Current Page: 1 of 2
Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saint Maul (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:00

Bonus point win. Lots of learning points.

What a catch and kick by Sleightholm! He had a good game. I really enjoyed some of Big T's bustling runs.

With 3 of our hookers struggling at lineout over the last couple of games it suggests it's not just the hookers.

So it looks like between us or Gloucester for the 8th qualifying position assuming Sarries win with a bonus point at home. Toulouse will want a home quarter final so Gloucester will need a huge performance to win in France. So probably any win v Lyons should see us through.



Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2020 15:05 by Saint Maul.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: herbie85 (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:03

Escaped there but a bonus point win which was the aim. To win next week we have to be miles better. As much as Lyon may play a weakened side with an eye on their league, they will still want to win at home.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saintfanh (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:06

Great outcome given the errors and line out. Positive is we're creating lots of chances. If we stay patient and keep improving our accuracy we'll be a hell of a team.

I thought all the backs were really good today and forwards miles better in the last 20.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:42

Harry's reaction after his try was priceless. It obviously meant masses to him to be back in the first 15 and scoring.



ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:53

Just listening to Harry on the radio, sounded very emotional and how much just to be back playing meant to him.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: St.Sinner (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 15:59

Massive emotional release for him, his first try back would of been something heíd been dreaming of during those tough days, great to see !

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 16:30

For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes

But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: NobbyClarke (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 16:41

Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Wish I had read that earlier StTed, could do with a beer as that was painful to watch in the first 40. Redeemed a bit in last 20 mins but even Boydy was apologising for a dire display. It can and will get better and seeing Harry darting over was a bit of a highlight.

Enjoy your beer!

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 16:43

Felt sorry for Sam Matavesi on his starting debut. Can't tell whether the lineout mess ups were all his fault or not.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 17:15

Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Free beer dam

I hope you werenít watching out the window
Saw everyone go home
Then announced free beer :-).

Frustrating game
We will have those with the style of game we are trying to play
But itís 5 points
Anyone that thinks Bennaton are a walk over; think again

Just watching Boydís comments
Talk about honesty
Hope he got the right xmas present else xmas day would have been a real sad affair

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 17:22

One thing which pleased me was the seismic shift in our play when Andy Symons came on and our back play totally changed. It was reminiscent of James Downey and I thought at long last we have a plan B.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saint Maul (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 18:33

Quote:
Dragonboy
One thing which pleased me was the seismic shift in our play when Andy Symons came on and our back play totally changed. It was reminiscent of James Downey and I thought at long last we have a plan B.

Completely agree. Once we had go forward ball then going wide worked.

Sadly, both home and away we didn't respect Benetton and thought we could just go wide without earning the right first.

Cobus also made a big difference coming off the bench.

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 18:48

Thought Corbus added much needed speedy distribution from the breakdown
Changed the game

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 19:02

Quote:
Deesaint
Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Free beer dam

I hope you werenít watching out the window
Saw everyone go home
Then announced free beer :-).

Frustrating game
We will have those with the style of game we are trying to play
But itís 5 points
Anyone that thinks Bennaton are a walk over; think again

Just watching Boydís comments
Talk about honesty
Hope he got the right xmas present else xmas day would have been a real sad affair

I can assure you I never watch out of a window, even when Iím in corporate I go down to the terrace. I have a season ticket in d block and another next to my dads two in churches that I use when my leg is playing up, otherwise I give it to someone else, so please never think Iím watching from afar.

This was merely an open invite to anyone who happened to be in town..

In fact, if anyone recognises me at any game and Iím at the bar, the invite is there, have a chat, Iíll buy you a beer. Unless you want to chat Sarries or salary cap, then Iíll just bid you a good day and walk off!

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: lost in duston (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 19:14

Dingwall was class. I can see him moving to 10 if needs be.
Ollie was definitely not afraid of the big stage.

Hardy looked short of confidence (yes I know he scored a try)
Grayson is still learning his game. Not one of his best.

Some poor decision making. But a win is a win

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saint For Life (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 19:39

Quote:
Saint Ted
Quote:
Deesaint
Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Free beer dam

I hope you werenít watching out the window
Saw everyone go home
Then announced free beer :-).

Frustrating game
We will have those with the style of game we are trying to play
But itís 5 points
Anyone that thinks Bennaton are a walk over; think again

Just watching Boydís comments
Talk about honesty
Hope he got the right xmas present else xmas day would have been a real sad affair

I can assure you I never watch out of a window, even when Iím in corporate I go down to the terrace. I have a season ticket in d block and another next to my dads two in churches that I use when my leg is playing up, otherwise I give it to someone else, so please never think Iím watching from afar.

This was merely an open invite to anyone who happened to be in town..

In fact, if anyone recognises me at any game and Iím at the bar, the invite is there, have a chat, Iíll buy you a beer. Unless you want to chat Sarries or salary cap, then Iíll just bid you a good day and walk off!

Poor performance all down to ďThe Cheaters ď and the celery cap . Really having a negative impact on our squad . *

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Saintalex (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 20:14

What Ted said foes for me too. I was in the Tetleys for 20 odd years. But moved to the South Stand last season

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: saintsfella (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 22:26

I generally agree with the sentiment but not quite sure it sat right to me to hear Boydy say Ďwe didnít respect the oppositioní then go on to say we were disgraceful, dreadful etc and needed to apologise to fans despite beating their team with a bonus point win? What message does he think that sends to their team if not a lack of respect?

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 12 January, 2020 22:41

Quote:
Saint Ted
Quote:
Deesaint
Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Free beer dam

I hope you werenít watching out the window
Saw everyone go home
Then announced free beer :-).

Frustrating game
We will have those with the style of game we are trying to play
But itís 5 points
Anyone that thinks Bennaton are a walk over; think again

Just watching Boydís comments
Talk about honesty
Hope he got the right xmas present else xmas day would have been a real sad affair

I can assure you I never watch out of a window, even when Iím in corporate I go down to the terrace. I have a season ticket in d block and another next to my dads two in churches that I use when my leg is playing up, otherwise I give it to someone else, so please never think Iím watching from afar.

This was merely an open invite to anyone who happened to be in town..

In fact, if anyone recognises me at any game and Iím at the bar, the invite is there, have a chat, Iíll buy you a beer. Unless you want to chat Sarries or salary cap, then Iíll just bid you a good day and walk off!



Iím pretty sure he meant you were looking out of the pub window after game and as soon as all Saints fans had walked past, you put the offer out

Re: Saints v Benetton
Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 13 January, 2020 10:13

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Quote:
Saint Ted
Quote:
Deesaint
Quote:
Saint Ted
For me, it was painful to watch, so many mistakes
But, I'm feeling generous, it was a good result, I'm in the wig and pen, as a happy new year gift, I'm at the bar in an orange jumper, come and say hello and I will buy you a beer!

Free beer dam

I hope you werenít watching out the window
Saw everyone go home
Then announced free beer :-).

Frustrating game
We will have those with the style of game we are trying to play
But itís 5 points
Anyone that thinks Bennaton are a walk over; think again

Just watching Boydís comments
Talk about honesty
Hope he got the right xmas present else xmas day would have been a real sad affair

I can assure you I never watch out of a window, even when Iím in corporate I go down to the terrace. I have a season ticket in d block and another next to my dads two in churches that I use when my leg is playing up, otherwise I give it to someone else, so please never think Iím watching from afar.

This was merely an open invite to anyone who happened to be in town..

In fact, if anyone recognises me at any game and Iím at the bar, the invite is there, have a chat, Iíll buy you a beer. Unless you want to chat Sarries or salary cap, then Iíll just bid you a good day and walk off!



Iím pretty sure he meant you were looking out of the pub window after game and as soon as all Saints fans had walked past, you put the offer out

Exactly

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net