returning to Arteta plans, then we just need to loan him out. Someone in a smaller league (Turkey, USA, China, France) will pay 100k-150k a week as he'd still be one of the best players there. Plus he has an extremely big and loyal fanbase so shirt sales will cover the salary for a new team. We still have to cover over half his wages but if hes never gonna play then better than nothing. Hopefully he doesn't just sit for a year and at least takes this compromise.

Guendouzi situation is tougher as he's so young and i do love his mentality and win at all cost drive. He just needs to mature. I am hoping he is not too big headed and see's what Arteta is doing for other players then has a one to one. Key example being Maitland-Niles who was well out of favour for his attitude when Arteta arrived but was trusted to start the semi and final against two massive clubs. We wont get his worth if we sell him now so it's a risky move unless he really won't change.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 12:51

I get so annoyed when I think of the club being stitched up with Ozil. Have we got no sense at our club?

Posted by: MattySadler (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 13:16

Ozil disgusts me. Tactically posts a training picture saying he is "ready" after the Spurs defeat, knowing he wouldn't be picked for Liverpool or City and expecting us to be d*cked by both, so that when we did all the talk would be about why he wasn't selected. Sure glad that backfired.

Then right before the cup final we get information leaked that he is in Turkey and won't be at the stadium supporting his team mates. Whether that was from his people or not I don't know, but I'm sick of him constantly overshadowing the team. Bring in one or two modern, creative midfielders with end product and we won't miss him.

Guendouzi upsets me more because I believe in his quality and potential, but you've got to act right.

Standards at this club have been allowed to slip for years. Players were treated too much like adults, too many of them are guilty of not leaving it all on the pitch and losing doesn't hurt enough. Arteta is right in what he is doing and I'm glad he has stuck to his guns.

Posted by: Jonny Bravo (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 13:18

Getting Ozil out the door will be as big as any incoming transfer this window.
I just don't see it happening unless we are willing to subsidize a large potion of his wages to go elsewhere.
Still even that would be preferable to this endless saga before every game of whether he is in the squad, and debating the merits of bringing him back after a team sits deep and we cant unpick their defense.

Really boils down to whether Ozil himself is happy to collect his 350K for sitting at home and playing the social media propaganda war for another year, or go somewhere else, get a decent chunk of change in wages and discover some love for the game again.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/08/2020 13:19 by Jonny Bravo.

Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 14:20

Both have to go.
Getting mugs to buy them is a problem with the money they earn.
Just hope Arteta doesn't back track with Guendouzi.
He's a bad one.
Maybe paying so much of their wages will be the only way out.
It beats them getting money just for sitting on their backsides.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Posted by: Flava (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 17:01

Guendouzi is sellable, he’ll have offers.

Date: 02 August, 2020 17:36

Guendouzi. (cnut)
In his first social media post since potentially the final Arsenal match he could have played, he posted: 'Holidays' alongside a picture of a private swimming pool and apartment complex.

Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 18:09

Now Ozil's people are briefing that he wants Arteta to start picking him again next season. Well going on holiday while your team is in the final of the FA cup instead of going to Wembley to support them is definitely the kind of commitment that Arteta will be looking for.

Posted by: Gooner Sod (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 21:50

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Both have to go.
Getting mugs to buy them is a problem with the money they earn.
Just hope Arteta doesn't back track with Guendouzi.
He's a bad one.
Maybe paying so much of their wages will be the only way out.
It beats them getting money just for sitting on their backsides.

Guendouzi already has many of the big clubs after him. It's a no brainer for them with a kid with all that potential.

We'll be selling him on the cheap so it's low risk for other clubs with massive upsides. It's a shame he's not swallowing his pride and begging to stay.

''No one saw me coming - No problem. I always believed.
Kept working, found my killer instinct. Relentless? Yes. Patient? Always. Quick? You'll see.
I am Nico and I am here''

N. Pepe, Arsenal FC.

Posted by: Padre Pio (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 22:55

Quote:
SuperRob
Now Ozil's people are briefing that he wants Arteta to start picking him again next season. Well going on holiday while your team is in the final of the FA cup instead of going to Wembley to support them is definitely the kind of commitment that Arteta will be looking for.

No more player power please,.

"When we had to suffer the team is a lion because they suffer together." 4 July 2020 at Wolverhampton Wanderers
Arteta on his team's first away victory at a club above them in the Premiership since September 2015 at Leicester.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 15:01

There is no way ozil comes back in. It doesn't matter if we can't unlock defenses. Arteta will find a way to get enough points and we should be finishing 5th or 6th next season which will be an improvement over this season. Winning europa will be a bonus.

Our real charge comes the season after next when hopefully liverpool /city will have a bad season. Chelsea haven't spent anything because of the ban, so expect them to motor away to a top 3 finish next season.

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 22:22

I believe Ozil is now totally frozen out and that he will never wear red n white again.
If he wants to not play at all next season, while picking up his hefty wage packet, then I can't see him playing at all in the future.
At his age, a season as orange-boy will take him out of the news and possibly retire him early.
If he has any self respect and empathy for his club, he'd be far better off going to Turkey or the U.S. to finish his career actually doing something.

I'll be really pleased to see Guendouzi used as a make-weight to bring a decent human being to our club.
I hope our club tell him to phuckoff. Who does he think he is? Sami Nasri or some other half decent footballer. He was playing in the French 2nd and 3rd div before he came here, with potencial to do a good job and now hes turned into a nississtic little twerp.
Good riddance if he goes, imo

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: blueamada (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 08:08

Özil - accept the fact that we will probably have to contribute to his wages elsewhere but get him the hell lout of the place if we possibly can...

Guendouzi - he tows the line or goes , simple as - there will be takers.

Posted by: mapleleafgooner (IP Logged)
Date: 05 August, 2020 16:08

Ozil is not suited to Arteta's pressing game and at 31, he is not ready to adapt to the new approach. He is a financial loss to Arsenal unfortunately. Guendouzi appears to be wanted elsewhere. At his young age, he can fetch great value and we should sell to bring in midfield creativity.

Date: 10 August, 2020 11:47

Villarreal have submitted a formal loan-to-buy offer for Arsenal midfielder Matteo Guendouzi, Football Insider understands.

Rather have the cash but I suppose it would get him off the wage bill.
Would be surprised if he went there though.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net