Falcons logo
Posted by: rubyrhone (IP Logged)
Date: 28 March, 2020 16:08

Just watching the Tetley Bitter final. 2000/2001. When did we start wearing the present Falcons logo?

Re: Falcons logo
Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 09:01

I think it was at the start of the Thumper era. Can't remember the exact date.

Date: 29 March, 2020 09:51

Thanks Dick. I know we had the logo on shirts when I first started coming to matches in 2003 so thats narrowed it down a bit.

Posted by: limpopo (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 12:32

Best logo of any team and I'm not saying that as a Falcons supporter, its beautiful simplistic art at it's best!

Posted by: Cantabrian (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 12:37

Love to see us get a new logo when we return to the Premiership. Always felt our current logo is a bit "wishywashy" for a rugby club and I'd like to see a fierce bird of prey on our boys shirts as they run out.
Just my opinion of course.

Date: 29 March, 2020 13:20

I don't think the logo is wishy washy. I think, like limpopo, its a masterpiece of design.Very spare and simple and you know exactly what it is. Easy to reproduce for the kids (and older kids) faces.

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 13:37

Me again. The logo is a classic piece of simple design. Anybody can copy it. Early doors, I had a logo designed for the Supporters' Club. It was also a falcon, but more realistic than symbolic . And I also found a name for the newsletter, On The Wing. Was very proud of that. Still am....

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 17:15

Not long after that 2001 cup win, I also like the current logo, simple yet gives us a good identity.

Just watched Dave Walder's try on YouTube - even 19 years on, still felt excited. A day that will go down in history for the best decision ever made by a touch judge :-)

Posted by: aidanb (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 21:44

Quote:
Leipziger
Not long after that 2001 cup win, I also like the current logo, simple yet gives us a good identity.
Just watched Dave Walder's try on YouTube - even 19 years on, still felt excited. A day that will go down in history for the best decision ever made by a touch judge :-)

how did he make that decision

Posted by: Robs (IP Logged)
Date: 29 March, 2020 22:35

Quote:
aidanb
Quote:
Leipziger

how did he make that decision

Last person to touch the ball before it went into touch was a Quins player.As he went over the touch line Ian Peel "passed" it and it hit the Quins man and bounced into touch
It happened right in front of me!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net