England's Roses
Posted by: PINGO (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:19

Looking forward to what should be another great game tomorrow, even venturing from the safety of the North to try a prawn sandwich or two. Does anyone know if season ticket discount will be active at the bars tomorrow? They weren't doing it for Dolly's game, just wondering if there's any point bringing it for this one?

Re: England's Roses
Posted by: Tiverton Brave (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 12:46

Anyone know the French team please?
[does anyone else find the label 'Roses' a bit naff? I do avoid using it when speaking of the womens team]

Date: 15 November, 2019 12:54

Sorry T.B. it's the name they always talk about and even SP are billing it online as the Red Roses, didn't mean to offend anyone.

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 15 November, 2019 20:44

That is who they are as a team, you cant cause offence. I think its nothing to do with chiefs so I doubt the discounts will work.

Date: 15 November, 2019 21:18

Was thinking the same Clalan, appreciate your response thumbs down

Posted by: DumnoniiNomad (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 09:27

Quote:
clalan
... I doubt the discounts will work.
Correct, Clanan. Very disappointed that our paltry 5% discount wasn't made available. The bar staff were very embarrassed and apologetic.

Date: 18 November, 2019 22:34

It's a shame that the loyal get less an less. The beer goes up every season, the food goes up every season but the benefits seem to dwindle. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy that my input (along with many,many others) makes us a profitable Prem club but I do remember the days when the odd reward for loyalty was on offer. confused smiley

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 06:37

Technically the stadium wasnít run by the chiefs, all money went to the RFU., they rented the ground and all the according extras. Obviously didnít buy enough of certain foods seeing they ran out . Good day though.
Canít blame chiefs for that one I believe.

Posted by: Shy Ann (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 13:58

Well I enjoyed the game - bit scrappy but exciting end. Not sure about the Smurfs version of the Oggie chant tho!

Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2019 07:15

I read somewhere that Chiefs were planning to use the Roses Game as a sort of recruitment exercise for the planned Chiefs Ladies team. I think the women were much impressed with Sandy Park and the support they got when they last played here. Obviously we're hoping to attract international players who want to upgrade to Exeter!

We'll have to think of a name for our women's team I'm pretty sure we wont be allowed to call them the 'Exeter squaws'. Any suggestions?

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 22 November, 2019 11:41

Well depends what answer you want. Friesians? Heifers? Holsteins, Ruby Reds - reflects a local identity. Falcons ?

Posted by: Chief-cum-Lately (IP Logged)
Date: 25 November, 2019 18:10

Quote:
emohawk
Well depends what answer you want. Friesians? Heifers? Holsteins, Ruby Reds - reflects a local identity. Falcons ?

Falcons could lead to confusion with the Geordie Women, maybe The Amazons?

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 11:12

Womans first team should be called the |Chiefs like the mens.

Posted by: BentFeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 16:20

Brilliant idea. We could rename the Braves the Chiefs, too. Not at all confusing. Or is it? (Sm100)

Date: 27 November, 2019 10:54

Bit of a history lesson for you here Bentfeathers.

Many moons ago before Exeter Rugby re branded its self as Exeter Chiefs as a whole club ;it was the first team that were called the Chiefs with the second string being called United.

Under that premiss i see nothing wrong with the ladies FIRST team being called the Chiefs. As far as it being confusing, well, i think the clue would be in the name ladies being included!

Its certainly a better option then some of the somewhat derogatory names for theses times i have seen mooted about!

Posted by: BentFeathers (IP Logged)
Date: 27 November, 2019 13:13

Interesting. I had no idea Ben was the latest in a long line of Moons. Rather like the Maunder dynasty, then?

Date: 27 November, 2019 13:28

Very good!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 27/11/2019 16:51 by Toomanychiefs.

Posted by: emohawk (IP Logged)
Date: 28 November, 2019 10:05

Derogatory? I thought rugby players could take a bit of stick. Anyway being serious for a mo, the women can call their team whatever they like but it will no doubt have to have a marketing 'brand' for commercial reasons.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net