Current Page: 1 of 5
Next Up: Maidenhead United (H)
Posted by: Total Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 13:05

What do you think? You can have your say by posting below.
If you do not already have an account Click here to Register.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 27/01/2018 04:06 by mini_andy.

Re: Next Up: Maidenhead United (H)
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 13:35

I think Maidenhead have done quite well this season since being promoted from the NLS and they seem to be holding their own sitting in mid-table and also not forgetting they lost that ace goal machine that was Dave Tarpey just a few weeks into the season. They seem to be coping well enough without him. I have quite a bit of time for Alan Devonshire both as a player n manager. Think he has over 20 years management experience in the Non-Leagues. He did well keeping Braintree in the NL( before Cowley took over) when he had no money to spend and he has done well in his 2 spells at Maidenhead. Used to enjoy watching him as a player too, in that wide attacking left midfield role and always thought he deserved more England caps, i think the likes of Glen Hoddle and his old West Ham teammate Trevor Brooking prevented him from making more England appearances. Was reading up about him quite a while ago and his father played for Chester in the very early 50s.. Hope Rovers put in a better performance than what they did at Maidenhead earlier in the season. I believe Rovers were woeful that night. I will go for a 3-1 win for the Rovers and Macc to draw at AFC Fylde... will be able to watch the early live BT game tmrw, Sutton v Daggers then listen to Rovers on Wirral Radio later,

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/01/2018 13:44 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 13:51

Well written HKR .You have obviously done your homework .Have watched the clip of HTFC V The Magpies and even though it was 0-0 The Magpies should have stuffed them .Another 3g pitch team that are doing OK away from home .Going for 2-0 to TRFC

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 13:58

Maidenhead's pitch is grass. That still won't help them tomorrow though, I'll go with 2-0 too.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 14:04

You are right Aldo .Too many Maids in the league .Too old too appreciate one now unless she has a rattle to whip up the old bones

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 14:14

I know the feeling mate....and I'd forgotten about Maidstone!

Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 15:12

Their away form pretty good P16 W6 D5 L5 But, our Home Form is excellent going for a 2-0 to the rovers.

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 16:09

Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Maidenhead's pitch is grass. That still won't help them tomorrow though, I'll go with 2-0 too.
Well there is some grass on it, although it looks more like a ploughed field.
I went to the away game and it wasn't a great performance, very little going forward. The team are playing a lot better since then with some forward movement, hopefully any changes will not cause the side too much disruption.

Posted by: 4ever_Yardley (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 16:23

It was a very poor performance away, exacerbated by some strange substitutions. Gumbs played well before being a victim of those decisions.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 18:26

I'm going for a win but no idea of the score without Cook playing.SWA

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 19:03

Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
Aldo'smuzzy
Well there is some grass on it, although it looks more like a ploughed field.
I went to the away game and it wasn't a great performance, very little going forward. The team are playing a lot better since then with some forward movement, hopefully any changes will not cause the side too much disruption.

Had a look at our pitch this morning, few lakes on it. Hope games still on. If so 3-0 All the way.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 19:12

6-0. The one we've been waiting for!

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 20:54

Amazing work hkr, loved alan devonshire as a player. As i posted on a national league forum corbyn 2 may 0

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 21:03

Quote:
Hardly Irons
6-0. The one we've been waiting for!
Hat trick for Jake Kirby perhaps?
Looking forward to my first live game in 2 months as back in the UK for a few weeks.. will settle for a comfortable 2 goal win mind you.

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 21:43

Settle for any win at all!!

Posted by: iagoapcen (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 22:16

slaughter

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 23:42

Quote:
the kav
Amazing work hkr, loved alan devonshire as a player. As i posted on a national league forum corbyn 2 may 0
Shouldn't that read Field 2 May 0!!!😃

Posted by: mb53trfc (IP Logged)
Date: 19 January, 2018 23:48

Great write up HKR. Looks like Kirby will get a run out up front. Be interesting to see how that shapes up. If that is the case, it needs ball on floor more than in the air? I think we can win but not sure by how many.

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2018 07:40

I think 5-1 with Norwood getting 4.

I rekon macca will play as well, and for some reason, as he’s not playing anywhere else, I can see Alabi starting.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 20 January, 2018 09:18

Nice one HKR. I’m going for a 3-1 rovers win with a Kirby brace.

Current Page: 1 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net