Current Page: 1 of 2
Wembley bags!!
Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 19:25

It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 19:45

Oh dear.my daughters cutting her holiday short and flying into stansted only just in time for match.her handbag gone be too big carrying a few clothes must warn her ta sparky

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Cybertron (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 19:45

Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
and the size appears to be about the size of a piece of A4 paper.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 19:51

Quote:
Cybertron
Quote:
sparky100
It may be worth noting that Wembley now operate a very strict size in relation to bags of any sorts that people may wish to take in. For those ladies attending perhaps for the first time with their husbands, partners etc this also includes handbags. Anything over the size will not be allowed in and there is no bag storage facility either. The new regulations came in last November. In a nutshell anything over the size limit and you won't get in.
and the size appears to be about the size of a piece of A4 paper.

What about a carrier bag?

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Yardleys Cat (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 19:52

The way I read this, bags must not exceed same height and width as an A4 sheet of paper. That means rucksacks, sports bags etc will not be allowed in. Worth knowing and worth a read. Full details on wembleystadium.com. That website says maximum dimensions of any bag must not exceed 297 x 210 x 210mm.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 21:07

Quote:
Yardleys Cat
The way I read this, bags must not exceed same height and width as an A4 sheet of paper. That means rucksacks, sports bags etc will not be allowed in. Worth knowing and worth a read. Full details on wembleystadium.com. That website says maximum dimensions of any bag must not exceed 297 x 210 x 210mm.

Well Lads and Lassies of the SWA looks like we'll have to leave our hand bags at home(Sm122)

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 May, 2019 23:09

can i wear my old Oxford Bags?

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 01:02

Only if there A4 size

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: EBAWB (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 08:18

What about our bags of confidence?



Every ball's a white ball

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: dixie60 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 08:31

I fell foul of this silly rule at the Salford v Fylde play off the other day. Stewards were over the top and rude at enforcing the A4 size. I was invited to throw away my work rucsac (I hid it in a nearby building site and collected it after the game). Folded up bags are not permitted either. Even plastic bags are banned. Keeping objects and fold up bags in your jacket is one way round it. If you're carrying a water bottle, they'll confiscate the top so keep a spare one in your wallet.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 09:36

Thks for the info about size of bags.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 10:38

can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: FredUrmson107in333 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 11:36

Quote:
the baldy one
can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

6 To view a full list of articles which must not be brought into the Ground see www.wembleystadium.com. Prohibited items include knives, fireworks, explosives, smoke canisters, aerosols, air-horns, noisemakers, flares, weapons, dangerous or hazardous items, illegal substances (including legal highs), laser devices, bottles, glass vessels, cans, poles, or any article that may be used as a weapon and/or compromise public safety or which may pose a hazard or nuisance to any other person, or any article to be used for a commercial or a charitable purpose. Any person in possession of such items will be refused entry to or ejected from the Ground

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Loyden1 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:04

Just ask Borehamwood fans baldy

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 01:24

Quote:
Loyden1
Just ask Borehamwood fans baldy
Too right

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Man in the Midlands (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 09:38

I carried 8 pints into the ground last year, no one searched me and I didn't spill a drop.
I kept my mouth shut. lol

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:38

Quote:
the baldy one
can someone tell me the rule on bottles. are you allowed to take any sort of bottle into Wembley - cheers.

Yes it just can’t have a top on it or it becomes “an article” for the purpose of sporting ground laws so they will take the lid off you

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 17:37

I went to Wembley this afternoon to see my local team, Chertsey Town win the FA Vase. I can confirm that the stewards are very very strict on both bag sizes and bottles. A number of ladies attending where not let in with over size handbags!! One woman remained outside with her friends bags whilst they went in!! Bit foolish if you ask me, she was a sitting target for someone to come and snatch one!!!!

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: Yiggsy (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 20:11

Great point this. Hadn't thought.

All being well will arrive at Eustom at 12:30 and won't have time to drop bag off at hotel so will need to use the left luggage rip-off. sad smiley

Re: Wembley bags!!
Posted by: sparky100 (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 22:20

Quote:
Yiggsy
Great point this. Hadn't thought.
All being well will arrive at Eustom at 12:30 and won't have time to drop bag off at hotel so will need to use the left luggage rip-off. sad smiley

At least you are aware of it now Yiggsy, many people won't be!

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net