tranmere boys up for grabs
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:23

i see in the last 7 days all 3 of sid nelson, Kieron morris and ben pringle have been told they have no future at their own clubs. as it stands I would definitely try and sign sid nelson and possibly ben pringle. but as we do not know what league we will be in next season it is hard to say which players we should keep and which players we should let go etc. if Ismael miller can prove his fitness and is willing to stay I would definitely keep him on because I think he only played 2 games before he got injured.

Re: tranmere boys up for grabs
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:41

To me yes Nelson is an absolute no brainer - L1 or not. Pringle will deffo not be coming MM does not like his work ethic. Morris - maybe but I think we can better... if we make L1 we will also likely get more loan opportunities of a better quality who would not drop down to L2. Miller is worth a punt also I feel assuming we are not risking too much wages.

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 10:35

Nelson definately, Morris has got potential and i think we will at least try for him. Miller also worth at least half a season to prove fitness as i dont doubt his quality. At first id have snapped Pringle up but he does not offer consistency. Has a great cross (when he fancies it) but if he doesnt fancy it he may aswell not be on the pitch and we cant afford to carry someone like that

Posted by: pez (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 15:10

We have loads of our current team out of contract this Summer.

The dilemma is, if we win on Saturday, we will need to build a team good enough to stay up in League 1.
This means that Micky will have to think long and hard about who he thinks will be good enough for that task.

League 1 status means League 1 wages, so we're going to have to ensure anyone we offer a deal to, is up to the required standard.

There are quite a few players who I feel will be released:

Tollitt, McNulty, Stockton, Bakayogo, Dagnall, Buxton, and possibly Miller if he's still not recovered.

There are remote possibilities that Jennings & Monthe might be poached, especially Monthe who wants a move down south.

That doesn't leave us with many players left, and the likes of Ridealgh and Harris who may get a new deal are both out of contract and free to go.

Norwood is more or less guaranteed to be leaving, so come the end of June, were going to be very very weak.

A total rebuild over the summer will be very difficult, plus, getting the team to gel in time for next season will be a mammoth task.

Just hope we have enough funds available to bring in some quality players?
Bearing in mind, we failed in our attempt to sign Ferrier last summer, with the player saying we offered him the lowest wage out of all the offers he received.

To summarise, we have 20 players out of contract, and only 6 still under contract until 2020! Very worrying.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2019 15:12 by pez.

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 16:24

[quote pez]We have loads of our current team out of contract this Summer.

The dilemma is, if we win on Saturday, we will need to build a team good enough to stay up in League 1.
This means that Micky will have to think long and hard about who he thinks will be good enough for that task.

League 1 status means League 1 wages, so we're going to have to ensure anyone we offer a deal to, is up to the required standard.

Tollitt, McNulty, Stockton, Bakayogo, Dagnall, Buxton, a

nd possibly Miller if he's still not recovered.

There are remote possibilities that Jennings & Monthe might be poached, especially Monthe who wants a move down south.

That doesn't leave us with many players left, and the likes of Ridealgh and Harris who may get a new deal are both out of contract and free to go.

Norwood is more or less guaranteed to be leaving, so come the end of June, were going to be very very weak.

A total rebuild over the summer will be very difficult, plus, getting the team to gel in time for next season will be a mammoth task.

Bearing in mind, we failed in our attempt to sign Ferrier last summer, with the player saying we offered him the lowest wage out of all the offers he received.

To summarise, we have 20 players out of contract, and only 6 still under contract until 2020! Very worrying.[/quote) 3

And your six are.........? Davies, Caprice, Perkins, Jennings, Banks, Ellis, Mullin? That's seven.

The season doesn't start at the end of June. We will have new players by then too plus anyone who is re-signed.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/05/2019 16:26 by Hoots Mon.

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 16:41

glad I,m not micky

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 16:48

I don't expect anything to be announced before the playoff is out of the way; no point destabilising the squad. But you have to expect there's been a lot happening behind the scenes and hopefully there's already some signings lined up.
Keep the faith, MM's been there plenty of times!

Date: 21 May, 2019 17:03

Quote:
Kentexile
I don't expect anything to be announced before the playoff is out of the way; no point destabilising the squad. But you have to expect there's been a lot happening behind the scenes and hopefully there's already some signings lined up.
Keep the faith, MM's been there plenty of times!

Harder for a team in the playoffs because you don't know which division you will be in. All the other teams have an advantage of at least two weeks for next season but presumably things will be in place for both possible scenarios and we will find out early next week. But Micky and Mike Jackson will have holidays to take too.

Posted by: Uglybob (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 19:04

Isn't this was Scouts are paid for ? I'm sure they'll have been doing their work , players recommended , even contact made . I agree nothing should or can be done til after the playoffs but I'm sure some of the space work has already been done .

Date: 21 May, 2019 19:43

[quote Hoots Mon][quote pez]We have loads of our current team out of contract this Summer.

To summarise, we have 20 players out of contract, and only 6 still under contract until 2020! Very worrying.[/quote) 3

And your six are.........? Davies, Caprice, Perkins, Jennings, Banks, Ellis, Mullin? That's seven.

The season doesn't start at the end of June. We will have new players by then too plus anyone who is re-signed.[/quote]

Jennings is out of contract on 31st June 2019! So yes that makes six!

Don't you just love a know it all who tries to humiliate people on a football forum!

You sure you're not a closet Kopite?

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 May, 2019 21:41

Date: 21 May, 2019 23:59

[quote pez][quote Hoots Mon][quote pez]We have loads of our current team out of contract this Summer.

The season doesn't start at the end of June. We will have new players by then too plus anyone who is re-signed.[/quote]

Don't you just love a know it all who tries to humiliate people on a football forum!

You sure you're not a closet Kopite?[/quote]

See Ross' post. Who's the know it all now?

Also,there's only 30 days in June.

Date: 22 May, 2019 18:40

[quote Hoots Mon][quote pez][quote Hoots Mon][quote pez]We have loads of our current team out of contract this Summer.

Tollitt, McNulty, Stockton, Bakayogo, Dagnall, Buxton, and possibly Miller if he's still not recovered.

You sure you're not a closet Kopite?[/quote]

See Ross' post. Who's the know it all now?

Also,there's only 30 days in June.[/quote]

I'll let you have that one, however, were left with 7 players, providing nobody comes in for any of our remaining contracted players.

Still going to be a nervous time over the summer.

Can't believe you're not at all concerned about the task ahead?;

A total rebuild and possibly at a higher level. I just don't think we've got the finances to fund what will be required in order to stay up in League 1.

Be great if Norwood decided to sign a new deal, but all the signs are that he's off to pastures new.

I wasn't aware that Jennings had extended his contract, but I have heard that Rotherham are said to be interested in him.

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 18:57

I don’t think lack of players is anything we haven’t faced before and let’s be honest it’s not a bad thing, and the 7 we have make the nucleus of a good side and should we go up Saturday we need better quality in the side for league 1 and should we not we still need better quality than we had this season as we will want to finish in the top 3 next season. You will probably find whatever division we are in a lot of the loan players remaining as I would think some were signed with permanent deals on offer at the end.

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 19:03

Most clubs are in the same position with contracts expiring etc so nothing to fret about there. We won't have a problem assembling a competent L2 squad.

Whoever wins on Saturday will be bookies favourites to come back down again but that wouldn't be an insurmountable challenge. Besides, three years of playoffs have pretty much done me in so a good relegation scrap will make a nice change!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 22/05/2019 23:18 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: Swa1976 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 19:22

Yes let’s just see where Saturday takes us first...SWA!!

Posted by: kennyspint (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 22:14

Yeah this time last season we didnt know if wede be in League two when we went up ourtarget was to stay in the football league Havent we done well. Lets enjoy Saturday at Wembley

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 04:19

If we addSid and Morris and manny stays then we should have decent beginnings of a squad
If we win then Norwood might even stay or ask Wigan to loan us Lang then surely MM has an idea of who he needs so I think we will be alright in either division

Posted by: AndyMase (IP Logged)
Date: 26 May, 2019 11:43

I know someone quoted ferrier saying we made the lowest offer, but maybe that is because we didn't need to overpay as we had s decent squad whereas others were facing a relegation battle so needed to overpay to e attractive.
I do think we should overpay for players but we should pay to secure the services of the right players.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net