Current Page: 1 of 4
Accuracy
Posted by: herbie85 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 13:48

Where is it? Don't think I've seen a half of rugby with as many knock ons, forward passes or lost line outs. Can only get better in second half!

Re: Accuracy
Posted by: ElySaint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 13:50

Really sloppy stuff. The lineout has been horrible, think Mikey H will be on early second half.

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 13:52

I think the only threat to us at present is us. Reduce unforced errors and we win this

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 13:53

What an awful performance so far. Our scrum looks okay, one against the head. Rarely seen these days. Everything else looking poor. How Benetton can possibly lead when theyíve been virtually unable to exit their 22 is mystifying. The referee is driving me mad especially at scrum time. Iíll watch Leinster instead of this rubbish.

Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 13:58

Lots of different combinations this week, new scrum half & fly half pairing, different centres, different back 3 combo. New hooker. And it 100% looks that way.

No flow to the game and sloppy basics. Boring to watch.
Iím certain weíre losing the game to justify putting out a weak team next week as a dead rubber, and concentrate on the prem.

Boyd talking up qualification is just smoke and mirrors, he knows he arenít ready to compete on both fronts.
Just drop a few balls, mess up the lineouts, lots of effort but no execution, easy!

If this is genuinely us playing our best and for a 1/4 spot then we should be worried.

Expect a little fight back in the second half to make it look like we tried.

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:02

Quote:
ElySaint
Really sloppy stuff. The lineout has been horrible, think Mikey H will be on early second half.
Based on his last game that doesnt give me much comfort that the lineout will improve.

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:02

Baffled as to why we kicked to the corner with their scrummie in the bin rather than call the 5m scrum a la Pests game

Posted by: StPo (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:03

Quote:
Saint Robert
Quote:
ElySaint
Based on his last game that doesnt give me much comfort that the lineout will improve.

Based on the fact he's not on the bench, I'd be surprised to see Mikey on.

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:04

Quote:
StPo
Quote:
Saint Robert
Quote:
ElySaint

I'm feeling better already

Posted by: ElySaint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:15

Quote:
Saint Robert
Quote:
StPo
Quote:
Saint Robert
Quote:
ElySaint

I'm feeling better already

Ah! Oops.

Posted by: John Tee (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 14:42

Saints dont look very good favourites...i think they would prefer to go to every game as underdogs..?

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:00

Panic over

Rank poor performance. Rory Hutchinson and James Grayson need a rocket after this game.
Poor decision making, pointless overly risky passes, very lateral, mistimed moves.... playing like they are believing their own hype. I thought it was the worst performance by them both for the first XV. No problem as long as they learn from it.

Symons ran direct and hard which was great, nice little performance from Dingwall.... Big T is some player now. Lewis and Teimana excellent again. Coles carried well.

Good to see Harry back and great for him to get a try, I think we missed Furbank popping up to straighten the line.

Special mention to Mitch Eadie who I thought did very well when he came on.

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:06

Pretty poor all round, first try was excellent and then not a lot to shout about. Young Ollie Sleighthome had some nice touches as well as those mentioned by WP. One positive is that we still won comfortably with a BP despite probably our worst performance of the season. Winning is a habit and to do we when far from best is a good sign

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:34

Chris Boyd couldnít have been more critical of the performance. He alluded to not even looking at it on Monday, suggesting that there was little point. He used a lot of words to actually describe the performance and every one was bad. I thought Ollie was very good today considering was brought in late. He picked one off his toes and kicked it to coffin corner following it up by winning a breakdown penalty. Terrific stuff from him.

Posted by: Connorman (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:35

Quote:
St.Sinner
Lots of different combinations this week, new scrum half & fly half pairing, different centres, different back 3 combo. New hooker. And it 100% looks that way.
No flow to the game and sloppy basics. Boring to watch.
Iím certain weíre losing the game to justify putting out a weak team next week as a dead rubber, and concentrate on the prem.

Boyd talking up qualification is just smoke and mirrors, he knows he arenít ready to compete on both fronts.
Just drop a few balls, mess up the lineouts, lots of effort but no execution, easy!

If this is genuinely us playing our best and for a 1/4 spot then we should be worried.

Expect a little fight back in the second half to make it look like we tried.

Just back from the Gardens. Certainly one of the poorer performances of recent times, but to suggest Saints were throwing the game is disrespectful and utterly ridiculous.

Date: 12 January, 2020 15:43

How is it?
They had 1% territory in our 22 for the first half and they went in at half time winning.

That is pathetic, to the point where it looked like we were trying to be bad, it was that poor.

They offered nothing and we made it look so hard. Hardly disrespectful to say we looked like we didnít want to win. How can you play like that against a team second from bottom in their table, who rested their good players, and be so poor?

Whatís more worrying is that we were obviously trying our beat and we did want the 5 points. In which case, what a shambles.

Posted by: Connorman (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:46

Leave the keyboard alone, have a cup of tea and relax.

Date: 12 January, 2020 15:53

Great debate

Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:59

What has happened to Hutchison this last few weeks, hasnít been at his best. I think today proves he is a 13 and not a 12

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 16:20

Quote:
St.Sinner
How is it?
They had 1% territory in our 22 for the first half and they went in at half time winning.

That is pathetic, to the point where it looked like we were trying to be bad, it was that poor.

They offered nothing and we made it look so hard. Hardly disrespectful to say we looked like we didnít want to win. How can you play like that against a team second from bottom in their table, who rested their good players, and be so poor?

Whatís more worrying is that we were obviously trying our beat and we did want the 5 points. In which case, what a shambles.

never played sport it would seem.. if you have and ever went onto a sporting field with the intention of not trying to win I pity your team mates.

really poor comment from you to suggest it

Current Page: 1 of 4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net