Posted by: Duckonstilts (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 13:40

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Rumour has it that for the Wales game Jones will write the team sheet out but reverse the numbering so the back three will be Marler, George and Mako Vunipola. The front row will be May, Daly and anyone else who fancies a dabble at prop but they must primarily be a back. Be so happy when this England head coach leaves, heís rubbish!

So England at a home WC fail to get out of the group stages. Jones comes in and wins a grand slam, another 6 nations and then gets to a WC final. Yeah he is crap.

Jones also got to a WC final coaching the Aussies who were written of before the final, he changed the Japanese national team and made them what they are today, won super rugby a few times, was part of the coaching team that won a WC with the Springboks and have beaten the All Blacks more than any other coach.

You disagree? Fine. My opinion doesnít make me wrong and yours doesnít make you right. Theyíre just our opinions. Englandís past, recent or not is past. Englandís future is to come and my opinion is that heís getting more odd by the day. Iíll be happy to see him gone, and judging by others views on his selections people are beginning to question his judgement.

Your opinion does not make you wrong. Facts do.

Re: England
Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 13:43

Thatís too harsh Ducks. Itís all about expectations.

Smiferbrainz thinks an England coach can only be average if he wins the World Cup at his first attempt.

Granted thatís the highest bar Iíve ever heard from a rugby viewer.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 13:51

Deleted.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2020 13:54 by smitferbrainz.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 13:54

I wonder what it will take for opinions to change.

EJ has taken us further than any previous England manager bar Woodward. That appears to make him average. Stuart lancaster, Martin Johnson, Brian Ashton, Andy Robinson, Jack Rowell and Geoff Cooke must have been utter rubbish.

EJ also has the highest win % of any England Head Coach... EVER! What does he think he's doing?

In the same way as we trust Boyd with Saints, I think EJ knows a little bit about what he's doing so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Date: 21 February, 2020 13:57

I think fans great frustrated when he picks players out of position and seems very conservative with some selections

Of course he knows the players better blah blah but sometimes coaches can get a blind spot, he admits as much in his book

I hope he stays until the next World Cup. The 6N a few months after a World Cup is really irrelevant albeit Iím going Sunday

Posted by: wheely (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:43

Now, thatís a fact!

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:53

I think England has lost 3 WC finals now. I Brian Ashton was in charge for one, I think, and then the 90's team led by Carling but cant remember the head coach.

Posted by: Saint.Kenneth (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:54

Quote:
Deesaint
I'm excited to see Ben Youngs back at 9

Thatís an excellent one liner!! Made I laugh that did.

Date: 21 February, 2020 14:56

clue - great tache

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2020 14:57 by Wilson Pickett.

Posted by: BrianB (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:07

If that's for me WP, it must be Roger Uttley!

Posted by: Longers (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:11

I wasn't looking forward to seeing the game anyway. I had this "feeling"!

Date: 21 February, 2020 15:20

Quote:
BrianB
If that's for me WP, it must be Roger Uttley!

bingo

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:20

By any objective measurement, Eddie Jones is a top coach with an impressive track record. I'm still becoming increasingly frustrated by his tinkering but come 5pm on Sunday if England are celebrating he'll be lauded as a genius. On the other hand he's set himself up for a barrage of criticism if Ireland win the triple crown at Twickers.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Re: Furbank and Ludlam dropped from the match day squad
Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:27

Quote:
Dragonboy
Beeb says Furbs is injured.

The Independent reckons he is carrying a long term groin injury but although he is not in the matchday 23 he is going along to the game as a reserve

Date: 21 February, 2020 16:23

if he is 23 with a long term niggle, why on earth is he playing for england ?

Posted by: SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 18:05

Quote:
smitferbrainz
Quote:
SaintsAsh
Quote:
smitferbrainz
Rumour has it that for the Wales game Jones will write the team sheet out but reverse the numbering so the back three will be Marler, George and Mako Vunipola. The front row will be May, Daly and anyone else who fancies a dabble at prop but they must primarily be a back. Be so happy when this England head coach leaves, heís rubbish!

So England at a home WC fail to get out of the group stages. Jones comes in and wins a grand slam, another 6 nations and then gets to a WC final. Yeah he is crap.

Jones also got to a WC final coaching the Aussies who were written of before the final, he changed the Japanese national team and made them what they are today, won super rugby a few times, was part of the coaching team that won a WC with the Springboks and have beaten the All Blacks more than any other coach.

You disagree? Fine. My opinion doesnít make me wrong and yours doesnít make you right. Theyíre just our opinions. Englandís past, recent or not is past. Englandís future is to come and my opinion is that heís getting more odd by the day. Iíll be happy to see him gone, and judging by others views on his selections people are beginning to question his judgement.

Yes I disagree, and I agree that it is fine to have an opinion. I do not think he is perfect and I think he could do things better, just clearly not rubbish.

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 18:16

Be interesting to see who those that donít think EJ is the right man for the job should be replaced by !

Posted by: WesternWanderer (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 18:54

Eddie's done some great things with England, but it feels like the Jones project has run its course. Everyone feeling frustrated, niggly and angry. Big problem is that RFU with their financial shambles probably don't want to pay him out.

Date: 21 February, 2020 21:10

Blimey one loss and he should be sacked despite an injury crisis !

English sports fans are incredible

Posted by: Neil-H (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 09:29

Yes I am amazed at 5 locks in the squad, not sure what Lewis has done wrong, as looked very capable at international level, but my biggest concern is the bench?

6/2 split again, which ok still not that bad, but Slade hasnít played in over 2 months??? Is he really match fit and international level match fit? If a back get injured after a few minutes, can he really play the majority of the game????

Current Page: 2 of 3
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net