Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 10:16

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Odd question.

Is it? Whoever is behind it is clearly a nimby moron.

Not sure age or gender is a bar to being a @#$%&.

I wouldn't say she's clearly a moron, she just has a different point of view. But I don't know why mentioning her gender or age needs to be questioned.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 10:22

Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Odd question.

Is it? Whoever is behind it is clearly a nimby moron.

Not sure age or gender is a bar to being a @#$%&.

I wouldn't say she's clearly a moron, she just has a different point of view. But I don't know why mentioning her gender or age needs to be questioned.

I think they were wondering what difference it makes to the campaign?

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 10:24

I don't think it makes any difference and I don't think it was being suggested that it did.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 10:41

Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
I don't think it makes any difference and I don't think it was being suggested that it did.

So why mention it?

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Quinten Poulsen (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 10:56

Well why not? What's the issue with him mentioning it?

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Freddiequin (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 11:22

I have signed and asked all of my rugby playing/alickadoo mates to do the same

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Date: 02 June, 2018 13:19

Quote:
Quinten Poulsen
Well why not? What's the issue with him mentioning it?

Quite. It's not like he said she drank from the furry cup.



BB

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2018 09:37

I'll spread the petition round a bit further.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2018 12:36

Can we get it on all the others boards?



If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: QuinAlan (IP Logged)
Date: 03 June, 2018 20:40

This is a temporary measure by Roslyn Park until they can raise enough funding to update their facilities, is this correct? If so itís pretty mean by the objectors. If itís a permanent fixture then they might have more of a point.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Camquin (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 07:43

The current planning application is for temporary sign, which funds the 3g pitch and other necessary work.

However, I suspect they may apply for an extension - it would be a great way to fund the aims of the club to offer more rugby to more people, or to press for a championship challenge.

However, if they were told to take it down tomorrow, I suspect the rugby world would find a way to raise the funds to keep them alive.

But while the objector has every right to object in principal to the signs - her ad hominem attacks on the club go to far. RP has done every thing it can to act properly on this.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: sarricen (IP Logged)
Date: 04 June, 2018 12:33

This shows everything that is wrong with the power of social media and a vocal minority.

Nothing on facebook or twitter by them has been liked or shared more than a few times, and their petitions have a pathetically small number of signatures. Yet companies who are so scared of bad social media messages and offending people withdraw ads and apologise purely on the back of a minescule amount of people complaining writing angry emails and tweets.

All the while the petition to support Rosslyn Park has almost 10,000 signatures.

Madness

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 07:27

Piece about Rosslyn Park in The Torygraph today by Daniel Schofield.

It's all about the fact that an all weather pitch is essential for Park's survival.

[tinyurl.com]

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: Bedfordshire Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 07:54

Quote:
sarricen
This shows everything that is wrong with the power of social media and a vocal minority.
Nothing on facebook or twitter by them has been liked or shared more than a few times, and their petitions have a pathetically small number of signatures. Yet companies who are so scared of bad social media messages and offending people withdraw ads and apologise purely on the back of a minescule amount of people complaining writing angry emails and tweets.

All the while the petition to support Rosslyn Park has almost 10,000 signatures.

Madness

Spot on.

Re: Rosslyn Park in trouble???
Posted by: F-F-F-FEZ (IP Logged)
Date: 14 June, 2018 21:25

Quote:
Scaramouche
Can we get it on all the others boards?

I have posted the link on Saracens Board. Looking fwd to dropping in at The Stoop next season (so much nicer than the London Stadium or Webberley!!)

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net