Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Come on Tigers
Posted by: Chris1850 (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 13:28

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
Why? Diamond and Dorian are old school whose team is being carried by individual talent. Forshaw has done well on the defence. I donít see great play I see great individual performances.

That is my view and wonít change unless Sale become a serious force. They should be much better with that squad.

Dorian may be old school but he greatly improved our pack last season (before most of the Saffers arrived). Certainly we have a number of talented individuals but to suggest that results are carried by individual performances, rather than a solid team effort is nonsense. If you watched them every week, you might understand the contributions made by the likes of Sam James, Will Cliff, Rob Webber, James Phillips, Bryn Evans, Will Griff John, Ross Harrison, Jono Ross and others. None of whom are standout "individual talent" but have been at the club for some years, are regular starters/23 and form the basis of the team.

There are individuals in every team that catch the eye but, particularly in a game like rugby, you need the core players to allow them to flourish.

With Sales new owners now firmly installed, Diamond can finally afford to start shopping for established talent instead of relying on promising youngsters, out of favour mavericks and past-it former internationals. Recruitment started in earnest last season and has continued for this. Performances and results continue to improve but don't forget we started from a lower base than most, having never spent remotely near the SC until this season.

There is a genuine feeling of optimism at the club nowadays that hasn't been there for many years. Of course there will be hiccups but Sale are very definitely heading in the right direction both on and off the pitch. I doubt you will find many supporters who would want changes in the coaching staff at the moment.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 22 February, 2020 14:10

That is fine. I don't see anything in Diamond's CV/historic style of play, this year or with Dorian, to suggest I am wrong.

Only time will tell. Good luck this season and next.

Posted by: tigerburnie (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 17:20

Quote:
Wilson Pickett
I honestly donít know half of these Tigers players
never heard of them
I think that's the point, blood some academy lads when we get a free shot this season with no worry of relegation, expect a somewhat different team at home this weekend. The number 9 is an England U20 player currently at Leicester Lions in National 2 South getting some experience, not dissimilar to young Grayson, who was at Lions a couple of seasons back.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net