TRP Gossip
Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:34

Headline in contract gossip has us very interested in Dombrandt and also mentions Kpoku.

Never know how much smoke and mirrors these are rather than genuine availability/ interest

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 20/10/2019 15:00 by Walks11.

Re: TRP Gossip
Posted by: HonkyTonk (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:47

I would be amazed if Dombrandt left us (quins). Quins fan also

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 11:52

Kpoku's name cropped up a couple of weeks ago but has gone quiet. No doubt he's angling for a better deal where he is.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 12:25

Quote:
HonkyTonk
I would be amazed if Dombrandt left us (quins). Quins fan also

Depends on whether he wants to play for a big club or not

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 16:48

Quote:
tedge
Kpoku's name cropped up a couple of weeks ago but has gone quiet. No doubt he's angling for a better deal where he is.
Maybe Nigel Wray hasnít entered into a business arrangement with him but he is at best 5th choice there and maybe thinks he will get better opportunities elsewhere. Note Iím not saying with us but Sarries have four top line locks with none of them likely to be retiring soon or moving on .......... unless something comes out of the ďdiscussionsĒ over what mustnít be mentioned unless in the same sentence as brush and carpet ............

Date: 20 October, 2019 17:30

If Kpoku stays at Saracens he will have to get ahead of Isiekwe, Kruis, Skelton or Itoje at lock. Itoje, Isiekwe, Wray, Clark, Earl, Billy V, Rhodes in the back row

Much more likely to get game time with Saints

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 18:15

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
If Kpoku stays at Saracens he will have to get ahead of Isiekwe, Kruis, Skelton or Itoje at lock. Itoje, Isiekwe, Wray, Clark, Earl, Billy V, Rhodes in the back row
Much more likely to get game time with Saints
At least a chance WP.

Date: 20 October, 2019 18:24

Then the question from Saints perspective is whether he's good enough to get ahead of Ribbans, Lawes, Ratuniyarawa, Moon, Bean and Coles ? I don't know - just asking.

Posted by: Connorman (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 19:22

Thatís if he continues in the row, Tedge.

Date: 20 October, 2019 19:46

Quote:
tedge
Then the question from Saints perspective is whether he's good enough to get ahead of Ribbans, Lawes, Ratuniyarawa, Moon, Bean and Coles ? I don't know - just asking.

long term 6 or 8, which is why I also listed back rowers

Gibson Wood Brussouw gone end of season I suspect

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 19:57

I thought that Coles, as a lock, did a damn fine job for us a 6 yesterday. With Tonks and Ryan coming through that perhaps allows for some natural backfill of the likes of BrŁssow. Are we likely to loose Gibson at the end of the season?
Anyway, an interesting opening weekend of the premier, and good to see the expected shake-up with some of the stronger teams depleted by RWC commitments. Bristol and Worcester at the top, Bath and Leicester at the bottom, whoíd have thought eh?

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 22:07

Api and sadly Lawes are not getting any younger. Given their ages, I don't see Api getting a new contract and Lawes would be well within his rights to head to France, Japan or the US for a final payday.

Then we only have Ribbans, coles, moon and bean. If coles switches to 6, there's a space waiting to be filled.

We know Brussow won't be here next year, not sure about Wood and Gibson didn't seem nailed on for a new contract.

Lots to consider but I'm sure Boyd has a plan.

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:04

On FB there is a question regarding Aaron Wainwright? Anybody else familiar with this character?

Date: 21 October, 2019 10:14

He was given the elbow on Sunday !

Date: 21 October, 2019 10:19

Quote:
Longers
On FB there is a question regarding Aaron Wainwright? Anybody else familiar with this character?

Heís an awesome player... only started rugby late but is a real specimen. Plays for the Dragons who donít have much dosh....

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:21

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
Longers

Heís an awesome player... only started rugby late but is a real specimen. Plays for the Dragons who donít have much dosh....

He has got some wheels on him too.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 11:03

Dombrant would be a great signing... a big beefy 6 to compliment Ludlam @ 7 and Tei at 8.

But would this signing, and the sight of Coles at 6 mean that its likely that we won't see much more of Gibson or Wood?

Posted by: Toulousian Firefighter (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 11:28

It might be worth Ipokuís while coming to saints or a club who needs him more than Saracens.

For all the good points you could say regarding saracenís current academy products, would Ben Spencer have had more than 3 England caps at age 27, if he wasnít be behind bought in players for so long? Likewise, the worldís best hooker is 30 next year and has only just made the England hooker spot his own. Would he have had more caps if he wasnít behind players like Brits and John Smit? Will he still be first choice for the next World Cup? If not then only appearing at 1 World Cup isnít great.

I guess the good part of this type of management is that you could play until youíre 40.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net