Eh?!
Posted by: Former Hollywood Saint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 21:38

1. Wales replace Navidi (a back rower) with a winger. Anyone know of a reason why you would do that?

2. Vahaamahina has announced his retirement from international rugby, aged 28. He's obviously been blamed for France's exit, but he still has a few years in him and he is a tough guy to have on your team.

3. Jaco Peyper is in hot water after being photographed with Welsh supporters after the game with a big smile and a mocking elbow to the face of one of the fans, just hours after he sent off Vahaamahina for that offence.

Certainly three bits of news I didn't think I'd see today, anyway.

FHS

Re: Eh?!
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 21 October, 2019 22:07

I guess they aim to have a 4-4 or 5-3 forwards-backs bench rather than 6-2

and they have back row cover but light at wing

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 06:57

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
I guess they aim to have a 4-4 or 5-3 forwards-backs bench rather than 6-2
and they have back row cover but light at wing

Yes they have 5 very good fit back row,

I was expecting Scott Williams seeing as both J. Davies and Parkes are injured, so very light at center?!?!

Word is North to 13 if both fail to recover.... but risky if you ask me?

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 07:26

#3 - Pepyer conspicuously hasn't been given either of the semi-finals. I suspect that photo has destroyed any chance of him getting a final involving Wales. Unlikely to be anything behind it, but not a good look.

Posted by: shendy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 07:31

Gatland explained exactly why
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 07:37

Thanks Shendy, that's explains it.. didn't realise he can play center and didn't know Williams had been so short of game time, knew hed been injured but not for that long

Posted by: LeicesterSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 10:35

If memory serves North played 13 for us to good effect once or twice - not sure that' adequate prep for playing there in a world cup semi final though.....

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 22 October, 2019 11:00

Iíve not seen a huge amount of Wales other than highlights and the quarter final but for me George has been decidedly underwhelming.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net