Aubameyang Assurances
Posted by: Boston Gooner (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 17:42

Lots of reports saying that Aubameyang Wants Transfer Assurances.

How they know this I'm not sure.

https://i.postimg.cc/dtJGMW0K/roastspurs.gif

Re: Aubameyang Assurances
Posted by: SuperRob (IP Logged)
Date: 02 August, 2020 18:13

I think this is a twisted story because, in the FA cup coverage, Ashley Cole said something along the lines of "Aubameyang should be asking Arteta what the club will be doing in the transfer market before he himself signs a new contract"

Posted by: litmus (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 05:06

That is normal. Arteta also alludes to this in one of his recent interviews when he said its about convincing Auba that the club is moving to the right direction, which includes how they plan to conduct transfer business and challenge at the top. If you are a race car driver, you would want to know your team is providing the best resources (cars, tech, personnel, support) to enable you to compete before you signs a new long-term contract. Nothing wrong in that at all.

I do hope the board will show ambition and show we want to compete at the very top. It took Klopp a few years before he fixed Liverpool and got them to challenge at the top, I believe Arteta will too.

Posted by: CazOnARola (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 14:36

If we offer the right amount of money, he stays. Van persie would have stayed as well had we offered 200k/w and not 150k.

Media /barca/dembele s agents have been pushing him down arsenals throat for a long time now.

Dembele is the new karim benzema. Zaha is the new balloteli. Coutinho is the new nabil fekir.

I doubt any of these are happening, including Coutinho.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 14:44

Doubt he will stay if Real should table a serious offer.
Remember what he said something like he promised his grandma that he will play for Real one day?

If ManU or Liverpool should table as serious offer and agreed to his personal terms, Aubameyang will go off like a shot as he will have a better chance of playing CL Cup and winning silverware with them.

There is nothing that Arsenal can offer to match any of the marquee clubs that table a serious bid for him.

He will leave and too proud to behave like that money-grabbing turf of a Mesut Ozil.
Somebody like a Turkey President or PM should pull him a side and said he is giving the Turkish people a bad name by just sitting around and collect his social welfare checks from Arsenal FC.

Now, if any Turks start talking about the glories of the Turkish Nation, I just replied in two words: "Mesut Ozil".

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Date: 03 August, 2020 15:05

Merl, no team is looking for a 31 year old at 250k/w in the top teams.

Real madrid will be looking at the likes of sancho, haaland, mbappe, etc. They have top young towards as well.

They need a new creator and so will probably looking at their midfield.

Only team that will be interested in auba are the serie A clubs.

Utd, city, Chelsea, barca, real, bayern, Liverpool will be looking at younger options. Aubameyang isn't one of them.

Posted by: AJ The Gunner (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 15:37

Heard he is, asking for 500k... 🤔

Wenger Is Gone Now So Can We Be Allowed To Breathe Now???

Posted by: goonerred (IP Logged)
Date: 03 August, 2020 15:39

How much is he worth to us both now and in 18 months time when he will be nearly 33? If he gets a big deal, over 4 years, he could be on big money until he's 35.

Date: 03 August, 2020 19:16

Quote:
goonerred
How much is he worth to us both now and in 18 months time when he will be nearly 33? If he gets a big deal, over 4 years, he could be on big money until he's 35.

Even we can't be that stupid to give him a 4 year deal.

Date: 03 August, 2020 19:50

Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

What do you think he'd want, two years? I think he will screw us for every pound he can get for as long as possible.

Date: 03 August, 2020 23:09

Quote:
goonerred
Quote:
Boston Gooner
Quote:
goonerred

What do you think he'd want, two years? I think he will screw us for every pound he can get for as long as possible.

2 years would be good.
He would still be class.
But like you say he will probably want longer as it's his last one.
Lots of talks and promises to try and sort this out.

Posted by: Merlion96 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 00:28

When push comes to a shove, perhaps Sanllehi/Edu are ruthless enough to activate that option to extend his contract for one more year to 2021/22.
And we have an unhappy player who will then leave on a Bosman in 2022?

Nihilism: 'An examination of the meaning of meaninglessness: why it matters that nothing matters'

Posted by: weedz (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 12:28

I can't see much happening, big money like, in upcoming transfer window, by any of the big Euro clubs
I reckon the biggest deal has probably already been done by Chelsea.
R Madrid are in a 'very bad financial situation' according their Pressy.
Barca are selling off all that they can at bargain prices to make some deals.
The sugar daddy clubs will still have a splash, but it won't be a tidal wave.
No one has gate takings.
Loans and swaps will be the order of the day, which will suit us.

Auba has the right to know Arsenals aspirations
As he has the right of assurances.
Whether those assurances are enough for him to see out his football career with us will determine whether he signs or not.

Self sustainable is a word that rich people with short arms and deep pockets use.

Posted by: Gunnersingh1 (IP Logged)
Date: 04 August, 2020 13:15

Utd are signing Sancho for over 100 mil

Date: 04 August, 2020 13:50

Quote:
Gunnersingh1
Utd are signing Sancho for over 100 mil
That's bloody ridiculous!

Date: 04 August, 2020 14:56

Their revenues are beyond stadium tickets. We are the club that relies the most on stadium money.

We are bound to be one of the worst affected among the top clubs.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net