Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Bury
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 13:18

Something about this bury costastrophy stinks players not paid for 12 weeks owe taxman £1600000.how can a club get away with not paying wages for 12 weeks it's all a bit fishy to me .another bad run club like Bolton the mac .and a few others all in deep money problems .maybe it's time the efl made a example and throw them out of the league .clubs must be made to run within there means not being allowed to spend money they have not even got cos in the end it's the fans that suffer and all becouse these idiots buy these clubs and run them into the ground .it's got to stop these owners need to be held account for there actions

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 14:43

bangor fc docked 42 pts for financial irregularities amongst things

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 14:57

While I'm disgusted at Bury who should be punished, I don't think Ryan Lowe's to blame for any of this - it's a mess he inherited. In the meantime he was just doing his job and doing it very well given the circumstances. I've got more time for him after his recent punditry on Sky - he sounded like a Tranmere fan.

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 15:04

Agree with you no way was it lowes fault or the players .it's these so called owners who coused all these problems but these greedy selfish crooks just walk away and look for there next victims leaving the club in a mess and threat of winding up or even town out the league these greedy stupid owners need to be made to pay for the mess and and held account .I feel sorry for the fans of these clubs .Bolton and bury in a mess due to idiot owners playing big time Charlie

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/05/2019 15:05 by gary anderson.

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 21:48

Chairman now says he has incurable illness

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 21:59

Yes it's called fiscal dementia, where you cannot remember how much or what you can legitimately spend and just spend any old amount on stuff.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 04:04

If bury are wound up would that mean the fourth from bottom L1 gets a reprieve

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 09:43

Or could it mean that the runners up in the Play Off final would gain promotion!? And what happens if Bolton fold too. Perhaps unlikely but possible! And have Coventry resolved their ground problems? I assume they have but don't know as I have just returned from the Outer Hebrides where there is little or no internet!

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 15:50

The last team relegated would be spared is how it how it has worked as far as I am aware...

Posted by: Brenk (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 08:22

Ryan Lowe obviously not impressed. About to be signed up by Plymouth Argyle apparently.

Posted by: Import (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 08:59

Quote:
ADD
The last team relegated would be spared is how it how it has worked as far as I am aware...

That's how it works up until the conclusion of POs, after which L1 will operate with 23 clubs.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 10:29

Quote:
Import
Quote:
ADD

That's how it works up until the conclusion of POs, after which L1 will operate with 23 clubs.
Ok thanks for clarifying Imp... BTW thanks for the kind words on the match thread!!

Date: 30 May, 2019 18:22

Bury boss Ryan Lowe has agreed a deal to become Plymouth manager.

Posted by: aktrfc (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2019 18:35

Well Micky best not go anywhere, because Lowe would have been a good replacement. Are Plymouth not in league 2? Step down

Posted by: coltran (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2019 18:40

At least he'll get paid at Plymouth

Date: 30 May, 2019 18:42

Well if MM does move on, Lowe will be kicking himself

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2019 18:43

Quite a well supported club Plymouth. Despite him jumping ship with us, I think he showed his true colours during the play off semis and final about how he felt about Tranmere. Who knows perhaps he may become a Tranmere manager one day.

Date: 30 May, 2019 18:44

Bury financial crisis deepens amid pressure over £4.2m loan
• Loan is from former owner Stewart Day’s property company
• Club face winding-up petition and owner says debt is £8m

Promoted to League One last month, Bury have a series of loans from a company, Capital Bridging Finance Solutions, taken out during Day’s tenure at the club, which Dale says now total £3.7m and carry interest of almost £1,500 a day. In 2014, one of Day’s companies took out a £1m loan, guaranteed by the football club and secured on Gigg Lane, at 10% interest a month, a cumulative 138% annually. That loan is recorded as having been satisfied and new loans were subsequently taken out, secured on Gigg Lane, including the outstanding one.

Date: 30 May, 2019 18:53

I’m just surprised he signed now, not doubt he’s a bloody good manager to get a team like bury with all there troubles promoted. Thought he might have held out for a higher league. All the best to him though, he asked for a 2 year contract with us and our old mate jezer would only offer him 1, so he went. Not his fault and I feel that had he stayed, we would not have gone into the decline we did.

Don’t shoot me for this, but I think he was a better striker than Nors. I’ll take cover now.😮

Posted by: martyd12 (IP Logged)
Date: 30 May, 2019 18:58

The reason the judge was prepared to adjourn the proceedings until June 22nd was that there are apparently " three expressions of interest " in purchasing the club! I imagine the judge will require some concrete evidence on the next occasion that some party has the wherewithal to pay off the debts and start afresh. Otherwise liquidation is a very real possibility.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net