Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: U20 World Cup
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 10:58

Iíll take that as an apology. Finalís on Sunday, should be a cracker.

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 16:43

What'd he say?

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 16:59

Well, this referee isn't very consistent.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 17:02

Nope. . And he bottled the dangerous tackle in the air.
A homer decision if ever there was one..Imo.

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 17:20

Not sure why the commentary is praising strong refereeing for bottling the yellow card decision for a tackle in the air

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 17:12

It would have been better if Kpoku had hit the French player rather than Ibitoye to prevent the French try.

Date: 17 June, 2018 17:16

Quote:
John Tee
Nope. . And he bottled the dangerous tackle in the air.
A homer decision if ever there was one..Imo.

Well the quest to understand referring decisions is something of an odyssey

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 17/06/2018 17:17 by blucherquin.

Date: 17 June, 2018 17:30

Crowd is a bit unpleasant..... Hopefully that will be music to a few of our players ears...
Enough possession but the French are making theirs count.

Date: 17 June, 2018 17:49

England having loads of possession but like their senior counterparts, discipline is a problem. Smith has missed two kicks too, one very difficult but the other more straight forward. Ugo needs to get rid of his beard

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:08

Ibitoye is not having a great game. Our 9 is too slow at getting vthe ball away

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:03

I think we have the better game all round but that pack is the difference.
Their backs haven't done much...Although the defence is good enough to keep us quiet.

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:37

France with a comfortable win. Loads of possession but bullied up front and poor discipline

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:19

Gave away far too many penalties.

Smith missed touch and missed penalties and wasnít much use - taken off after 65 mins.

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:42

Thought Smith was pretty decent, but the missed penalty to touch was poor

This replacement 9 is much better

Ibitoye more involved second half and poor first

Oh well, good effort to get to final and some scoreboard respectability at the end

Posted by: thomh (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 18:31

Smith played well with the ball in hand but his kicking wasnít great in decision making or execution terms. We tried to run it in from everywhere on the pitch rather than pinning France back at all.

Ben Curry and the No. 4 are excellent.

Date: 17 June, 2018 18:32

Great game. We come out with a lot of credit.
Another 10 mins and their pack was shot.

I thought we deserved more....even though they ran over our scrum I thought we had the finish.

Not knocked out by the ref...

Date: 17 June, 2018 19:19

Disagree on smith - poor decisions and poor kicking - like he was end of season for us.

He needs to learn game management under pressure - which he will and Nev will ready him.

Posted by: ArchQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 20:47

French much more powerful all round, especially at breakdown

Posted by: DOK. (IP Logged)
Date: 17 June, 2018 20:56

Penalty count somewhat distorted by the scrum penalties, at one point we'd had four scrums, three of which resulted in penalties to France.And as usual, the ref and I disagreed over what constitutes a penalty. But even so, a number of stupid, avoidable penalties.

Think I saw at one point that we'd made 35 tackles to France's 125, but we missed 10 to their 12!

Date: 17 June, 2018 21:58

Their pack won it. I didn't think they had much else to really worry us considering we we got monstered in the scrum and played off the back foot most of the time.

I thought we had superb energy and negated their Stand out players....apart from the scrum, for the large part.
If we could have dealt with the penalties and kept closer, it might have been different.
I thought we gave our all and had class all round but we come back to the pack again.
If we could nullify their scrum...on that showing we'd beat them 2 times out of 3.

We made mistakes, dropped the ball, gave pens, and got monstered and we still got very close.

We were much the stronger come the final whistle and I think by that time there pack was dying to hear the whistle.
So, I think we can take huge credit from the game.
I thought Curry was immense...and looks a better player than his brother going forward.

Current Page: 4 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net