Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: Next Up: Maidstone United (A)
Posted by: Jack of all Trades (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 09:32

At this stage of the season it would be nice to blow all teams away with neat attractive and goal galore performances.

Unfortunately, this will not happen every game as we know, whether we play well, poorly or indifferently the three points is what matters.

We certainly by all accounts road our luck in this game and probably didn't deserve all three points but, there have been games this season where we have deserved a win or draw and not got it.

4G pitches are notorious for having little give and causing injuries MM was quite right in taken this into account in team selection of certain players, the last thing we want at this stage of the season is more avoidable injuries.

Useless piece of information, we have won on all three 4G pitches this season (Bromley, Sutton & Maidstone)

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 10:23

I am sure rovers have a 4G pitch and use to train on it and as stated we usually win on them ,so can’t see the problem ,why we panic .if people are struggling with an injury and are left out that makes sense ,but anyone coming in should be used to them ,not many teams win at Sutton and Bromley .

Posted by: Kenny_Crons (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 10:36

The Solar Campus does not have a 3G/4G surface to practice on.

I don't know if the team has access to one of these surfaces somewhere else though.

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 11:32

if a pro footballer cant play on a 4g pitch there is somethin up imagine if all the players said i dont wana play today on a 4g pitch can u get someone else from down the road to take my place , ho petty does that sound

Date: 25 February, 2018 12:22

As usual Goosed you totally miss the point again!!!

It is all about the effect a 4G pitch has on certain injuries which players may be coming back from or suffer a recurrence of, as there is no give on 4G compared with a normal grass pitch. It can even cause injuries such as Jake Kirby the first season we played on 4G.

Nothing whatsoever to do with not wanting to play on a 4G pitch.

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:32

So tollit who has been out injured was ok to play on it then ???

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 13:44

Quote:
goosed

Only off the bench and probably only because we were losing at the time.

Date: 25 February, 2018 14:44

Obviously in this case he was!!!!

Who nearly shot the Dragons?
Posted by: Wirral Mike (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2018 20:47

Yesterday I was a guest at the Racecourse to see a very entertaining 2-2 draw, Wrexham v Aldershot. By coincidence the same result as my last visit a few weeks back, then of course with 1800 or so of the travelling SWA. It was very interesting this time to be based with the home supporters and get their take on the current scramble for NL PO places. Aldershot suffered two injuries in the warm up including one to to their goalkeeper. Yet they played crisp, attacking, passing football that was a pleasure to watch. From defence to attack no bouncing off shins and into row H when these guys receive a ball from a team mate.

The general consensus of views was this was the best team to have played at the Racecourse this season, Those that didn't say that said Aldershot AND THE SWA were the best two teams to have played there this season, which was nice to hear. Wrexham probably just about deserved a draw and had the on loan Quigley to thank for both goals, including a coolly taken one on one (yes I know, I know). He is a very tidy and accomplished player, but did not get the service and support he needed, they played him alone up front for some reason. Wrexham fans are now very disappointed with their 9 draws out of 12 matches which puts our 1 defeat to Macc into perspective. I did not need to update myself on how things were going at Maidstone as the most common q all around me 'how are Tranmere doing?' and then all the phones came out. When we did it late on 3-2 I had to remember where I was and not be too demonstrative about my joy, which was only tempered by the late,late goal at Macc. I also had to not respond to those calling MM 'melon head' and 'pathetic', apparently for his views on the reason(s) for our defeat to Macc.

Conclusion: Wrexham as a club are like us i.e. too big to be in the NL but also like us have to deserve their promotion as past reputations, big stadiums (stadia?) or even big (gish) crowds count for nothing, it's points that matter. And we will have to be right on our game on 14 April at PP to beat the Shots. But I believe we will, otherwise there's no point in me turning up

Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 00:27

Yes.interesting what goes on up there and I agree shots could be a stumbling block don't fancy playoffs with them .certain posters will have us beat b4 a ball is kicked.but I'm staying positive till the end

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 01:29

Quote:
goosed

The point of some selection changes was not risk reoccurance of some peoples injuries or the impact on people.

McEverley played against Kilamrnock for Ross county last season and said it took him the best part of a week to recover because the 4G impacted on his knees in a certain way. Mellon listened earlier in the season and limited his pitch time on 4G pitches.

As for Tollit almost certainly being used as an impact player only for limited time.

Players not used were deemed a risk, not because they kicked up rough about playing on the surface, because that is a 99.9% certainty that they would not moan about 4G pitches and refuse to play on them, but if you were a footballer and you'd played on one and some of your joints were still feeling the impact 3-4 days later, would you tell your manager it's not a problem to play on such a pitch, or suggest your impact be limited to the subs bench or not at all, when the team next played on such a pitch?

I rather think you would do the latter don't you, so you wouldn't risk possible impact damage to said joints again, that could hamper how long you played football in your career, or damage that could eventually premeditate constant niggles through the rest of your life and if John Fashanu is in early stage knee arthritis in his mid 50's, then why should McNulty end up like him, because he plays once too often on 4G surfaces?

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 07:42

Wonder how the Maidstone squad cope with the 4G ? Do they have a high percentage of knee injuries?

Posted by: AccountLogicallyDeleted (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 14:30

Maidstone cope by not winning in 17....

Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 20:18

Really impressed with Andy Mangan's interview after the game and his attitude.

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: TranmereFan (IP Logged)
Date: 26 February, 2018 21:21

Quote:
853OKG
Maidstone cope by not winning in 17....

I guess they all have @#$%& knees, feet and toes then 😆

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 00:15

An anagram of what happens to Maidstone United players or opposition, who suffer a 4G accident.

Stud in toe, man die.

What can't happen on a 4G pitch.

Stained toe in mud.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: dicko111 (IP Logged)
Date: 27 February, 2018 09:37

Dont know if this has already been said but when Cook scored why did he or nobody else celebrate apart from Jennings running over and giving him a pat on the back ?

Posted by: Shaumbra (IP Logged)
Date: 04 March, 2018 11:05

Quote:
goosed
mm hasnt a fookin clue wer is mcnulty clarke rides ???
(Sm103)(Sm22)

Current Page: 5 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net