Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Next Up: Maidenhead United (H)
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 14:07

Quote:
Hoots Mon
+1
although I think Norwood's superb pass set up Ginnelly's goal on a plate.

Yes, real piece of quality from both players; made it look easy, which we know it isn't!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/01/2018 22:54 by Phil65.

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 17:36

Good three points. Looking tighter at the top. Will losing 6-0 have a lasting effect on Macclesfield? If we can beat them and Wrexham, we're in with a chance. Credit to Norwood - and let's hope Ginnelly can give him some tips on finishing one-on-ones. Credit to McNulty too for playing with what must be a very sore leg. Think our season may rest on what happens with Wallace and Tollit.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 18:47

@Hoots, i personally booed Emmanuel but it wasn't for the challenge with Steve. It was after this when Rides walked past him and tapped him as if to say 'get up' and he threw his hands over his face as if to say he'd been hit.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 20:13

Quote:
HardlyYardley
Good three points. Looking tighter at the top. Will losing 6-0 have a lasting effect on Macclesfield? If we can beat them and Wrexham, we're in with a chance. Credit to Norwood - and let's hope Ginnelly can give him some tips on finishing one-on-ones. Credit to McNulty too for playing with what must be a very sore leg. Think our season may rest on what happens with Wallace and Tollit.

Don’t agree with you re:Wallace and Tollit as we are we’re we are without them. However will strengthen us for sure.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 21:54

Quote:
rossb07
@Hoots, i personally booed Emmanuel but it wasn't for the challenge with Steve. It was after this when Rides walked past him and tapped him as if to say 'get up' and he threw his hands over his face as if to say he'd been hit.

Fair enough. But it was quite a forceful collision with Steve[with Taylor not far away too]He was always going to come off second best and Steve did not get up straight away either.It was obvious that Emmanuel was limping as soon as he eventually got up.

Posted by: WWStandsure (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 22:54

Can only agree with above posts, the ref must be the WORST we have encountered in this league, a complete 100% idiot. Is he a founder member / Chairman, of the 'Trying to be a Total @#$%& Society' ????

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 21 January, 2018 23:23

Quote:
WWStandsure
Can only agree with above posts, the ref must be the WORST we have encountered in this league, a complete 100% idiot. Is he a founder member / Chairman, of the 'Trying to be a Total @#$%& Society' ????
I assume he is competition with the ref at Woking last week.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2018 08:01

Quote:
SmartRover
Another typical home performance from the SWA, offered so much with a bright start then lost their way, couldn’t put the game to bed no matter how many goals we scored, no surprise Nors missed his usual one on one, however Harris moments earlier should have put him through instead of ignoring the obvious easy pass and tried to play in Kirby instead which came to nothing, from the JK it looked like McNulty took their player out in the first half which resulted in his injury when he was about to score, midfield never stamped their authority throughout and cannot believe how Rides & Sutton let their lad get the cross in for their first goal, As picked up by others didn’t feel Taylor shows any confidence and not yet on same wavelength as his defence and his kicking is poor. Missed Clarke & Cook I felt and hope both play next Saturday as we know how our opponents are set up no to lose and then try and scrape a single goal win. Finally the ref : saw fouls nobody else did, took an age to decide what his decision was going to be then the deflection at the end, surely he’s got 2 assistants and a 4th official all mic,d up to let him know he’s dropped a massive one and help him out or did they just want him to drown in his own poor performance.

Agree with the midfield stuff, Norburn quality. Harris, Hughes not in the same league as him. I remain convinced Norwood playing in the middle and off a front two of Kirby an Cook is the way forward, he reinforced my view on Saturday with a couple of sublime passes the through ball for Ginnelys goal and the little spin pass to Rides. Imagine the havoc he would wreak with all those runs coming from deep, no doubt he score from 25 yards he does it most weeks, he likes a battle and can knock it round.

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2018 15:12

Have just seen the 7 min highlights on the club website. Great thru ball from Norwood to set up Ginelly's goal and a nice low strike from Jeff Hughes. Seems as if both Maidenheads goals were soft goals to give away. Also on about 3 mins into the video clip it looked like a stonewall penalty for Maidenhead to me, with their no.19 being tripped after he had made a short run into the box. None of the Maidenhead players seemed to protest though.

Posted by: HardlyYardley (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2018 17:49

Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

Don’t agree with you re:Wallace and Tollit as we are we’re we are without them. However will strengthen us for sure.

I was thinking that, since the only way to guarantee promotion is being at the top and, although results have been improving, the extra skill and creativity of Wallace and Tollitt may be needed. Also, if we wind up back at Wembley, they are players I would hope might excel there.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2018 20:20

Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

We are were we are yes. 5th. Agree with hardly, get them back and we stand a much better chance of winning the league. It was Banks and DMH that had the biggest impact on the team. Just look at the results while they were here. Look at the results since, back to scrapping a win at home to a poor team.

Sorry Tranmerefan, but yes we're are were we are without them, but we are were we are with Banks and DMH. We now don't have any of them, so we may be back to were we were before. We need Ben and another asap.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 January, 2018 22:00

And i thought we were on a decent run of form, guess not...must be a lower mid-table finish for us then!

Date: 23 January, 2018 18:04

Thought we won the last game without them too and scored 3 goals? Must of dreamt being at the match 🤷‍♂️

Posted by: TRSince1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2018 18:58

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

We are were we are yes. 5th. Agree with hardly, get them back and we stand a much better chance of winning the league. It was Banks and DMH that had the biggest impact on the team. Just look at the results while they were here. Look at the results since, back to scrapping a win at home to a poor team.

Sorry Tranmerefan, but yes we're are were we are without them, but we are were we are with Banks and DMH. We now don't have any of them, so we may be back to were we were before. We need Ben and another asap.
gateshead 1 Tranmere 0, Macclesfield 2 Tranmere 2, Fylde 5 Tranmere 2. Look who played in those.

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2018 20:03

We'll blow me, a hint of negativity there! For me it's no coincidence that we seemed to get our mojo back when Banks and DMH joined us. In my opinion, it was our best performance v Macclesfield in the three seasons we've been down and we could/should have won it comfortably if we'd have taken our chances. Gateshead were on a roll at the time, their fourth win in five games and we lost to an own goal in added time. Fylde, well, just a fluke (else we're doomed 😱).

Date: 23 January, 2018 20:20

I’m basically trying to credit to the lads that have got us to where we are in the league, I already said that Tollit and Wallace will strengthen us, but don’t think it’s fair to say Tollit and Wallace will be the basis of “what happens” with promotion. Just my two pence 🙃

Date: 23 January, 2018 20:28

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

gateshead 1 Tranmere 0, Macclesfield 2 Tranmere 2, Fylde 5 Tranmere 2. Look who played in those.

DMH didn't play against Fylde.

Banks arrived less than 48 hours before Gateshead,who were the worst team I've seen us play this season. We were far from great but the very late unlucky own goal was an utter travesty.

Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2018 20:31

Pace out wide and added creativity in the middle (plus ball retention) is what Banks and DMH brought.

Tollitt and Ginnelly give the pace and Wallace could help replace the quality in the middle.

I would rather have Banks back though with Wallace in reserve.

Posted by: TRSince1968 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 January, 2018 22:42

Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

Banks did................

Banks arrived less than 48 hours before Gateshead,who were the worst team I've seen us play this season. We were far from great but the very late unlucky own goal was an utter travesty.

And we have won without either of the two. My point is that there are nine other players that make up the team. Clarke needs credit as well. So does Norwood and Norbury and all the others who have scored goals. So I feel the team will adapt because othere players are now playing as part of a team.

Date: 23 January, 2018 22:57

Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
Hoots Mon
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
TranmereFan
Quote:
HardlyYardley

Banks did................

And we have won without either of the two. My point is that there are nine other players that make up the team. Clarke needs credit as well. So does Norwood and Norbury and all the others who have scored goals. So I feel the team will adapt because othere players are now playing as part of a team.

I've got a cousin called Norbury but she[or her husband] doesn't play in midfield.

Current Page: 4 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net