Boring boring Sarries
Posted by: SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:41

The old Gloucester fans getting on the BT commentators nerves singing boring boring Series. I have to say I was cracking up, very funny.

Re: Boring boring Sarries
Date: 25 May, 2019 15:42

Also Mcall saying they will have to be better next week when they play the Chiefs!

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 16:30

Sarries very good, Glos rabbits in headlights never at the races after the first try. Glos fans were actually quite annoying during the interviews, have a bit of class

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 17:23

And what’s new there?????

Date: 25 May, 2019 17:27

Seems to be their style along with the ole Eeyore thing.

Posted by: chappers_saint (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 19:43

One thing Sarries are not is boring. A boring side wont beat Leinster convincingly.

I feel all dirty now

Date: 25 May, 2019 19:46

I suppose it is a subjective thing, I am bored by them personally. It is predictable, there are no risks = dull.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 25/05/2019 20:31 by SaintsAsh.

Posted by: Don't kick it RUN IT (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 19:54

Not sure I could watch Exeter do push over tries from 5 yards all season long.

Fair play though that’s there thing.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 20:25

When we won the Prem our season was full of 5m line out, maul tries. We loved it back then.

Date: 25 May, 2019 20:33

Quote:
smitferbrainz
When we won the Prem our season was full of 5m line out, maul tries. We loved it back then.

I preferred the open field tries, and I would prefer to win it with open filed attacking style. It is possible as NZ do it. Just not sure it is possible in the prem.

Date: 25 May, 2019 20:33

Quote:
smitferbrainz

I preferred the open field tries, and I would prefer to win it with open filed attacking style. It is possible as NZ do it. Just not sure it is possible in the prem.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 25 May, 2019 22:06

Quote:
SaintsAsh
Quote:
smitferbrainz

Totally agree but it’s interesting that some have been critical of Chiefs for playing this way, they’ve been doing it for a while, remember Waldrom at the back of their mauls. I too prefer the running, offloading game we’ve been playing this season. That said we did use 5m maul a lot when we were winning the Premiership. All round game is what we seek and we’re getting there, we’re just not there yet but hey we’re miles nearer than we were just a few months ago.

Posted by: sarricen (IP Logged)
Date: 28 May, 2019 12:32

Quote:
SaintsAsh
Quote:
smitferbrainz

Is the NZ style not one which we try to emulate, with lots of contestable kicks and lightning fast counter attacks? Obviously not saying we're anywhere close to as good as them but the All Blacks are normally top of the kicking stats, but the difference is their kicks are much more clever and purposeful than most.

Also not sure you can say we take no risks - our aggressive rush defense is very risky as it's quite easy to get wrong and then open up the outside a la Glaws first try. Contestable box kicks are also very risky compared to long box kicks as tapping back with a bouncing ball can easily lead to an opposition break if the ball bounces the wrong way and our players aren't in the right positions.

Anyways, congrats on a great season. I can't wait to see yours, quins and Glaws evolution next year as all on the up playing exciting rugby.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net