Current Page: 1 of 2
La Rochelle v Chiefs
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 16:12

Good first half - 14-0 up, keep it going boys!

Re: La Rochelle v Chiefs
Posted by: AB (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:04

From a Sarries supporter congratulations on a very professional performance.
Totally deserved and best of luck for your European adventure.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:15

Well..... So much for me saying I'd take a LBP!
Outstanding performance by the boys against a quality side. Everyone of them stepped up today and beating that side 12-31 with a TBP will make some sit up.
Well done Ex..... Brilliant win

I drink and forget stuff!

Posted by: Shouting Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:20

Brilliant performance against a very good team. That was patient, professional and decisive. Several times La Rochelle looked likely to break through with elusive runners but our defence was up to their challenge.
Everything clicked for us but for me outstanding factor was our defence. O'Flaherty is turning into world class. I had my doubts about him when he joined us because of my perception of his slight build. Nah, he's a proper class act.
Thanks Ex, sleep will come easy tonight.
(Sm53)

Just a farm team from Devon.
We know who we be!

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Posted by: Yorkie Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:49

What a cracking win. Well done you lot.

Posted by: Chief Fire Water (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:52

I thought S Simmonds, Vermeulen, Williams where all very close to being MOM. The pack today where outstanding all game.

Only downside for me was Cuthbert as he doesn't seam to be on his game, we need Jack back ready to start.

Posted by: minuteman (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 17:57

What a great result.. we look so much better when things stick .... thought the whole team were immense and hard to pick a MoM.. but happy it went to Flats

Posted by: chief in exile (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 18:05

We werenít that much different from last week. Last week we werenít far away from that kind of performance. We are a very good team that has had some disjointed performances in a weird ( because of WC) start to the season

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 18:14

That has to rate as one of the best performances from an English side in Europe for a very long while. Congratulations from a Saints fan.

Posted by: totemchief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 19:29

A great game well done Chiefs.
Also well done to the travelling tribe yo certainly made yourselves heard.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 16 November, 2019 20:10

Best away performance in Europe for hell knows how long! You don't get many WBPs out of France - flipping hell!

Date: 17 November, 2019 07:26

Thought the pass that Joe Simmonds threw to set up Flats try was top draw, if Danny Cipriani had made that pass it would be front page news! Henry Slade looked great today and really marshalled the defence.

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 09:15

Things are progressing now aren't they and any bonus point win in France is a good result at any time!
No holes to pick in our performance but it has to be said that was a poor performance from La Rochelle with the unforced errors so probably wise not to get too carried away with it from our perspective and we all know the coaches will be driving that home.
Great for confidence though.
Flats looks top drawer now doesn't he although not the finished article quite yet he certainly gives us some X factor and we need to get his hands on the ball as much as possible. Another great piece of recruitment that came from left field a bit.

The important thing now is to back this performance up!

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 10:49

A big win next week, would go a long way to sewing up the group, even at this early stage.

Brilliant performance yesterday. Very mature and rounded, and a definite step up from previous seasons. For several years, we have been saying we need to make better decisions in the European matches, and yesterday I think we really did, albeit we probably should have taken 3 points early on, when we messed up that lineout in the corner!

A lot of the errors LaR made were down to the pressure Chiefs put on them.
I thought they got a few lucky calls from the ref, to keep them in the fight, but in truth Chiefs put the squeeze on them so well yesterday, they were forced to play in areas they wouldn't want to.

Flats had a great game, and his try came at a crucial moment. He's certainly improving as a player, which is a credit to himself and the coaches, but the exciting bit is there still looks like plenty of growth left - as well as his passing, I'd like to see his kicking improve, as there are times when a grubber through looks like the right option.

Hogg is certainly making a difference to us too - not everything comes off, but the threat is always there, and will grow with game time. Hopefully just a cramp, rather than anything more serious.

Thought Rob got the bench spot on yesterday - Bringing on Kirsten, to go alongside Vermeulen and Ewers in the back row to close out the game was a real statement.

Posted by: Darkside (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 10:49

Good result - but La Rochelle are well down the table in their league

Posted by: EXDJ (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 11:21

Yes but check the league table - 3 pts between 3rd and 12th. Standard French practice of winning your home games, losing away. And La Rochelle havenít lost at home in 8 months

Date: 17 November, 2019 11:44

Quote:
Darkside
Their away form is letting them down. A great win yesterday but it could make things harder for us in the group because Sale and Glasgow could be playing them at La Rochelle when they have already lost interest in the competition assuming they lose their away games.
We need to back this win up next week against Glasgow who will be a tough nut to crack but home advantage should count!

Posted by: fatheralice (IP Logged)
Date: 17 November, 2019 11:48

Quote:
Darkside

La Rochelle have played 4 of their 9 league games so far at home. Lyon have played 6

That's at least 8 points right there given its T14 we're talking about

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 08:19

Quote:
Darkside

3 points off 3rd place, top trolling!

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 18 November, 2019 09:46

I was listening to O'Gara on Off The Ball prior to this match and they asked him why French teams were so "Jekyll and Hyde" home and away. He said he wished he knew...

It's a weird phenomenon.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net