What's you biggest sporting regret?
Posted by: Robs (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 15:12

Has to be missing the final game of the 97-98 season when we beat Harlequins away to win the Prem. I wouldn't care, I was offered a ticket for the Cup Final the day before ( which we lost).
What an idiot. it would have been a brilliant weekend!

Re: What's you biggest sporting regret?
Posted by: FalcDancer (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 17:58

Not rugby related but for my 15th Birthday I turned down a Newcastle Utd ticket to go to the cinema with my friends to watch South Park the movie
It was Bobby Robsonís first home game and Newcastle won 8-0, Shearer scored 5.
South Park the movie was rubbish in hindsight

Posted by: dick g (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 18:05

Again, not rugby. For some, not even sport. My regret is that the 1984 Cumbrian Everest Expedition of which I was a very minor member failed to summit.

Posted by: Leipziger (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 18:36

Last year's Champions Cup final at SJP - couldn't get day off work :-/

Other than that, in 2003 the football Champions League final was at Old Trafford and I was studying in Manchester. Myself and the girl I was seeing at the time went to the ground to sample the atmosphere, then went home and watched it on TV. I kind-of wish I'd bought tickets from a tout and gone in, but then £80 each was a lot for what turned out to be a rubbish game, finished 0-0 and went to penalties.

Posted by: 17Roundabouts (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 19:29

Not buying a ticket for the WC in 2015 at St James when I stalled at the idea of buying a ticket for £50.only to see next day the cheapest was £75.. Made do with a warm up at what is West Hams stadium watching a warm up between Somoa and Barbarians...not the same (Sm55)

Posted by: Exiled Falcon (IP Logged)
Date: 31 March, 2020 20:37

Mineís only tenuously linked to sport, my pal and his girlfriend asked me to go with them to see Bob Dylan at St Jamesí Park, think it was about 1986/87, maybe earlier. Anyway, I declined because I didnít want to play gooseberry. What an idiot.....like......Bob Dylan at St Jamesí and I didnít go to see one of my musical heroes because of that ridiculous excuse. Oh well, live and learn.

Posted by: Monkey1 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 10:16

I gave up playing hockey when I discovered pubs. Apart from a few years playing squash I haven't played any sort of sport since. Stupid thing to do.

Posted by: JustAnotherOnlooker (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 11:12

The decade I spent not at KP or watching much Rugby in general.

Posted by: Rafpilot2000 (IP Logged)
Date: 01 April, 2020 11:47

Tried catching a ball that had been kicked into the crowd at twickenham and emptied my Pint of Guinness Over Mrs Pilot.Not my finest hour and saw it going slightly differently in my heard. Made worse by the cheer it got in the stand;-(

Posted by: saruman (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2020 12:13

Wasting 3 years playing university rugby. Should have looked a proper club sooner.

Posted by: RiponFalcon (IP Logged)
Date: 04 April, 2020 18:35

Not a massive regret but something which ties into a couple of other threads on here

As part of the ticket purchase for the Quinnís final there was an offer of free tickets for the England game v Romania at Twickenham later in the year. I gave the tickets away and went to the NUFC game away to Fulham instead. I think England scored over 100 points whilst i watched a terrible NUFC performance in defeat at Fulham

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net