Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: France v Dan B
Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 09:31

Thought dan was good in his play yesterday. Yes his back chat will get him into trouble and when it does he may learn? Till then I am glad he is so passionate about his team he tries to win at all costs. Certainly prefer him in the team than not.

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 10:11

Quote:
Exiled Falcon
Itís pretty hard to argue with that description of him KingoftheHill. He is such a good player he doesnít need to act like that, trying to buy a penalty by kicking the ball at the French guy was incredibly footballesque. Does he act like his for Saints or is reserved for his Welsh performances? Either way, he is going to cost a team a referees are justifiably going to lose any sympathy with regard to on field decisions.

he has had his moments with us Falcon but thought yesterday saw the worst of him with that regard. IMO he was fired up due to some of the French pre game comments questioning his involvement due to concussion and this spilled over into his behaviour. He is going to get carded if he continues and even sent off if he is not careful. Be passionate and talk to the ref by all means but do it in the right manner

Posted by: Lord Cransley (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 10:18

[twitter.com]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2020 10:23 by Cransley Saint.

Posted by: herbie85 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 10:57

Quote:
Nickd57
O'Connell also said that AR Karl Dixon was an ex Northampton Saints scrum half!

Thought the ref sold out Dickson for that incident. Dickson initially in real times calls the French knock on. Carley then has multiple big screens reviews and then says along the lines of dicksons original decision was knock on only so will go with that. I may have missed some of the conversation but sounded as though he lacked the onions and so sold his touch judge a bit with the decision.

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 11:36

Looking to win penalties and chat to the ref is nothing new
I remember Dawson then Dicko being the masters of passing straight into a retreating player
Also remember both of them constantly advising the referee
Any think that Healy was silent on the field

I would rather see the referees taking more control of the niggle
Players not releasing or returning the ball when penalised ( and lineout) to frustrate quick play
unnecessary holding on at breakdowns
The handbag sessions

Start with those then go after the actors

Posted by: Saint Ted (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 13:25

Quote:
Nickd57

A similar mistake to spelling his name wrong you might say...

Posted by: pksaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 13:40

Quote:
Exiled Falcon
Itís pretty hard to argue with that description of him KingoftheHill. He is such a good player he doesnít need to act like that, trying to buy a penalty by kicking the ball at the French guy was incredibly footballesque. Does he act like his for Saints or is reserved for his Welsh performances? Either way, he is going to cost a team a referees are justifiably going to lose any sympathy with regard to on field decisions.

That was exactly the reason I wasn't keen to see him come to Saints in the first place. I'd only ever seen him at international level or on the occasional club visit to the Gardens. I was pleasantly surprised when he did start playing for us that he has, generally, not been like that at all. Only on the very odd occasion has this feature 'broken' through to spoil an otherwise committed player. I think he's been brilliant playing for Saints, one of the best signings for years.

Posted by: Nickd57 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:03

BBC online journo Gareth Griffiths referring to Wales 'prop Wyn Jones'

Posted by: Dorset Boy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 15:02

A couple of the Saints forwards should 'educate' Dan B!itching Biggar. He was an utter embarrassment yesterday and should have been carded, then sent off if he failed to zip it.

Alun Whinge Jones and Pivac deserve a serious talking to as well - really poor losers.

The officials got the knock on spot on - at no time does the French forward look at the ball, so how could he be trying to slap it down?
Biggar's try should also have been wiped off - when he lost control it hit the French hand before he regathered. That's a knock on.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 23/02/2020 15:04 by Dorset Boy.

Posted by: SaintsDuncan (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 19:51

To be fair I've seen Dan gobbing off like that (although perhaps not quite as bad as this) in a Saints shirt and as soon as the ref told him to reign it in he did.

Pretty much the same as any "angle" a player is trying, they'll push it as far as they can until the ref clamps down on them

Posted by: JeremyTrousers (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 23:12

Thatíll be the Welsh prop Wyn Jones then. As opposed to the second row Alun Wyn Jones...

Posted by: JeremyTrousers (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 23:14

Quote:
Nickd57
BBC online journo Gareth Griffiths referring to Wales 'prop Wyn Jones'

Thatíll be the Welsh prop Wyn Jones then. As opposed to the second row Alun Wyn Jones...

Posted by: Toulousian Firefighter (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 14:59

Quote:
herbie85
Quote:
Nickd57

Thought the ref sold out Dickson for that incident. Dickson initially in real times calls the French knock on. Carley then has multiple big screens reviews and then says along the lines of dicksons original decision was knock on only so will go with that. I may have missed some of the conversation but sounded as though he lacked the onions and so sold his touch judge a bit with the decision.

I thought Dickson said that his first impression was that it was a knock on as part of the tackle. Carley then didn't see anything that conclusively showed it was a deliberate knock on so backed Dickson's call. It could be argued that's good teamwork.

Current Page: 2 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net