paul lambert - worst manager in league one
Posted by: the baldy one (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 13:33

I honestly think that paul lambert must be the worst manager in the lower leagues. let me explain - in the past 6 or 7 years he has had more clubs than nick Faldo and as soon as something goes wrong he leaves. Ipswich town are the latest unlucky club to have him as their manager and so far he has done absolutely nothing to enhance his sorry reputation. Ipswich town may be top of the league but that has got absolutely nothing to do with him. the way league one has gone so far - Ipswich town could have andy pandy as manager and they would still be top. I would not let paul lambert anywere near Tranmere rovers as he is a complete disaster.

Re: paul lambert - worst manager in league one
Posted by: Eric01 Tranmere (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 15:22

Doesn't it take some skill as a manager to maintain what you have? A manager has to select a team each match. Has to deal with injuries and so on. Has to maintain team spirit? Does that not take some skill?

Posted by: hong kong rover (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 15:48

On the subject of league one managers, Wimbledon have parted company with Wally Downes..

Date: 21 October, 2019 16:55

5 managerial changes so far this season in league one..

Phil Parkinson - resigned at Bolton
Danny Cowley - left Lincoln
Kevin Bond - sacked at Southend
Jack Ross - sacked at Sunderland ( stupid decision in my eyes )
Wally Downes - parted company with Wimbledon

Who's next?

Kenny Jackett at Portsmouth? He needs to start getting them into gear or he could be in bother.
Steve Evans at Gillingham? He is volatile and unpredictable and could easily walk away if he doesn't get his own way.
Joey Barton at Fleetwood? Big court case coming up in November.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/10/2019 17:04 by hong kong rover.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 18:43

My 50p would be on tisdale at mkd

Date: 24 October, 2019 08:36

2 x 2-0 defeats for Ipswich in the past 4 days..Their next game vs Sol Campbells Southend.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 02 November, 2019 19:41

Quote:
the kav
My 50p would be on tisdale at mkd

Anyone who popped the bookies owes me a pint! #smug

Date: 03 November, 2019 13:49

MK have wasted absolutely no time in finding a new manager, 33 year old Russell Martin who has no managerial experience whatsoever has been appointed today, could be a gamble or do the MK board believe he can do something? hope it all goes wrong for him then hopefully the bottom 3 may well be sorted out Bolton, Southend, MK... still a long way to go though this season , things will change!.. have to say I am surprised with this appointment, not so much in its speed but the fact he is so young and never managed before, but if he knows and understands his squad well then things could work out???

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/11/2019 13:50 by hong kong rover.

Date: 03 November, 2019 13:53

Martin was an unused sub in yesterdays game.

Date: 03 November, 2019 14:06

Can MK be accused of going for the cheap option?

Date: 03 November, 2019 14:23

Martin is Scottish and with todays appointment he becomes the 5th Scottish manager that is currently managing a league 1 club....

Dead easy quiz, name the other 4?.. no prizes, its so easy.

Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 03 November, 2019 14:25

Knows the players and the club ,gives him a start as opposed to coming in blind ,who knows

Date: 03 November, 2019 14:53

this appointment could be a fairly big turning point in the league 1 season, if it doesn't workout for MK and they start getting cut adrift along with Bolton and Southend.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net