Enrique Pieretto
Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 08:32

Hearing whispers that Chiefs have signed Argentine International Prop Enrique Pieretto.

Interesting signing if true.....

Re: Enrique Pieretto
Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 10:20

Isn't he the fella that stamped on Marler?
He's still young.... He would be giving up playing International rugby if true..... Woukd he not?

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: big chopper (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 11:31

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 11:40

with Francis and Holmes both expected to be out long term, we certainly need reinforcements at THP, so hopefully on his way asap!

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 22:45

Francis 3 months on the optimistic side, we have a lot of young props though.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 07:19

Quote:
clalan
Francis 3 months on the optimistic side, we have a lot of young props though.

Can I just say we have some excellent young props, after being under the pump for most of the first 50 minutes at scrum time against La Rochelle, Marcus Street put in a great shift when he came on!

Posted by: Tom A Hawk (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 08:04

No word on the length of the deal, so perhaps this is a medical joker till after Christmas. Would make sense if Holmes and Francis are sitting on the sideline for a few months. At least this way Rob isn't raiding the Academy for Tightheads should Harry or Marcus get injured.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 09:02

What is Greg Holmes problem does anyone know?

On a different note it shows our strength in depth when we have recently lost or let go the likes of Jack Owlett and Jake Woolmore from our young front row stock and they have gone on to be regular first team squad members at their new teams having been 4/5th choice here.
Jack Owlett especially looked very assured yesterday for Wasps at Bordeaux which is a tough place to go and scrummage.
Good to see young products from our academy progressing even if it's not here as it shows the system is working and we have a very high bar to reach.

Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 09:15

According to Fissler in TRP, Pieretto is to join us after playing for the Barbarians yesterday for the rest of the season.
Fissler also reckons we are chasing Ross Moriaty whose contract with the Dragons is due to end next Summer.

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 10:29

You only have to look at the effect it had on Corbisiero, to see that overplaying at a young age is a bad idea for young props.
As well as Street is doing, I really don't want to see him in the team every week, which he needs to be at the moment given our injuries.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 12:23

Nothing on the offy yet but it's also mentioned we have signed him in TRP

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: Currychief (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 21:26

In the offy now....
Welcome Enrique!

Posted by: Shy Ann (IP Logged)
Date: 19 November, 2019 13:56

Watched him closely in the BaBa's game - looks solid in the scrum and definitely mobile.

Posted by: Chief Sitting Down (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 08:24

I have spoken to Cordero and he said.
Enrique is coming.
He has given his friend advice on where to live etc.
Looking good he's is coming .

Posted by: Comanche Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 26 November, 2019 08:53

Quote:
Chief Sitting Down
I have spoken to Cordero and he said.
Enrique is coming.
He has given his friend advice on where to live etc.
Looking good he's is coming .

I don't know about Chief Sitting Down, I think you need a sit down.

He's here.
Enrique Pieretto

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net