Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Mike Brown
Posted by: Jammy Git (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2018 16:53

Oh good, player ratings.

No, I don't think anyone who's been critical of Mike Brown's errors should feel stupid. I thought that was his best game for England for some time, but he did drop way too much ball.

O Fortuna, velut luna statu variabilis,
semper crescis aut decrescis

Posted by: DOK. (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2018 08:42

Two games, two tries.

Date: 20 June, 2018 10:56

And one of them he even had to work for.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2018 16:44

Two games , Two Tries.

Results based business innit.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Date: 20 June, 2018 17:15

If he didn't have to work for the other try, he was doing something right already! smiling smiley

Date: 23 June, 2018 11:09

Quote:
Scaramouche
Two games , Two Tries.

True.

Two games, several tries conceded down his wing and getting gassed on the outside by multiple players, including Willie Le Roux for a try, and dropped a lot of ball. Oh, and we lost both games.

Brown was very good in attack - 80% of the old Brown. He was surprisingly poor under the high ball, although I'm not sure that should be a surprise these days. He was, unfortunately, exposed in defence, particularly in the first Test. But that's because he's not a winger.

Given his limitations I think he's had an excellent tour but it doesn't serve anyone to just ignore the negatives.

Posted by: Dave Berko (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2018 18:53

Sarries fan in peace!!

I've been known to say that I feel A Goode is better at FB. However I genuinely feel that Mike Brown has been excellent on this tour. Played out of position etc etc but has given his all (as he always does - would like to meet the Numpty last week who suggested otherwise!!!)

Top bloke. A lot of us, not least me, could learn from his application. I hope he reads this and accepts my apology for ever doubting him.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2018 19:05

Thought the quins boys did well. Marler held up the scrum, Sinckler carried well and took the game to the Boks in the first half and Brown was steady... Which is what you have cone to expect from a fb.
Robshaw's comeback was very nearly MOTM

Posted by: The Bard (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2018 19:20

Agreed, all the Quins boys stood out. Robshaw really benefited from his kick up the backside and week off.

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2018 20:04

I don't think Robshaw needed a kick up the backside, he needed a rest. Players like Robshaw, Mako, Itoje do not become bad players overnight. off form and in need of a rest. I still think EJ messed up taking them all on tour. I could have handled a 3-0 defeat if we had used a few squad/fringe players.

Before the tour started, I would have been happy to see

Marler
George
Williams
Launchbury (c)
Attwood
Ewers
Armand
Simmonds
Robson
Cipriani
May
Lozowski
Daly
Solomona
Woodward

Genge
LCD
Sink
Isiekwe
Shields
Spencer/Care
Tuilagi (Think he is fit)
Earle

I would also have taken

Curry
Wilson
Singleton
Hill
Slade
Woodburn

I think that side would have given a good account of themselves. A few fringe players/youngsters get a chance to show what they can do. First teamers get a decent break.

Posted by: ssdudley (IP Logged)
Date: 23 June, 2018 23:47

[quote Dave Berko]Sarries fan in peace!!

I've been known to say that I feel A Goode is better at FB. However I genuinely feel that Mike Brown has been excellent on this tour. Played out of position etc etc but has given his all (as he always does - would like to meet the Numpty last week who suggested otherwise!!!)

Top bloke. A lot of us, not least me, could learn from his application. I hope he reads this and accepts my apology for ever doubting him.[/quote

Thank you, and well said. 😃 ]

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2018 10:04

Quote:
Jammy Git
Quote:
Scaramouche
Two games , Two Tries.

True.

Two games, several tries conceded down his wing and getting gassed on the outside by multiple players, including Willie Le Roux for a try, and dropped a lot of ball. Oh, and we lost both games.

Brown was very good in attack - 80% of the old Brown. He was surprisingly poor under the high ball, although I'm not sure that should be a surprise these days. He was, unfortunately, exposed in defence, particularly in the first Test. But that's because he's not a winger.

Given his limitations I think he's had an excellent tour but it doesn't serve anyone to just ignore the negatives.

You know me J Git, accentuate the positive. He was helping EJ out too.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Posted by: Harleys Evil Step Mum (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2018 12:36

TBF think he has played superbly, his lack of pace has been a problem once or twice but defensively he has been pretty good!......Think Daly is our 15 from now on, May nailed on for one wing, so who will be on the other wing in Nov??

Posted by: Banstead Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 24 June, 2018 14:09

Thats a really good squad HonkyTonk and would have given a good account of itself.

I think that Jones is in that place where if he did and they excelled, hed have to rethink his plans and that could throw everything out of synch.

SCW said the same about the AIs in 2002 where he could have rested players but the World Cup strategy was formed around the same 22 players being available and if those coming in were playing better, too many things would have come into question. You can have two or three but you dont want to lose your cohesion.

Date: 27 June, 2018 13:18

Please don't post any more on this subject on this message board. Please move across to the new ComeAllWithin Forum and share your views and opinions there.

Many thanks, DOK

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net