19 Ben Glynn
20 Lewis Ludlam
21 Cobus Reinach
22 Fraser Dingwall
23 Taqele Naiyaravoro

Re: Team's up
Posted by: Matthew (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:11

Ludlam on the bench! England and Saints kept that one quiet. Wonder if Boyd might have put in a request...?

ACTUAL TRAINING FOOTAGE FROM
BEHIND THE SCENES AT SARACENS:
http://images6.fanpop.com/image/photos/37800000/Scrooge-McDuck-gif-mickey-and-friends-37815657-245-188.gif

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:12

great to see JJ back and good luck to Ben Glynn

Posted by: Saint Robert (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:15

And good luck to us!

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:16

Not our strongest starting 15 but it has to be said, a very strong bench. Despite having convinced myself we are aiming for just one point from the fixture, there is a sense that if we can hang in there for 60 mins anything could happen in the final quarter and with Reinach and Naiyaravoro you never know what might happen. Oh and no more injuries please!

Posted by: SaintsAsh (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:18

Good to see Mitch getting a start at 9.

I have mentally written it off, I hope the team have not though.

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:37

Exeter Chiefs

1. Ben Moon
2. E Taione
3. Harry Williams
4. Jannes Kirsten
5. Jonny Hill
6. Dave Ewers
7. Jacques Vermeulen
8. Sam Simmonds
9. Nic White
10. Joe Simmonds (C)
11. Olly Woodburn
12. Tom Hendrickson
13. Ian Whitten
14. Tom O’Flaherty
15. Phil Dollman

16. Jordan Poole
17. Alec Hepburn
18. Enrico Pieretto
19. Sam Skinner
20. Don Armand
21. Jack Maunder
22. Gareth Steenson
23. Max Bodily

Date: 21 February, 2020 12:40

Taking into account injuries and call ups, Exeter have one hell of a squad!

Posted by: ElySaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:42

I've kind of written the next two off - and seeing the Ex team, I think a point would be a positive return for us given circumstances. Still, will endeavour to enjoy the trip away as first time visitor to Sandy Park.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 21/02/2020 12:42 by ElySaint.

Posted by: smitferbrainz (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:44

That is a good Chiefs side. Personally I’ll be ecstatic with a losing bonus. Can’t see any team in the Premiership beating that Exe side.

Posted by: Jaysee3 (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:47

Exeter 46 Saints 13

Posted by: Sans Culottes (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 12:51

I have been waiting to see Andy Symonds and Matt Proctor playing together. I think they will have a bit more “edge” than our other options, and hopefully a bit more solid in defence.

Posted by: Saint Maul (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 13:32

For me, our pack will struggle against a powerful Chiefs pack - yet again.

If the coaches had recognised our under-powered pack and were doing something about it I'd be happy to lose knowing we have a plan to address it for the future. Instead, I'm reminded of the definition of insanity as doing the same thing for the thousandth time yet expecting different results.

The plus side is our running game should make it entertaining to watch whilst we lose at least.

Date: 21 February, 2020 13:59

I think you have to accept that we will lose some games and you would imagine the this Exeter and Sarries games are ones that we would consider a relatively easy loss predicted. In that respect, the rotation of the squad is understandable.

Other than that, with the mixed reasoned absences, I don't think its a case of doing the same thing over and over again, its the lack of options.

Posted by: Sir Hector (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 14:30

Granted our pack is a little under powered compared to Exeter’s, but we do at least have two sets of solid front rows. Locks we know are down to 5th choice but Injuries and call-ups happen, we’ll cope hopefully.

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:18

Like others, I'm expecting nothing against an Exeter side that hasn't been disturbed too much by the Six Nations period. Harsh on Ludlam to be dropped by Jones, but it's good to see him back in a Saints side.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: Saint For Life (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:24

Quote:
Sir Hector
Granted our pack is a little under powered compared to Exeter’s, but we do at least have two sets of solid front rows. Locks we know are down to 5th choice but Injuries and call-ups happen, we’ll cope hopefully.

We could have 3 sets of front rows - it would not make any difference . Almost impossible for front row to be stable if the engine room struggling with limited experience and no other options. “Pack a little under powered compared to Exeter’s” - I assume you are joking ? Massively under powered in comparison would be a more realistic assessment - just compare the 2nd and back rows and tell me where the little differences are ?
Our backs in comparison look good - but if our forwards struggle to get / retain good quality ball then our backs will struggle IMHO . Hope I am wrong but I can see us losing this one by 30 plus points .
Mind you with no wind , bone dry conditions , firm ground and warm sunny weather we could reduce the deficit *

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:30

I would like Symons to stake a claim for the jersey

Posted by: Aberavon Wizard (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:32

Big Ex pack - win scrum, kick to corner, rumble over, repeat, repeat, repeat..............

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 21 February, 2020 15:37

I’m going to go against the grain
If we can hold them for 60 minutes
We have the bench to win the game
Yours
Overly Optimistic:-)

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net