Pete Lydon
Posted by: Ginger Blueboy (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2020 11:25

[bedfordrugby.co.uk]

This is a very good signing and meets one of the two areas I've been saying we needed recruitment in since c. mid-November.

He's not only a great ball player but also one of the best place kickers I've seen in recent years. Indeed, if he's in any starting line-up, I'd personally marginally favour him over Hooley for that, especially longer-range kicks.

I've meted out a lot of (justified) critique of poor recruitment in terms of squad numbers before for this season, so only fair to also say well done to all involved in bringing about this. Only hope we can potentially persuade him to sign on at the end of the season.

Re: Pete Lydon
Posted by: Luton_Blue (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2020 13:05

see there was an announcement, will bow to your superior knowledge. Seems like or I feel like we should expect some other signings?

Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2020 16:30

Saracens are having a ‘spring clean'.......

[www.therugbypaper.co.uk]

......maybe?

Posted by: Jonathan Wilcox (IP Logged)
Date: 08 January, 2020 20:39

A couple of direct ball carrying centres would be nice...

Date: 08 January, 2020 22:17

Maybe we will see Pete at 12

Posted by: Garlic sausage (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2020 04:26

It's a step forward, a positive in a very negative season.

Date: 09 January, 2020 10:05

I agree Garlic, especially with all the injuries we’ve had. Anyway a bit of competition for places is always a good position to be in. Hopefully we can get a few more on the books and with the premiership A league coming to an end (if it hasn’t already) there could be opportunity. I’m sure this is already being explored.
Onwards and upwards

Date: 09 January, 2020 12:08

Alex Day back on loan from Saracens - good move too, was one of the outstanding championship number 9's

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/01/2020 13:42 by Luton_Blue.

Date: 09 January, 2020 14:22

Positive news LB

Posted by: Gamgyblue (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2020 16:59

Two good signings. Hopefully will give our season a shot in the arm

Posted by: compo simonite (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2020 17:56

Looks a much improved line-up.....forecast is that it might be a bit breezy.....a few postings of support from Blues supporters would not go amiss ......

Posted by: iron blue (IP Logged)
Date: 09 January, 2020 19:46

Great news about Alex Day I was really impressed with him, do we know if he is here for the rest of the season?

Date: 09 January, 2020 19:52

Some really positive comments from Ealing fans regarding Pete Lydon, looks like we have signed a good one.

Date: 10 January, 2020 11:37

They said they'd only sign quality players at this point and not be rushed. Obviously at this point in the season they are far and few. Yes, good signing! Let's go!!!!!!

Posted by: bluegrass (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 13:20

Two very good signings.our season restarts tonight

Date: 10 January, 2020 13:37

I'd like to see both stay, lets win and make them welcome!

Posted by: bluegrass (IP Logged)
Date: 10 January, 2020 21:33

Seems to have worked, won 17 _ 24 well done guys

Date: 31 January, 2020 21:01

Back to Ealing....

Date: 02 February, 2020 19:29

He is third choice at Ealing and has only gone back because Bell and Johnston are both injured. As soon as they are back hopefully he'll be back with us. However given Lanes performance yesterday and Hirskyj-Douglas and Leeming's centre partnership I don't think we missed him.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net