Current Page: 3 of 5
Re: Match Thread Quins v Sale
Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:03

Great win, great attitude. Can't complain - Sale scored plenty but we were weakened at the start and then ravaged by injury during the game. Some quality tries and real heart. Well done lads.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: MrOther (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:05

Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
All players were awesome tonight. Well done Quins. Stopped Sale from playing from the start[u][/u].

Yes, that was very satisfying/reassuring. From the first play from the kickoff, that chip over the advancing defensive line, it was smart from the off.

Posted by: PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:08

Visser had a brilliant game. JK needs to play him every game or I'll turn on JK.

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:11

Smith is a visionary - not sure Ive ever seen a player at 18 as good as he is

Posted by: PeterboroughQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:15

I think JK is using his players wisely. Who said they spoke to Visser and said he wasnt happy? I think that was BS. Game to game management. Its a marathon not a sprint

Posted by: TheSouthfields2 (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:29

Odd yellow for Sweil, holding on too long and then getting strangled!

Posted by: Dave L (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:39

Most satisfactory result. Some superb back play, Smith looking the part and the rest of the back line really seemed to be gelling. Care throwing the intercept was the only real mindless stuff, we just seemed much more sensible this week.

Shame about the injuries, a beyond ridiculous number of players out.

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:49

Quote:
TheSouthfields2
Odd yellow for Sweil, holding on too long and then getting strangled!

We could add that to the list of punished offences: flicking water, pushing, being strangled...

Date: 06 October, 2017 21:54

Quote:
PeterboroughQuin
I think JK is using his players wisely. Who said they spoke to Visser and said he wasnt happy? I think that was BS. Game to game management. Its a marathon not a sprint

Visser could well have not been happy. Walker owned the shirt and then went out with concussion so Cisser got picked: if this made Visser play better then maybe JK knows what hes doing.

Posted by: SiBolton (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 21:55

Just got home from a great afternoon evening at the Stoop, good atmosphere, some stand out performances and a 5 pointer

But I'm sure there will be a problem with ques for the bar, if the toilets, or shirt sizing or something

Posted by: Uncle Arthur (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:10

Or slagging off the staff

Date: 06 October, 2017 22:45

Quote:
Uncle Arthur
Or slagging off the staff

Nope the regular stewards were back - so thats was fine.

Bars were still run be clueless morons depite the good result

Posted by: Snowman (IP Logged)
Date: 06 October, 2017 22:56

Some completely unnecessary rudeness towards stewards at Rosebine 1 from Quins supporters on the way out

Posted by: Adi Nako (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 06:12

That's 10 tries in his last 10 games for Visser.

Posted by: Dibden (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 06:39

Given the injury situation that was a very good win as we went on to the field with an excellent attitude against a Sale dude high on confidence.Pressure now off for a bit.It was a must win game and we won!Well done to all including JK !

Posted by: Battering Ram Winger (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 06:55

Quote:
blucherquin
Smith is a visionary - not sure I�ve ever seen a player at 18 as good as he is

In the best way possible, he reminds me of Cipriani pretty horror injury. The confidence of youth and the ability to back it up.

But there will be some chastening days ahead for him (which he needs for his development) and he needs careful management to keep him grounded.

Posted by: Quinky Kin (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 07:20

Quote:
Battering Ram Winger
Quote:
blucherquin
Smith is a visionary - not sure I�ve ever seen a player at 18 as good as he is

In the best way possible, he reminds me of Cipriani pretty horror injury. The confidence of youth and the ability to back it up.

But there will be some chastening days ahead for him (which he needs for his development) and he needs careful management to keep him grounded.

For such a small player he also doesn't fear getting stuck in, which is nice to see!

Posted by: QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 07:13

What was the yellow card for?

Date: 07 October, 2017 07:24

Quote:
QuickerQuin
What was the yellow card for?

Swiel?

Handbags with McGuigam

Posted by: The Dead Baron (IP Logged)
Date: 07 October, 2017 07:26

Great game last night but there's a little bit of me that feels Sale flattered us a bit. That's not to take anything away from the team, there were passages of absolute brilliance. BUT we STILL suffer from multiple brain-farts that give the oppo possession, luzz the ball about like the Harlem Globetrotters with limited success and our tackling is still patchy in places. It feels that the squad are really gelling now, but other teams - top 4 teams - would have put that game well and truly to bed by 50 minutes, yet we always seemed to look *this* close to letting it unravel. Nice work lads, but let's build on that and improve now.

Last word on Visser - nice to see him playing his usual brand of rugby. I know it's only fair that the incumbent should keep the shirt, but Visser proved last night that he really is miles ahead of Walker.

Current Page: 3 of 5
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net