Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Teams Up
Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 14:54

Quote:
Thrupp artist
Don't you reckon it's designed for competing at the end of the game stuff against Exeter's well fed chaps - Api and Lewis to give everything for the first 50 minutes or so then Courts to second row and Tom and Jamie to fight out the finish (injuries permitting) with Dave Ribbans joining the fray at some stage (and props rotating as usual).

Exactly that

Posted by: Norton Canes (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 14:55

Quote:
Thrupp artist
Don't you reckon it's designed for competing at the end of the game stuff against Exeter's well fed chaps - Api and Lewis to give everything for the first 50 minutes or so then Courts to second row and Tom and Jamie to fight out the finish (injuries permitting) with Dave Ribbans joining the fray at some stage (and props rotating as usual).
Chris Boys now knows that Courts doesn't help the scrum when he is in the second row. Expect to see far more of him at 6. Or 8 !

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 15:13

Quote:
ajack
We do seem to be trying to match them at what we know they are better at than us and giving away our advantage. Obviously it all comes down to the day and who wins but that doesn't seem a very positive selection to me.

Don't know which advantage we are giving away. Provided the backs get good quick ball from our own scrums they can be as effective as ever. I imagine we are merely trying to compete better against Exeter scrums

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 15:17

Quote:
Norton Canes
Quote:
Thrupp artist
Chris Boys now knows that Courts doesn't help the scrum when he is in the second row. Expect to see far more of him at 6. Or 8 !

not true

He just wants a big pack and Courts is world level at 6

Date: 24 May, 2019 15:18

Quote:
ajack
We do seem to be trying to match them at what we know they are better at than us and giving away our advantage. Obviously it all comes down to the day and who wins but that doesn't seem a very positive selection to me.

That pack can move around mate

Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 15:35

Looking at it man for man.
FVW has been better than Waller this season. Thats in the loose or at scrum time

Fish is last man standing but even then, he has good hands and works hard to be in the right places

Painter is a little less mobile than Hill but I would say his handling is better and in the scrum, no contest

Moon is fast becoming our best lock, Massive unit and such potential, Would start him anytime

Ratuniyarawa is a huge lump but he moves pretty quick when he has the ball. tough to stop. Not as technical as Lawes or Ribbans but he is just what we need this week.

Lawes is world class anywhere, He does a lot of what Gibson does well just a bit slower on the charge.

Ludlam is our only fit 7

Harrison is our best 8 and needs no defending.

Posted by: grampian (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 16:01

Looks like the boss is taking this seriously - which I feared might not be the case. We can only be encouraged by this selection. Hope Gibbo does get a chance to come on though. Loved those breaks of his last week. All the best to the team.

Posted by: Spaniard (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 16:22

It would be unfair for Ludlam to say that he plays because he is our only 7. I think he's playing really well. Also, we've got Tom Wood.

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 17:26

Quote:
Duckonstilts
Quote:
protestbeat
And that's not including Gibbo who thinks he's a back anyway.

He has certainly turned up on the wing more this season than ever before. I dont mind too much though as he does graft when needed and its been very effective.

Has he grafted ?
Or is part of our problem that he has been missing in action ( stuck out on the wing ) when some heavy graft was needed to support the other 7 forwards
Think I might be on my own with this view

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 17:53

Itís tactics. It wonít be Gibson being selfish looking for a wingers try...
Hurricanes used Brad shields exactly the same when Boyd was in charge.

Posted by: Saintly Pursuit (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 18:34

When a winger goes looking for work it's quite common that a forward will then cover the wing. Dowson used to take that role. I think that Gibson is noticed more because he has actually been quite effective there and made quite a few metres.

Posted by: SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 18:37

It is just an opinion of course but I do not think we lose anything playing this team. We did it against Clermont and pushed close, if anything we are better now than then.

Posted by: SaintGuy (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 18:48

Quote:
St.Sinner
Itís tactics. It wonít be Gibson being selfish looking for a wingers try...
Hurricanes used Brad shields exactly the same when Boyd was in charge.

And Dane Coles always on the wing for 'Canes, think they call it Seagulling. Believe Cody Taylor does it for Crusaders and NZ sometimes.

Date: 24 May, 2019 21:25

I think we might win tomorrow

Posted by: St Saltaire (IP Logged)
Date: 24 May, 2019 21:51

No problem with that side. Itís probably the strongest that we could put out.COYS!

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net