Ringfencing
Posted by: CullyChief (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 16:04

I may be about to reverse my opinion on it!

Re: Ringfencing
Posted by: plymptonchief (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 16:10

You may suddenly not be on your own!!
How are the mighty fallen.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:20

Let’s not allow the poor Saracens behaviour set law for the rest of us please. If Tigers finish bottom, we don’t deserve to stay up. I can think of no better way of ruining all that is good than by ringfencing.

Date: 17 January, 2020 18:48

Quote:
Stopsy
Let’s not allow the poor Saracens behaviour set law for the rest of us please. If Tigers finish bottom, we don’t deserve to stay up. I can think of no better way of ruining all that is good than by ringfencing.

I know you’re right Stopsy, just indulging myself a little! Never agreed with ringfencing, don’t see how any Exeter fan could credibly support it, given that we are usually cited as the best example of a club progressing and thriving in recent years.

Just my little joke.

Edited for typo.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/01/2020 18:52 by CullyChief.

Posted by: Stopsy (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:51

Sorry CullyChief, Pavlovian response from me

Posted by: Shouting Prarie Dog (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 18:58

Ringfence it. I'm not an angel.

Just a rugby club from Devon.
We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Posted by: Zyder head (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 21:56

There are people at Sarries,and no longer there, that need to take responsibility and blame for this but there are completely innocent people there too that will take a hit and a big hit at that.
This thread may be tongue in cheek but I do feel a lot of sympathy for the people at that club that have been misled and cheated of all their memories.
The thing that leaves the sour taste is all the@#$%&about the "core values" that everyone had to endure.
The lack of the last one has been unbelievable and a real kick in the teeth for the genuine followers of Sarries.

I personally will always be against ringfencing by the way....

Posted by: SimonG19 (IP Logged)
Date: 17 January, 2020 22:18

I too am completely against ring-fencing.

I have sympathy for those off-field staff who will lose their jobs if the Cheats are relegated but I also have sympathy for those who have lost jobs in previous years when their clubs were also relegated. Of course we hear so much from the Cheats about how they like to look after their people after they leave the club so presumably they will look after those who lose jobs through their cheating. Or they would if their core values hadn't been exposed as Cheat, Deny, Cheat Again and Deny Again. Have they painted this on their empty stands yet?

Date: 18 January, 2020 09:16

Read the first comment on the "Done up like kippers" thread on the saracens forum. Others agree with his/her bile and spite.

Ring fence it.

We know who we be.

The lowest depth to which people can sink before Truth is defined by the word 'God'.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Date: 18 January, 2020 14:21

Quote:
Shouting Prarie Dog
Read the first comment on the "Done up like kippers" thread on the saracens forum. Others agree with his/her bile and spite.
Ring fence it.

Shouting Prairie Dog - I’ve just read that thread on the Saracens board. Wow. I understand the reaction of ‘ringfence them’, but I don’t think we could justify sealing off the Prem to other clubs because of this. What we should have recourse to is relegating the cheats and imposing a minimum term on that relegation. The length of time they have been proven to have been cheating would suit me, no promotion for at least three years.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 18 January, 2020 15:17

Quote:
Stopsy
Sorry CullyChief, Pavlovian response from me

I quite like a pavlova...……………………

and no to ring fencing under any circumstances, money men cannot be allowed to ruin the game as a sporting spectacle for the fans just to protect their own grubby aims.

Date: 18 January, 2020 15:46

Yes CC you're right. It would be unfair on other clubs to be penalised for the sins of the cheats. A lengthy "no-prem" ban for them would suit me fine to.

It may seem hard to believe but I've always been against ring fencing and still am. I just want to see the "three pillars" rammed down their throats.

We know who we be.

Pawel Vygot. 2018

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net