There is some stunning rugby to watch on Saturday!
Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 20:02

1300 - Racing 92 v Saracens

1530 - Exeter Chiefs v Stade Toulousain

Not all is dark (tho it ruddy well feels like it sometimes)...! For those without BT Sport, a selection of streams will be available to the ones who care to look for them.

Re: There is some stunning rugby to watch on Saturday!
Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 22 September, 2020 23:51

God I hope Racing win.

Posted by: franciscorrigan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 00:02

No. Much more fun to see the Salarymen thrashed by Exeter in a one-sided Final(Sm63)

Posted by: tpr's headmistress (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 11:49

Alec W - one of them is on Ch 4 but as you don't like the team involved you may wish to give it a miss.

Posted by: AlecW (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 14:16

Ah - welcome to the Craic, tpr's resident tutelary genius and overseer!

I think Racing 92 at the La Defence Arena, even 1/3rd full, may be too much for Saracens (have you SEEN the stadium? It is stunning), but if Saracens win, it will be one of the great club performances (in the circs) in European rugby - possibly even surpassing last weekend's effort.

Why the f*** would I want to give it a miss? "The team involved" (actually there are two, or hadn't you noticed?) is not one I dislike - I have immense respect for the players and coaches: they are truly a superb team, both on and off the pitch. I have a very great dislike for the methods employed by Mr Wray to circumnavigate the salary cap, a view that is shared, I believe by the vast majority of GP supporters away from the NW4 1RL postcode. But then you've probably heard enough of that over the last year for you and your fez to have a chip each.

BTW - you are aware of course that both Brendan Venter (as player, then player-coach) and Mark McCall (as player) both came to Premiership rugby at London Irish in the late 90s? They may even have played together for LI in the centres in 1998, though the memory is a little hazy...

So no, I have no great dislike of Saracens in general.

(Sm128)

Posted by: cjm. (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 14:33

Quote:
franciscorrigan
No. Much more fun to see the Salarymen thrashed by Exeter in a one-sided Final(Sm63)

I am not willing to risk that and want them dealt with at the earliest opportunity. (Sm148)(Sm103)

Posted by: Shawshank (IP Logged)
Date: 23 September, 2020 17:14

Like Alec, you can’t but have huge respect and admiration for the rugby that Sarries put together thier successful performances, year in, year out.

Of course it’s easier to do when you’ve been cheating, but we know of another club lying due west of us, who have clearly been on a par with Sarries spending over the years but have got zilch silverware to show for themselves.

But yes, if was a Sarries v Exeter final then I would be cheering on the Chiefs, as they come across as the club that all others should aspire to emulate.

I suspect it will be a Racing v Ex final though.

Posted by: Peter_B (IP Logged)
Date: 24 September, 2020 10:10

Friday night could be very exciting too. Bristol v Bordeaux.

Peter

C'mon you Bristol Boys!

Posted by: cob (IP Logged)
Date: 25 September, 2020 10:16

in my view always something lacking in a euro final if two teams from the same country involved.

my preference is Racing v Exeter in the final. A new winner will keep the tournament fresh as well.

Bainim fiáin Rover-cén fáth a stopadh anois?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net