20. Chris Fusaro (174)
21. Ali Price (84)
22. Pete Horne (164)
23. Niko Matawalu (123)

Re: Teams Up v Glasgow
Posted by: Lowerwatha (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:03

Match Officials

Frenchman Romain Poite will take charge of Saturday's Heineken Champions Cup Round Five clash between Glasgow Warriors and Exeter Chiefs at Scotstoun Stadium (3:15pm).

Poite will be assisted by compatriots Vincent Blanco and Adrian Descottes with Denis Grenduillet appointed as the TV match official.

Date: 10 January, 2020 12:08

Weather Forecast

Looks horrendous at Scotstoun tomorrow. Strong winds with heavy rain and temperature around 8 degrees. Not going to be great for running rugby!
My advice - Wear your waterproof clothing and donít stand next to anyone wearing a kilt in a high wind!

Posted by: Celtic Chieftain (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:14

Sam Simmonds injured or just rested/not selected?

"Look, I'm fine, I don't need to go off, but I just can't remember what position I play."

Posted by: Broken arrow (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:25

Joe Simmonds Captain, interesting !
Rather see Sam Hill in the centre with Devoto.

Posted by: Running Bear (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 12:30

Sam Simmonds "not being risked on the artificial surface" according to the Offy.

Is Jonny Hill injured?

Date: 10 January, 2020 12:57

Quote:
Broken arrow
Joe Simmonds Captain, interesting !
Rather see Sam Hill in the centre with Devoto.

I too am surprised that Sam is on the bench, he was brilliant against Irish.
Joe being Captain shows how highly the coaches rate him!

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 13:14

I donít understand the selection this week.. no Dennis and Hill in the second row? Iím worried about our lineout with Lonsdale (and Armand not starting).

And how on earth is Whitten starting ahead of Sam Hill. Hill was excellent last week. And with Devoto formed a really good partnership.

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 14:11

The selection may just be because we only need one point from two games to go through. It's a bit of a gamble, but with La Rochelle at home and them being out of the running, it seems unlikely they'll come out all guns blazing.

That being the case, this is a good time to rest a few key players.

Posted by: Boldeagle (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 14:19

Quote:
Master Chief
I donít understand the selection this week.. no Dennis and Hill in the second row? Iím worried about our lineout with Lonsdale (and Armand not starting).
And how on earth is Whitten starting ahead of Sam Hill. Hill was excellent last week. And with Devoto formed a really good partnership.

Agree MC, we are going to struggle at the lineout and scrum.

Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 14:20

Joe as captain? That's an eyebrow raiser but overall that's a perfectly good squad that should be able to be able to get the job done.

Date: 10 January, 2020 14:21

Dennis is ill according to the Offy!

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 14:25

Sam is more of an impact player than Whitts, they are both strong but Sam is quicker. Whitts is superb defensively a great asset, but Sams strength and speed bursts can cause havoc with tired defences, he is in the best nick I have seen him which bodes well.
Another plastic pitch means we I'm surprised we are risking Jack, but with Matt back at 8 means again our strength in defence will still be top notch.
Nice to see the injured players starting to be able to play with Witty available.

We have a very balanced squad this season, we can rotate players without a noticeably change in power.
This is a hard task, but as long as we don't let them get a good head start like in the snow last time up there, we will have a great chance of pinching it.

East Terrace Central
Our roads are paved with hope, and there are no stop signs.
"COME ON EXE!"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2020 14:52 by clalan.

Posted by: Master Chief (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 15:26

Quote:
Boldeagle
Quote:
Master Chief

Agree MC, we are going to struggle at the lineout and scrum.

Agree. I think we could struggle at set piece and therefore struggle to impose our game on Glasgow who will be up for this.

And I disagree that we are only after a point from this game. The coaches have openly talked about wanting to get the win so we are in a good position to get a home quarter final. If we are going to progress in the competition then a home quarter is a must.

Posted by: Poking With Sticks (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 16:00

I don't think we only need one point. I just mean that keeping in consideration the games yet to come, there may not be many chances for a rest. If we have any designs on going further in the competition we also need to be looking at beating La Rochelle at home!

Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 17:48

It's all about of a balancing act.Its a long season and we are fighting on three fronts. Rotation is something we have to get used to.We all have our ideal team in our heads but players need to be managed carefully.

Posted by: Tribester (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 19:26

I agree TMC, and the starting 15 don't look weak to me.
COYC!

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 22:04

Considering all the players missing for one reason or another it still looks like a pretty strong team to me.
I don't get all the doom and gloom vibes. Players need resting,those that are not front line players need competitive game time etc etc.
It will be a tough game for certain but we should prioritise our home games imo so back the coaches for their thinking.

Posted by: Broken arrow (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 08:47

Quote:
Running Bear
Sam Simmonds "not being risked on the artificial surface" according to the Offy.
Is Jonny Hill injured?

The best thing that could happen to our sport is to ban artificial pitches.

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net