DMP vs PARFC
Posted by: Dewnansek (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 01:18

The Albion team has been announced

[www.plymouthalbion.com]

No other details such as a preview etc...

DMP have provided a little more information about their team,... and they give some guidance for any fans making tbe long trip

[www.mowdenpark.com]

[www.mowdenpark.com]

Good luck to the hardy folks making the journey, and lets hope the team bring home a win.

Personally, I reckon this as 50/50

Re: DMP vs PARFC
Posted by: baatalbion (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 06:47

Disappointing to see, again, no pre-match interview with anyone. A missed opportunity to engage the supporters and create interest in the fixture. Can anyone offer an explanation? GOOD LUCK to the squad, a great opportunity for a valuable away win against a good side.

Posted by: stonehousealbion (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 16:42

Rumour mill says a significant departure on the media side of things (without replacement). Also one in Catering/Events management. Control of costs is one thing, drift is another...

T'ain't looking pretty on DMP Twitter right now; FT score to follow shortly...

Come cheer up, my lads - 'tis to glory we steer!

Date: 16 November, 2019 16:47

DMP 49 - 22 PARFC @ FT (5-0)

Albion in possession and close to 4T bonus at the whistle, but knocked on and Sir blew on 80... (Sm100)

Posted by: Dave G/w (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:03

Oh dear not good, the wheels seem to have fallen off at the moment, somethings need to change, or could be staring relegation in the face. Letís hope things turn around soon

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 21:02

Not impressed with comments to a supporter on Twitter yesterday.no need for bad language .

Posted by: Dave G/w (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 11:28

I agree, doesnít help

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 14:24

Every supporter at Albion is entitled to an opinion the response from the individual and the language used is unacceptable .

Date: 19 November, 2019 15:01

Does this refer to the comment by "Harry'sDad" when the FT result was given? If not - where?

If so, it is direct and critical (and only his opinion), and I sense that "HarrysDad" was rather frustrated at the time, given the result. There are a few twitters bagging Ben Gulliver and suggesting Keiran be asked back. The results have been mixed and the position in tbe table is not what I hoped for or expected, but is that Ben's fault?

The cessation of media releases from the club/Ben on match previews and reports is not helping here.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 19/11/2019 15:06 by Dewnansek.

Date: 19 November, 2019 15:10

Update - I have just noticed that there is a match report on the offy site - by Kevin Westlake.

Date: 21 November, 2019 18:59

Match report:

plymouthalbion.com

Another "big up" to Kevin W for getting these quality reports done in short order. It's datelined 16 Nov, but not sure it went up on the offy straight away. Obviously Twitter tells an incomplete story, but DMP made it all count early on. OK, grasping at straws, but that LBP would have made a difference table-wise. No getting away from it, though - mid table (?-13th) is a total dogfight. Plus the sick list is is considerable.

Another Moseley game this Sat please, lads...

Posted by: Kevin Westlake (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 11:01

Hi All,

I wanted to clear the air on this subject. My "Harry's Dad" Twitter account is reserved purely for my personal opinion and is in no way the view of Plymouth Albion RFC. I try by best to be objective, but as a supporter of Plymouth Albion, sometimes the frustration boils over.

I believe the players are doing the best they possibly can. I support Albion 100%, having been involved from a very very young age. I remember being shouted at by Bill Blank back in the day at Beacon Park!!

The "AlbionRFC" twitter account is available for me to post match updates and various other media. Again, I try to be as objective as possible and try not to cause controversy, however, sometimes the comments aimed at the club and individuals require an appropriate response. As mentioned, I try to remain as professional as possible.

From a match report perspective, many would have noticed that I did not attend the DMP or Richmond games, but still managed to produce a match report. This is something I have taken up to ensure we have some form of representation in the local press, as a volunteer. I am not a writer, or sports journalist...Ö.. I am a fan or supporter!!

I use various sources to collate these reports, including match videos, Twitter feeds, conversations with players and management following the game, and information available via the RFU GMS report, which details scorers, cards, kicks and attendance etc etc. This is done on a very short schedule. The match generally finishes at 1640, the report needs to be at The Indy by 1800. When you consider that I am discharging other duties as well, this can sometimes be a very very tight schedule, often I have less than 20 minutes to type, review, edit, review and send.

My love of rugby is due to the childhood I spent at Plymouth Albion with my family many moons ago, and I support the club wholeheartedly, even from afar when I am unavailable.

Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 09 December, 2019 12:48

I think all Albion supporters appreciate the good work you do.
Thank you from this Albion fan.

Date: 12 December, 2019 15:57

Quote:
lobina
I think all Albion supporters appreciate the good work you do.
Thank you from this Albion fan.

Seconded

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 17:53

THIRD

Apologies for shouting (Sm154)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Posted by: Commando Joe (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 18:02

Your input to the club is appreciated thank you. Also the other guys in the background on match days and during the season. One of the pitch side staff has been there for many years donít know his name, short bald guy usually with the fourth official. Well done to all 👍👍👏👏👏

Posted by: BALION PREDATOR (IP Logged)
Date: 12 December, 2019 19:23

Chugsy - ex player , vince and Jill's son all of them Albion through and through , considerable time and involvement over decades , lovely people .(Sm154)

(Sm72)

Plymouth Bred , Plymouth Born .

C'mon Albiiioooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn.

Posted by: noibla (IP Logged)
Date: 13 December, 2019 10:23

I second that B.P. smileys with beer

Semper Sersum.

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net