Current Page: 4 of 5
Re: Next Up: Maidstone United (A)
Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:49

Jennings scored a penalty away at Fylde HKR. Have to agree with Hardly Irons that it was dull listening to Mixlr; at 2-1 down they could have driven me to commit harakiri! aktrfc, mine broke up for the second goal and the penalty!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 17:52

ok thks phil

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 18:04

Quote:
hong kong rover
was that our first penalty of the season?

Fylde away mate

Posted by: mini_andy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 18:32

Had perfect commentary on Wirral radio. It’ll be a shame to lose them (they need £40k apparently).

I can only assume both rides and Clarke are injured for their exclusion. Fair play to MM for changinging it, and throwing caution to the wind. Good to see Dunn getting praise (maybe MM saw my list of forgotten players and it jogged his memory?)

It’s a results business, and today we got one.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 18:50

Only1600 at Macc as HKR says ,but if you look at League 2 the clubs there don’t do much better our 76000 Tuesday was outstanding .the big danger how long can we expect people to stick if we stay in the NL .but saying that the gates are improving in the NL perhaps some specs are getting fed up with the premiership circus and supporting their Local side

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:32

Quote:
Kenny_Crons
I do think Norburn is flattering to deceive a bit though.
Jeff and Jay are a a safer bet I think if we are are going to attack from the wings.

Apparently Norburn will be suspended for the next two games due to reaching the yellow card limit. To be honest,I thought he was very lucky not to be sent off against Macclesfield .

I have also read somewhere that Clarke was not risked due to a dodgy knee but not sure if this is correct.

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:42

Jesus Fifty, why are we down in this league if we can still pull in 76,000 smiling smiley

I’ll take any win especially when we’re not at the races and have a very thinned out squad for the game due to injury.

I normally wouldn’t do this and I apologise in advance to those it doesn’t affect but goosed what a poor excuse for a ‘supporter’ you are. Only posting when the goings tough including today when 2-1 down. Shame on you...

Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 19:49

It was a strange looking line-up, McNulty was no surprise , Clarke, who was ill, and Rides who had a stiff neck, the rest was a mystery. The Hughes/Duggan/Tollitt substitutions not a clue.
The defence today was a little jittery, and nearly gifted them a goal early on. The first Maidstone goal was a free kick into the area (which the ref allowed them to retake after they tried to take a quick one and lost possession), not sure who was responsible but it wasn't dealt with (possibly Davis should have cleared it). Their penalty looked a bit soft, but their player had been able to carry the ball a long way without anyone putting in a challenge. The concerning thing for me was that on a plastic pitch, too many passes in our midfield were not finding their man, and there was a reliance on punting the ball forward.
I thought Monthe had a good fame, he is clearly a big strong lad, and read the game reasonably well.
To go behind twice and come away as winners shows some character.

Posted by: chrisprover (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 20:08

Great win thought we had lost we will have to play better just accurate passing will do.
Fifty I see you did predict correctly for the Mac game, but next time you get that losing feeling just post thet you think we will win, its called the Uri gueller effect and I would like to invite you to try it, you will have heard of him, please try it with no ending comments of us losing thanks.

Posted by: Higgosboots (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 20:13

Quote:
goosed
who subs a sub duggen for tollit

Sir Alex Ferguson

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 20:28

Without wanting to sound like goosed davies messed up again today i believe

Posted by: Hollins (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 22:08

It was heartening to see so many of us there today especially after last Tuesday and the distance too. Well done to all.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 22:16

Quote:
the kav
Without wanting to sound like goosed davies messed up again today i believe

Don't worry the kav, there's no chance of that. He's in a league of his own, with the long departed, seemingly never to return and for those with a good memory, Hugh Jarce.

That match certainly had some twists and turns and I would never have predicted 2 penalties and an own goal, but fair play the team came away with 3 points.

Just a shame Macclesfield snuck a late one, as it would have been 2 points eaten out of their lead.

As for Sutton, without the changes to their pitch finishing above Tranmere will mean nothing, except how it affected the playoff draw, but Tranmere still have a chance of top spot but it isn't going to be easy.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 24/02/2018 22:18 by Matt34.

Posted by: CaptainFriendly (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 22:20

Quote:
Fiftyyearsarover
A good enough win well done ,but the goals are starting to dry up again we had to depend on an OG and penalty to get the win today .O Tuesday 1 Last Saturday its a few games since Norwood scored ,Tuesday was a killer blow but they had enough to get the job done today albeit not really convincing judging by report .but we are still 3rd we’re I would put us the end of season, Macc and Sutton looking solid and don’t appear to be afflicted by self doubt.they can and do win when it matters

We score three and goals are drying up apparently. OGs and pens are perfectly valid ways to score. I might suggest you've been spoilt this season if it weren't for the defensive errors lately which I think is what really needs fixing. Maybe Manny can do a job. Let's see.

Still best GD in the league.

The consensus from some fans and Micky himself is that we need more composure in midfield and an extra pass or two would go a long way. Bizarre considering our main complaint in the autumn was that there wasn't enough urgency getting forward.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 22:31

Boring game other than the last 20. Brilliant perseverance and would of put the lads spirits back on high! Great!

Posted by: AccountLogicallyDeleted (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 23:31

Quote:
aktrfc
Quote:
853OKG
Quote:
goosed
mm hasnt a fookin clue wer is mcnulty clarke rides ???

Predictable post. If you watch the interviews and read the various news items you would know that various players haven't been risked because of the pitch. Mcnulty has been carrying an injury, for example. Playing on the artificial pitch was deemed a risk. As for Clarke....

Did you post when the team was banging them in, to praise the selection? (rhetorical) Obviously had a clue then didn't he?

And guess what, now 3-2.

If what you say was true, then we have the bet squad and manager in the league, so we must be top and running away with it.

Must say I feel we were a bit lucky to get away with it

Apparently, you read what you want to read. Not what was written. Are you related to Goosed. Or same person?

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2018 23:43

Quote:
mini_andy
Can anybody work out our formation today?

Sorry Micky if you can't work it out no point of coming on here asking us.

Date: 24 February, 2018 23:46

Adam Buxton tweeted that we massively dodged a bullet today and every player was below par, which gives some creedance to aktrfc last sentence. Adam also tweeted a win's a win and we move on, which is sound advice I think we should all listen to.

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 00:02

Lost on Tuesday. Micky changed it. Not working. Micky changed it. 3 points. We're not Man City. But we're in the playoffs of the
National League. Surely happy days.

Date: 25 February, 2018 08:46

Quote:
kennyspint
Lost on Tuesday. Micky changed it. Not working. Micky changed it. 3 points. We're not Man City. But we're in the playoffs of the
National League. Surely happy days.

Exactamundo Kenny. It's an Inspiration Point. Like the Bucko quote, we should accept we're not perfectamundo and all remain cool. We're third, but let's not sit on it, let's go for it. If we could winkle some more results out like yesterday, it could be Happy Days indeed!

Current Page: 4 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net