Boreham Wood Wembley DVD
Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 09:45

Was disappointed that a special DVD wasnt released from last year..they should have done a DVD with the full match and loads of extras features..could and should have done, pre match build up, interviews, full 90 mins of game, post match celebrations, celebrations at Prenton the following day etc etc...why didnt they? It was such a momentous moment in the clubs history.

Re: Boreham Wood Wembley DVD
Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 09:49

Yes agree .we might have spotted the moron from Boreham wood who threw the bottle on the pitch .still notheing ever said or done about that .but agree a well edited dvd would have been great

Posted by: Phil65 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 10:28

Absolutely, prefaced with compilation footage of the lows (and "highs") of the National League, including our defeat to FGR at Wembley, to put some context as to how momentous it was; still gives you goose bumps watching it! Could do without the emotional roller coaster this time around as it's not great for the ticker!

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 10:30

Quote:
Phil65
Absolutely, prefaced with compilation footage of the lows (and "highs") of the National League, including our defeat to FGR at Wembley, to put some context as to how momentous it was; still gives you goose bumps watching it! Could do without the emotional roller coaster this time around as it's not great for the ticker!

Welcome back Phil, where the bloody well have u been? Lol

Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 10:34

talking about Tranmere rovers dvds - since dvds were invented in approx. 2002 quite a lot of teams at the end of each season release either a season review dvd or a goals of the season dvd which is basically the same thing. but I do not think Tranmere have ever done either. surely they could link up with a dvd company and produce something for the fans to watch during the summer months etc. in the past few years though I have on a few occasions gone in to the club shop and ordered a individual full match dvd and it came in its own box with colour sleeve.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 10:44

matt hibert sold a cracking USB withh all the end of season highlights of the late eighties / early 90s and it had the full broadcast of last years final + other random TV and cup games.

superb if you can get a copy

Date: 18 May, 2019 17:10

Quote:
hong kong rover
Quote:
Phil65

Welcome back Phil, where the bloody well have u been? Lol

Won't bore you with the details, but things should be on more of an even keel over the next couple of weeks, so might be making a few more appearances. Looking back, have missed some interesting threads which I'm sure would have had me tempted! Soaking up the anticipation of yet another Wembley trip; my son's loved it going into school rubbing it in with the red and blue noses! Talking of Wembley, did anyone on here get ejected from the coach last year to make way for those on another coach that had broken down? Didn't bring it up last year as too busy basking in the glory. Damn fiasco, hence me booking on the OSC coach this year.

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 18:40

Yes.I was on that coach.Didn't leave PP until about 8.45.Were you the one making the fuss Phil ?☺☺

Date: 18 May, 2019 19:37

Quote:
Tranmere69
Yes.I was on that coach.Didn't leave PP until about 8.45.Were you the one making the fuss Phil ?☺☺

Tranmere69, would be totally out of character for me to challenge perceived injustices in the world (Sm100)
Probably the most grating thing was a club official boarding the coach, changing the coach number then aggressively telling us to get off as were on the wrong coach! If only someone had the decency to apologise instead of the officious approach that was taken, things would have been so much smoother. We were fortunate enough to find three spaces on another coach that was just about to leave PP; I say fortunate, as the driver decided to take a "short cut" as we approached Wembley and then struggled to get to the stadium, severely affecting any pre-match drinking time! Felt for those others who had to wait for the replacement coach which I believe was coming from Wigan? if memory serves me correctly. Thank the Lord (Norwood that is) that we won!!

Posted by: Tranmere69 (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 22:21

Can't happen again surely !!! I mean the coach of course.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 18 May, 2019 23:04

Quote:
the baldy one
talking about Tranmere rovers dvds - since dvds were invented in approx. 2002 quite a lot of teams at the end of each season release either a season review dvd or a goals of the season dvd which is basically the same thing. but I do not think Tranmere have ever done either. surely they could link up with a dvd company and produce something for the fans to watch during the summer months etc. in the past few years though I have on a few occasions gone in to the club shop and ordered a individual full match dvd and it came in its own box with colour sleeve.

They used to do a video every year, probably was one of those things that got cut as the outlay didn’t justify the reward, I guess nowadays you can’t just make a DVD of your season there are probably all kinds of licensing and royalties that need to be paid, remember when a computer game could just put the teams and players names on!

Date: 22 May, 2019 21:00

Quote:
Tranmere69
Can't happen again surely !!! I mean the coach of course.

I'm on coach 13! What could possibly go wrong.......!

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 21:46

As a stay at home I taped it but forgot to start it till just after Rides got sent off 😡but have most of it on tape ,before you leave from home set sky to record ,simples .i have booked my seat behind the couch as usual safe journey chaps and let’s hope all goes well

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 21:58

PS HKR extra pies have been ordered within a mile radius of Wembley 👍

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net