Promotion
Posted by: lobina (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 19:08

I wonder what the thoughts are on promotion to the Championship.
For myself I think unless you get Promotion with an outstanding team and loads of cash in the bank it could turn into a nightmare.
I would rather be a top half of the table in this league then a struggler in the one above.

Re: Promotion
Posted by: hills22 (IP Logged)
Date: 16 January, 2020 22:15

Good question. Got to always have that hope havenít we with the history being there, ground we have and business opportunity now and in future that can bring. I think a city/ club like Plymouth (look at Coventry, Bristol league up further too) should always have those aims at some point and at the right time hopefully make it up again. Ampthill have gone up this year and adjusted well.

Posted by: Albifan20 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 11:45

I agree with you hills22.

I Do want us back in the championship i believe we probably be there now had Graham dawe stayed in charge for the second season we were in this league as he was building up a good young team but that is life.

We are should be aiming to return there in time, this league although competitive it's just not bringing in the interest and finances. We need to build a squad capable of gaining promotion hopefully if the new head coach can finish the season strong and stays on and can build a team and a support staff next two seasons will be interesting.

Posted by: Commando joe (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 16:25

Graham Dawe had loads of money to put his team together. When we didnít make it he the spent all the money and also had a good deal from the club. Just saying

We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net