Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Rumours and more rumours
Posted by: ramseysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 13:03

Quote:
white lion
I suspect that Fearns is fit but at over 19 stones is never going to be the most mobile of players. I have to say that I think he is a fine player, but being the wrong side of 30 he would be no more than a short-term signing.

Nah, he's old, fat and unfit, we'll run rings round him next week.*

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 11 January, 2020 14:52

Andrew Cotter mentioning the Kpoku rumour once again during his commentary of Ospreys v Sarries this afternoon.

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 18:08

Sale have already had an enquiry turned down about Kruis moving to another premiership club (Sunday mail) and intent on going to Japan so not an option at all

Posted by: Siggy89 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 18:34

He probably has to go to Japan to empty the bank account containing his leaving fee.

Posted by: Saintsfan22 (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2020 16:15

Iím surprised you are happy with the second row. Our big issue at the moment is the line out and not one of our second rows is good enough at running the line out. Without Gibson we are woeful.

Offer Kruis all the money he wants to come run the line out and it could seriously turn us into challengers in Europe

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2020 18:33

We just don't have that kind of money

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2020 21:58

Quote:
Saintsfan22
Iím surprised you are happy with the second row. Our big issue at the moment is the line out and not one of our second rows is good enough at running the line out. Without Gibson we are woeful.
Offer Kruis all the money he wants to come run the line out and it could seriously turn us into challengers in Europe

We donít need to recruit second row, we have all the raw material we need. We need to do to our line out what Furgs has done to our scrum. Good coaching, technique and teamwork and weíll soon get our mojo back without throwing cash around.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 09:11

Kpoku would be a great signing, especially if one of the current locks was not sticking around next season. Kruis, for me does not offer value for money given his age, his salary demands as an England international and B&I Lion and the time away with England.

With Api, Moon, Ribbans, Coles we have 4 locks available for the whole season. Lawes, unless away with England is also a more than able lock and 6.

Whilst Kruis is a quality player, he doesn't fit in to our recruitment model. We need to be focusing on the likes of Kpoku and Dombrandt then only really need to recruit where there are players leaving or if a player becomes available that is too good to ignore.

Someone mentioned about signing a new winger.... Julian Savea if we can get him cheap?

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 14:15

Just thought I'd throw another name into the hat, especially with wingers being on the end of season shopping list...

Rather than Jonny May, why not Nadolo or Savea.

We've seen the effect Big T can have. What about Big T on one wing and Nadolo or Savea on the other!?!

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 15:11

At 1 minute an interesting statement, fairly strong, I would say.....

[youtu.be]

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 17:41

Any kind of media rumour should be treated with extreme sceptism imo

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 19:01

Quote:
tedge
Any kind of media rumour should be treated with extreme sceptism imo

Certainly agree there. Savea has looked a spent force when Iíve seen him playing at Toulon and I donít remember Nadolo tearing up trees when at Exeter and they donít exactly fit the profile of what we are aiming for - young, upcoming and English qualified, and are not such stellar acquisitions as to put them in the must have above everything else category.

Not really sure how wingers have slipped on to the shopping list. Seems to be driven by May ďpossiblyĒ being available - or his agent stirring.

Iím not convinced we need to buy in current English Internationals as they are really part timers with 6N and the AIís plus ďrestĒ times. Absolutely great if we take someone through to international status like Dylan Courts Lewis Woody Little T and Rory but why waste our cash on players we know will be part timers and who are not carrying GB&G in their rugby DNA

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 20:30

I thought Salaries were in for May....or has that fallen through now?

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 14 January, 2020 20:50

Just gone quiet I think SaintsDuncan

Agent has earnt his fee.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net