Home Park
Posted by: Toomanychiefs (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 11:59

Reported that if we get a 'home' quarter final in HC then there is a possibility it might be played at Home Park. Would be interested to know if this will be purely a financial decisions or A EPCR capacity one.
I hope it will not be the former.

Re: Home Park
Posted by: ExTeddChief (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 12:03

Given that last I checked Rowe has asked EPCR to let us host a quarter final at Sandy Park, the only reason for us to use Home Park would be if they had said "no".

Date: 17 January, 2020 12:15

Cheers ExeTed. Fingers crossed on winning first then EPCR being nice!

Posted by: clalan (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 15:19

I'm sure we would not have the quarters at Home park through choice. For the meagre increase in capacity, we would lose a fortune in bar and food sales.
Its not a great stadium for facilities, it does what it needs to that's it.

Date: 17 January, 2020 16:26

Never been there Clalan and I hope I never will!

Posted by: EXDJ (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:03

Quote:
clalan
I'm sure we would not have the quarters at Home park through choice. For the meagre increase in capacity, we would lose a fortune in bar and food sales.
Its not a great stadium for facilities, it does what it needs to that's it.

I thought EPCR have indicated that they would be prepared to consider Sandy Park for the quarters. Home Park might be under consideration for the semis (on the off chance Chiefs finish ahead of Toulouse and Racing) where capacity is more of an issue.

Posted by: Jehovas Sandals (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 17:12

I think SP will host the QF if we make it.
And if we are successful and reach the SF then options will be looked at.

I drink and forget stuff!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net