James Norwood - Sunday Times
Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 12:43

Interesting article in Sunday Times with Norwood. His Agent is obviously moving things. He says he wants to see how high he can play and that he backs himself to score in the Premiership!! Not sure I would go that far but Championship yes... makes me think he may be hoping for better than Ipswich? If he is going to go which is almost certain sadly I hope he has a stormer on Saturday so we go up... and he gets to the championship!!

Re: James Norwood - Sunday Times
Posted by: ElvisTRFC (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 13:18

There's not a sniff of a mention in today's Sunday Sport about Nors. As they say, no news is probably good news.

Come Saturday, i, too hope he has a stormer of a game. Good luck to Nors whatever he decides

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 14:09

Not a Championship player but he will get a kick for a relegation outfit short on cash someone like Millwall, Wigan, Barnsley Luton or Preston. He will be a singing like we made in NL with Devarne Green or Stephenson, although his magnet seems to be putting a lot of effort into promoting him so maybe there isn’t that much interest, still can’t see him staying with us, it would have to be a contract we can’t afford. He got us back in the league so he deserves his sucess and if he fires us to league 1 he will surely get a stand or bar!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/05/2019 14:12 by Bored rover.

Posted by: jal jal (IP Logged)
Date: 19 May, 2019 22:50

Norwood playing in the Championship with whoever would be better than him playing for Ipswich against Rovers in Div 1 next season if they win in the Final.

Posted by: Hardly Irons (IP Logged)
Date: 20 May, 2019 08:53

He could go to Sunderland promoted or not.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 04:00

If he goes don’t fear as maybe we can splash the cash as Alabi has been transfer listed by Orient

Posted by: Tom Bombadil (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 10:12

He's deffo got something about him that stands out at his current level. He's stronger than given credit for and when on song is a pretty good finisher. His work rate is tremendous. Attitude seems to waiver with how good his form is. He sometimes allows frustration to affect his concentration. While he's still got a few seasons in him he would make more than a decent Championship striker in my opinion. Given that he would have a few more decent players around him I believe this to be an honest shout. In Tranmeres favour, he's made his name with us and although I wouldn't be so naive to think he would stay for any sort of loyal reason, its still a big decision to leave a job or situation you are successful in. He's a round peg in a round hole at Tranmere, who says that will be the situation elsewhere?

Suffice to say if we do go up, the Paliosi should make it a number one priority to try and keep him.

Posted by: mrGr33n13 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 11:12

No way should we break any sort of age structure to keep him.

I think he's championship level. His goal scoring isn't the most impressive part of his game. His runs are intelligent, his ability to turn a hooked clearance into possession high up the pitch is was above any other forward at this level. And his work rate is incredible.

He has one significanr contract left. He should play as high as he can, and really push for money to set him up.

Even if we go up I would want us to be the team that matches those criteria.

Best of British to the lad.

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 12:29

Quote:
mrGr33n13
I think he's championship level. His goal scoring isn't the most impressive part of his game. His runs are intelligent, his ability to turn a hooked clearance into possession high up the pitch is was above any other forward at this level. And his work rate is incredible.

He has one significanr contract left. He should play as high as he can, and really push for money to set him up.

I'm guessing you meant to say wage structure, and I agree with you on this. I'd love him to stay, but not at the cost of us not being able to build the right kind of team around him.

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 18:48

Just listened to Nors on talkSPORT and they asked about his future and of course was non committal saying it will be sorted in the next week or so and just wanted to celebrate today .He indicated that he was ambitious but loves Tranmere so got the impression that if we hadn’t been promoted then he was gone but I guess still a chance.

Posted by: BoredWithFicklePosters-Goodbye (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 18:51

Quote:
Kentexile
Quote:
mrGr33n13

I'm guessing you meant to say wage structure, and I agree with you on this. I'd love him to stay, but not at the cost of us not being able to build the right kind of team around him.

Except that we get an extra £400k for being in league 1 over league 2 so paying him extra comes for 'free' so to speak. Unfortunately, if you want a decent goal scorer , you have to pay. He also said he would like to stay, do you never know. ...

However, being realistic, we need at least one Koumas equivalent. Someone who is a playmaker
It was painful to watch at times. No real inspiration. But I am glad they at least got there. Results are all that matter.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 18:53 by FredUrmson107in333.

Posted by: Matt34 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 22:06

I thoguht soem time back promotino would bolster the clubs chances of keeping him, but nothing is for certain, however promotion will allow a better offer and I think if he was top earner, nobody else in the squad would complain.

Then I ate his Liver.......... with some baked beans and a can of coke.

Posted by: gazza102 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 22:43

Given Norwood's coments at the end of the game that he would like to make it "three in a row" and the comments made by Palios in his interview I feel reasonably confident that he might stay given the right contract.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net