Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Poll: Should we leave sportnetwork?
Posted by: Brown Bottle (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 13:41

Quote:
trummy200
As an 'outsider' I would like to point out that at the moment users of SN can have a look round all the boards very easily - I do like that - especially on a miserable winters day when its not fit to be doing much else. Its unfortunate that abuse or trolls can have a negative impact - some boards seem more affected than others. Guess it only takes one bad apple!

We will still be able to do that. And it's not about abuse or trolling; it's about the shiteness of Sportnetwork.

BB

Posted by: samlee99 (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 14:04

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
trummy200
As an 'outsider' I would like to point out that at the moment users of SN can have a look round all the boards very easily - I do like that - especially on a miserable winters day when its not fit to be doing much else. Its unfortunate that abuse or trolls can have a negative impact - some boards seem more affected than others. Guess it only takes one bad apple!

We will still be able to do that. And it's not about abuse or trolling; it's about the shiteness of Sportnetwork.

Nope. It's all about the "shiteness" of the morons who are encouraged to post and protected by the administrators. That won't change whatever the board is hosted.

Posted by: BuckQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 10 June, 2018 20:55

Pretty resounding vote for SNexit. But are we leaving the Forums Union? Will there be free movement of trolls?

Date: 11 June, 2018 08:55

Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
trummy200

Nope. It's all about the "shiteness" of the morons who are encouraged to post and protected by the administrators. That won't change whatever the board is hosted.

No it isn't.

BB

Posted by: samlee99 (IP Logged)
Date: 11 June, 2018 13:48

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
trummy200

No it isn't.

Wait and see then.

Date: 11 June, 2018 13:55

Quote:
samlee99
Wait and see then.

See what? This thread is not about moving away from Sportnetwork because of abuse. Try reading it instead of trying to hijack it.

BB

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 17:17

Quote:
ChipsteadQuin
Personally DOK , Im sure you hold the 'Block Vote' on this .
Whilst there are many things that are irritating about SN , under your stewardship it serves us well .

But , if you feel that there is a better way to give us a forum ( and hopefully make life easier for you as well) , then no one is going to object to a change

I doubt there is a long queue waiting to take over from you .

Im happy with what you decide is the best way forward.

Echo these sentiments completely. I don't know anything about these sorts of sites, so no idea what decent alternatives there are, pros and cons, etc. I find this site fine on a laptop / desktop but really bad on a mobile. The ads are a real pain too, so if there is something better which won;t cost anything and is just as easy for DOK to run then happy days

Posted by: Albi-Quin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 22:09

Vote 70 . Anywhere at the moment seems better than SN. Continually logs you out. All the adverts and having to agree to this se of cookies etc virtually every time I open the page

Posted by: Mr_B (IP Logged)
Date: 18 June, 2018 13:42

Firstly have to say DOK you do a great job and yes I want to continue to have a site. SN is clunky and whilst I don't mind the odd add to pay for it, SN have so many and they take over your screen making it almost unusable at times and certainly on a mobile. So if there is a viable option to move to I would.

Posted by: DOK. (IP Logged)
Date: 20 June, 2018 09:28

Yes. I think it's the adverts that drive me insane on the board. So I use an ad-blocker, but I realise that not everyone does. There are a few other features on the new board that are nice and also we don't have that ticking time bomb that if we don't put something on the front page within a certain time then the message board will be disabled. There are adverts on the new board, but they are more discreet and easily ignored

Posted by: Boonie (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2018 14:30

Also, Adblock works very well on the new site.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to bleat about it all over the internet"

Date: 21 June, 2018 14:52

You might think so, I could not possibly comment!

Posted by: Squawker2 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2018 17:37

Again, as a non-Quin fan Ive not voted , but itd be a shame to have the separation we have with Glou - I have an account but flicking between much harder.

That said I fully get the aggro, even with Adblock

Of interest (I say not being the one whod have to reach out) would be the various boards mods nattering and considering a wider group movement

-----------------------------------------------------

Stuart Barnes is a Cock Womble

Posted by: raedarius (IP Logged)
Date: 21 June, 2018 18:04

I used to spend a fair amount of time on the other boards but have seen them become less tolerant of other teams' supporters over time (not just me...). We probably look the same from the outside. Not sure many others are that fussed about the 'rugby network' concept.

Date: 22 June, 2018 10:34

There's a menu on the new board to allow you to jump to all the premiership fans message boards. It's not really different to the SN dropdown.

Posted by: 23Shark (IP Logged)
Date: 22 June, 2018 15:34

You'd need more than one login though as you'd have to have accounts for all of them

Date: 22 June, 2018 16:20

Well, if you set up one login (for London Irish for example), you can use that to log onto the other SN sites.

And actually, although I occasionally lurk on other boards, it's been a couple of years since I posted anything on them.

Posted by: QuinAlan (IP Logged)
Date: 27 June, 2018 08:13

Just out of interest. Is there a Sportnetwork wide disatisfaction? As mentioned earlier, DOK have you been in contact with other board moderators & would other boards follow us?

Date: 27 June, 2018 12:24

I don't know. The mod on the London Irish board is pretty hacked off. Once we abandon the idea of all being together, then there's no real difference if the LI board is on the same site as us or elsewhere. You'd still need to set up your own login on the LI board to post on the LI board. Of course if you're just reading you don't need a login

Date: 01 July, 2018 22:03

Please don't post any more on this subject on this message board. Please move across to the new ComeAllWithin Forum and share your views and opinions there.

Many thanks, DOK

Current Page: 3 of 3
This Thread has been closed
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net