Relegation contenders ?
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 20:48

Any predictions after the first weekend of results?

I have a feeling it is going to be very tight from probably 8th-12th

The mood music doesn't sound good at either Wasps, Bath or Tigers.... could one of the giants of bygone days go down?

Re: Relegation contenders ?
Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 21:02

I think Wasps are most likely looking at their team.

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 21:24

Thought Wasps unlucky today, JP got a couple of big calls wrong IMO. Card for high tackle and deliberate knock on that should have been a penalty try. They would have won if either had gone in their favour. They will be better with Gopparth at 12 too when fit. Bath under a new DoR could be vulnerable

Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 21:29

Agree that Bath look vulnerable.

Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 21:50

Wasps are the team least affected by call-ups to the World Cup, as I recall, so may be in the most danger? At least Tigers and Bath will get a slew of key players back come the tail end of the year.

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 22:05

Wasps fan says rumours Dai Young is off at the end of the season.. so there’s instability etc

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 20 October, 2019 22:17

Most seasons there has been at least one obvious contender but I can't see one at present.

Posted by: SaintMaul (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 06:34

It looks like it's gonna be another great season like last season with big teams drawn into the relegation fight.

So great from a fan perspective.

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 07:12

Even if he's leaving at the end of the year, will that save Dai Young if they have a poor start? He's very vulnerable - maybe the most vulnerable of any DoR.
I think Bath have problems - inexperienced coaching staff coupled with an already underperforming squad.
Leicester? Who knows what state they're in.

A relegation battle featuring those three would be interesting - as long as you're watching it from a distance.

Posted by: Stilo (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 08:19

There was a similar feed last week about a poll for league positions, my post is below:

Sarries are clearly a step ahead of everybody else, Chiefs only have one (boring) game and whilst they are good at it they are being found out. Glassdoor I think will build on last year and be a very difficult team to beat, Saints, if they can get some consistency, will be up there as well. Quins are looking good as well
As for the bottom Oirish have recruited well so I can see them surviving and I can't see further than Tiggers for the drop, they were awful last year, they have lost a lot of their better players and replaced them with lesser quality replacements and their coaching team don't seem to have much of a clue.
Sarries
Glassdoor
Saints
Chiefs
Quins
Sale
Brizzle
Bath
Wasps
Oirish
Wuzz
Tiggers

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:27

Bath have Exeter and Tigers have Sarries this week which in the short term potentially compounds their problems

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:28

It would be typical of Tigers to get themselves relegated just as we've developed a habit of winning at Welford Road*

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: Thrupp artist (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:35

If "they" both won and we lost then we might not be quite so chipper in our predictions. As was said on Saturday it's no use getting a surprising result if you don't follow it up with a performance at home.

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 10:47

Absolutely, Thrupp. We'll be able to assess where everyone is when the Premiership "breaks up" for European games at the end of November. By then we'll have played 5 games. 3 of our next 4 are at home and if we can make the Gardens a difficult place to visit again then we'll do ok.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: fair_weather_fan (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 11:16

Week 1 results are not usually a good guide to much

Posted by: ajack (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 11:19

It is easy to say that fair_weather_fan but Bristol have got a try scoring bonus point in every match so far and we haven't got a single one. At this rate we will never finish above them.

Posted by: Stilo (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 11:21

Quote:
ajack
It is easy to say that fair_weather_fan but Bristol have got a try scoring bonus point in every match so far and we haven't got a single one. At this rate we will never finish above them.

That's all one of the games then?

Posted by: Connorman (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 13:40

I suspect naughty ajack forgot the *

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net