Maddox
Posted by: Fiftyyearsarover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 20:34

Been sent back to Chelsea ,good or bad Decision ?,I know his loan is up ,Mickey does not reckon him evidently ,left today

Re: Maddox
Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 20:47

Loan wasnt up fifty, he was on a full season loan but management decided he wasnt the style of player we needed

Posted by: paulbyron (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 21:06

only just realised he,s not our type of player nobody not notice that before he came here?

Posted by: Aldo'smuzzy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 21:18

Reading between the lines, including MM's rather curt comments today and after the Salford game, I get the sense that the player's hunger, attitude or personality wasn't quite the right fit for MM. Could be wrong though.

Danns' arrival possibly pushed him down the pecking order. Mind you, I wonder if there's some kidology from MM saying he's happy with the midfield we've got, as I wouldn't be surprised if we brought in a midfielder in January. Pure speculation though.

Is it a mistake to end the loan early? Only time will tell. Got to back MM's judgment on this unless or until Maddox proves him wrong somewhere else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2019 21:19 by Aldo'smuzzy.

Posted by: ADD (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2019 06:49

Surprised by that although maybe I shouldn't be given how little game time he has had. I thought he was one of our best players against Man U21's...

Posted by: Uptonrover (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2019 07:11

Guessing contract for McCullough?

Posted by: goosed (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2019 08:35

Probably freeing up some money for a loan keeper as davies is out now so one leaves and loan keeper in ??

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 13/12/2019 08:35 by goosed.

Posted by: LongStandingFan (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2019 23:43

To a point I think this move from MM might make some sense. If the lad hasn't fitted into the squad in the way MM wants then its best to let him go asap so as to release any cash/budget tied up in him. Equally we don't know whether there is already contact with other player that may be more suitable for January additions to the squad.

Posted by: the kav (IP Logged)
Date: 15 December, 2019 19:13

He was in the gym a month or so back. He looked pretty fit tbh

Posted by: bheadlad (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2019 05:56

Maybe Maddox ‘wages went to the cover keeper of each week.If Maddox was fit and had a preseason with us then he probably would have been a useful addition to the squad. And still here
Frankly unsure whether there will be additional players in save mc Cullough if fit
This was always going to be a transitional year and a lot hinges on whether we can earn maximum pounds in the FA cup with hopefully a draw,win the replay,draw the lowest club away and win the replay in 4th round and then a fifth round payday

Posted by: Kentexile (IP Logged)
Date: 17 December, 2019 08:19

We don't know what happened behind the scenes, and we don't know if it was entirely MM's choice to send him back. Maybe it was, and he has an attacking-mid signing lined up for Jan. Or maybe Chelsea insisted he return if he wasn't going to feature regularly (from their perspective it's a wasted year in the player's development).
In any case, he seems to be behind both Jenno and Morris in the pecking order for that attacking mid spot (and arguably both are better in that position than out on the wing).
We also don't know how much we were paying for the loan.
Either way, impossible to judge whether it's right or wrong without knowing the full facts.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/12/2019 08:20 by Kentexile.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net