Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Billy Millard to become Quins General Manager
Posted by: Dibden (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 20:30

The trust and respect between the 2 men is essential for this to work effectively.Without that it will create more problems than it solves.The players now have 2 bosses-not a structure that usually works well.Dont know of any ships with 2 skippers.
Also 2 rugby men reporting 2 a non rugby man.If there is a dispute of rugby matters how is DE qualified to resolve it?
Pray Paul and Billy hit it off big time!

Posted by: blucherquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 21:15

Quote:
Dibden
The trust and respect between the 2 men is essential for this to work effectively.Without that it will create more problems than it solves.The players now have 2 bosses-not a structure that usually works well.Dont know of any ships with 2 skippers.
Also 2 rugby men reporting 2 a non rugby man.If there is a dispute of rugby matters how is DE qualified to resolve it?
Pray Paul and Billy hit it off big time!

Players donít have two bosses - just Gustard. And you may not know any ships with two skippers but there are rugby clubs with the same management structure.

And what disagreements do you think the CEO is unable to manage?

Do you think theyíre going to have a row about how much a tight head should angle in at the scrum?

Rarely does the person in a company whoís the total expert on its product make it to be the boss. Itís the person thatís best at running things regardless of what the thing is

Honestly - shall we wait until they start before claiming to know how itís going to go wrong?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 13/06/2018 07:38 by blucherquin.

Posted by: Camquin (IP Logged)
Date: 12 June, 2018 21:56

If you think Geeorgia u20 has players worth signing, I would point out that in their warm up game in Tblisi they they lost to the England Counties U20 side.

So there are better players available closer to home, none of whom have a professional contract. Most of whom would love a full time contract.

Posted by: QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 07:30

Symptomatic of Quins doubling staff numbers. Get two people in to do the job that one person did previously.

Date: 13 June, 2018 07:37

Quote:
QuickerQuin
Symptomatic of Quins doubling staff numbers. Get two people in to do the job that one person did previously.

Thatís just equine excrement based on nothing.

Posted by: Fearless Fred (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 07:48

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

(Sm152) Again, I find myself agreeing with Blucher. What's happening to me?!?

Posted by: le tiss (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 08:25

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

To be fair, it is based on something. Its just basic maths right?

I am however confident that this particular split will actually see things improve (which actually is based on nothing).

Lets just enjoy the ride.

Posted by: quin_jon (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 08:34

Quote:
QuickerQuin

Might work with the bar staff though

Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 08:45

Quote:
Camquin
If you think Geeorgia u20 has players worth signing, I would point out that in their warm up game in Tblisi they they lost to the England Counties U20 side.
So there are better players available closer to home, none of whom have a professional contract. Most of whom would love a full time contract.

No problem with that. Players out there, just need to look. I was just saying that there are some good players at the U20 WC who would probably be available.

Date: 13 June, 2018 09:14

Quote:
Fearless Fred
Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

(Sm152) Again, I find myself agreeing with Blucher. What's happening to me?!?

Itíll pass, ask my wife

Posted by: T-Bone (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 10:22

Quote:
quin_jon
Quote:
QuickerQuin

Might work with the bar staff though

I don't think it would. You'd just have twice as many people wandering around gormlessly, being unable to remember a basic order, unable to see who might be next, unable to carry more than one drink at a time and unable to do basic mental arithmetic. Or, if it did improve things, you'd just get your dreadfully kept drink a little bit quicker!

Posted by: DOK. (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:09

I just think the job DOR as we were running it may have been too big for one man, and JK relied on Head Coach to run the coaches too much. When the club realised they were going to go for a track suit type DOR, they probably realised the work of managing all the non coaching stuff and coaching stuff was too big, and so split the role.

The only kind of arguments I can see would be in recruitment of players, where DOR says "I hear X is available and i want him" and GM says "No, too expensive, terms unreasonable" and if they get stuck there, then yes David Ellis could sort them out (and there's nothing stopping him taking his problem to Sean Fitzpatrick and others - but ultimately his decision).

Posted by: Scaramouche (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:25

Start winning things and players will be queuing up to join us.

If at first you don't succeed, Try, Try and Try again.

Posted by: samlee99 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:39

Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
samlee99
I suspect they will carry on posting their hate here.

You really ought to try reading threads before posting.

You really ought to try engaging your brain before posting.

Posted by: BuckQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 11:47

Millard + Gustard. Hopefully means the new Quins style will be well 'ard.

Date: 13 June, 2018 12:33

Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
samlee99

You didnít read the post and totally misunderstood what was being discussed

Posted by: RodneyRegis (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 12:53

Quote:
samlee99
Quote:
Brown Bottle
Quote:
samlee99

Who invited this guy?

Posted by: DOK. (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 13:37

just spotted the unfortunate fact that Gustard is not a DOR but a HOR! (Head of rugby).

Date: 13 June, 2018 14:08

Quote:
DOK
just spotted the unfortunate fact that Gustard is not a DOR but a HOR! (Head of rugby).

Well we need the HOR to get us a top class hooker.

Posted by: QuickerQuin (IP Logged)
Date: 13 June, 2018 16:25

Quote:
blucherquin
Quote:
QuickerQuin

I expect you meant bovine not equine. Don't worry, I don't expect you to get anything right.

Staff numbers at Quins have increased around double in the past few years.

I am sorry that you are wrong. But you are wrong.

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net