jon stead / tranmere rovers
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 10:32

there is a very big rumour that in the next few weeks we are going to sign notts county striker jon stead to replace the lord james Norwood who is off to Ipswich town. if you ask me jon stead is to old he is now 36 and is no were near as good as james Norwood. I also think jon stead is the same kind of striker as Ismael miller a big tall target man - we need a nippy sniffer in the box striker who is guaranteed to score 20 a season - stead is not that man.

Re: jon stead / tranmere rovers
Posted by: RealityBitesHasLeftForum (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 10:41

I heard it as someone I.N Stead

Posted by: gary anderson (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 12:08

Here we go rumours rumours rumours . No one knows who we are gonna sign only mm and mp know who they are after who is coming who is going so let's just leave it to them shall we

Posted by: BELMONT (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 12:19

Quote:
gary anderson
Here we go rumours rumours rumours . No one knows who we are gonna sign only mm and mp know who they are after who is coming who is going so let's just leave it to them shall we

Could be Fowler been seen in the carpark, and my friend who's a friend of a friend who knows the tea ladies brother in law who works in the kiosk and he definitely maybe heard it.confused smiley

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 13:36

Quote:
the baldy one
there is a very big rumour that in the next few weeks we are going to sign notts county striker jon stead to replace the lord james Norwood who is off to Ipswich town. if you ask me jon stead is to old he is now 36 and is no were near as good as james Norwood. I also think jon stead is the same kind of striker as Ismael miller a big tall target man - we need a nippy sniffer in the box striker who is guaranteed to score 20 a season - stead is not that man.

They aren’t asking us though, the club can only deal with people who are available and the manager thinks he can make work. Which all the more makes this season an achievement

Posted by: trfc-boi (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 14:32

I heard Emile Heskey is linked with Tranmere

Posted by: Hoots Mon (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 16:30

Quote:
trfc-boi
I heard Emile Heskey is linked with Tranmere
No it s Chantelle his wife

Posted by: TwelfthofMay-ResurrectionDay (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 17:24

Please note who it was started this thread...

... case rested

Posted by: Bored rover (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 18:34

It’s on the EFL hub so absolutely no provenance. We are also “linked” if you can call the words “Tranmere could look at” as being linked with Andy Cook and Jason Cummings. In reality someone has nothing to write to says we might look at, I’m sure Micky has watched Gareth Bale on telly this season I doubt it’s classed as looking at 🤣

Posted by: rossb07 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 May, 2019 20:42

Quote:
Bored rover
It’s on the EFL hub so absolutely no provenance. We are also “linked” if you can call the words “Tranmere could look at” as being linked with Andy Cook and Jason Cummings. In reality someone has nothing to write to says we might look at, I’m sure Micky has watched Gareth Bale on telly this season I doubt it’s classed as looking at 🤣

EFL Hub and a certain Mr. O’ Rourke are generally behind the times and incorrect in what they post.

If you want a decent fellow to follow then James Goodwin is your man.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 10:41

It’s all hearsay ,rumours.what I will say ,next season is going to be very important we can continue to grow or we can sink again .when you think about all the players out of contract and Norwood leaving ,anyone who thinks different is deluded he is leaving ,that means nearly a whole new squad and it’s imperative MM picks the right people to come into the squad if we go into League one it will be hard going ,some big hitters in that League .if we stay as we are we will have to play well to stay in the EFL ,never been happy with his choices over the years ,did better after spurs game fetching Ellis ,Nelson etc in ,but the hardest part is to replace Norwood ,I can’t think of anyone we could afford who could get us 25/30 goals and cover his work rate, interesting months ahead

Posted by: DevonExile (IP Logged)
Date: 23 May, 2019 12:38

I have on good authority that over the next six weeks there are quite a few signings lined up.Furthermore the same will be happening at almost all clubs!!!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net