Current Page: 1 of 2
A complete joke!
Posted by: Hollywood JK (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:31

Not guts, no character and zero skill..

I would make them walk back from Devon.. The lot of them, disgraceful representation of the shirt.

That is simply not good enough and an embarrassment to the town..

Chris Boyd and the coaches need to take a long look at themselves with a performance like today on their watch!!

We have no chance of securing a home play off.

Re: A complete joke!
Posted by: Dave Jackson (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:39

Iím pretty sure they know how badly they have done.

Posted by: Gold stand steward (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:40

WOW

Posted by: andysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:40

itís not a premiership standard performance and is not acceptable from the players or the coaches. I still think we will finish top 4 as the first 15 when fit and available is pretty good. But itís shown rather large gaps in the recruitment and pressure should be under the coaches to deal with that. Boyd needs to be looking at himself and how he is playing these games.

Date: 23 February, 2020 14:45

Exeter do what Exeter do very well

They have done it for years. That we havenít realised that is clueless

It is also amazing that Exeter produce / have so many big strong players whilst our team look weak

Power and Pace combo always works we need to match that

Posted by: herbie85 (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:45

It's bad but I'm reticent to slag it anymore than I have done on the match thread as I'm doing my own head in and most likely others. I think we are playing a game plan we can't execute and I think this is why we lost some games this year and some last we could have won. Exeter had internationals away too so don't like that excuse too much. It's not a 50 point excuse.

Posted by: Bod (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:53

Dai's free?

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_dOg4Ljp3kh8/Sf89bRrqecI/AAAAAAAAAJY/eJCF1kt4b0E/s200/DON%27T-SHOOT-THE-MESSENGER1.jpg

Posted by: Dragonboy (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:54

[quote Saint]Exeter do what Exeter do very well

They have done it for years. That we havenít realised that is clueless

It is also amazing that Exeter produce / have so many big strong players whilst our team look weak

Power and Pace combo always works we need to match that[/quote

Might be something to do with the size of the pasty Jack Nowell was chomping on plus a bit of hefty South African beef in the pack.

Posted by: NottsSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:54

I was expecting us to get a hammering today tbh
Itís been evident for a little while weíre a bit fragile and this has been coming.
Wasnít quite expecting it to be that bad tho... sad smiley

Posted by: Saint Stokey (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 14:57

Can we just forfeit the game next week? At least we'd only lose 28 nil.

Posted by: TunbridgeSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 15:19

Quote:
Saint Stokey

Against a team that also lost by 50?! Weíll have a good chance against Sarries kids next week

I really donít get all the doom or gloom, out of our first choice 15 between we had 4/5 players that are first choice and in some positions are down to our 5th/6th/7th choice players.

If any questions should be asked, itís whether the coaches got the selection and tactics right?! Itís unreasonable to question the players attitudes

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 15:24

[quote TunbridgeSaint][quote Saint Stokey]Itís unreasonable to question the players attitudes[/quote]

Is it - are you sure ?

Date: 23 February, 2020 16:15

Quote:
TunbridgeSaint
Quote:
Saint Stokey

Against a team that also lost by 50?! Weíll have a good chance against Sarries kids next week

I really donít get all the doom or gloom, out of our first choice 15 between we had 4/5 players that are first choice and in some positions are down to our 5th/6th/7th choice players.

If any questions should be asked, itís whether the coaches got the selection and tactics right?! Itís unreasonable to question the players attitudes

I donít think we should be so complacent and we will loose to Sarries next week by at least 20 points.

Exeter have more our for 6 nations than we do, or are you saying we are not managing our injuries ?

Exeter are a very good and honourable club as Northampton are. Assuming neither clubs are cheating and are both up to the salary limit the question must be why are we so weak and they so strong Especially since they joined prem several years after our return.

It seems we are not using resources wisely and are simply are not developing enough strong players.

No point having flair backs if they donít get protection and the ball passes to them

Look at the injuryís Wilco got when playing for Newcastle vs injuryís whilst playing for Toulon

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 16:16

Northampton director of rugby Chris Boyd told BBC Sport:

"Fifty-seven, 27, 37, doesn't bother me. We chased the game at the end and coughed up two or three soft tries, so that last little bit for me is almost irrelevant.

"We got through to 34 minutes and it was 8-0 and the plan was to try and get through the first 40 minutes with minimal damage and see if we could bring some fresh guys on at half-time, which was a pre-panned move to see if we could attack it a different way.

"But between 34 minutes and 40 minutes eight became 22 and then we chased the game, so we paid the price in the end for overplaying, being ill-disciplined and trying to solve problems that guys took it upon themselves to solve."

Posted by: fleetg (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 16:17

The attitude was way off from the start. Within the first few minutes we were slow in failing to chase our own free kick and It was mentioned in commentary. We then got progessively worse and it was an utter shambles from a very very poor side.

Posted by: Wilson Pickett (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 17:07

Quote:
Hollywood JK
Not guts, no character and zero skill..
I would make them walk back from Devon.. The lot of them, disgraceful representation of the shirt.

That is simply not good enough and an embarrassment to the town..

Chris Boyd and the coaches need to take a long look at themselves with a performance like today on their watch!!

We have no chance of securing a home play off.

Ok I will take your 100% odds and kindly offer you £1 at 100000/1 we are top 2

Posted by: TunbridgeSaint (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 18:33

Absolutely sure, they are professional rugby players who will go into every match giving 100% and put their bodies on the line for the shirt week in week out.

You can question their tackle technique to stop the Exeter attack but not their attitude or willingness to do so

Date: 23 February, 2020 18:57

after every sizeable loss Hollywood loses the plot, as predictable as night after day. Zero posts incoming in April.

Posted by: Flook (IP Logged)
Date: 23 February, 2020 19:11

Quote:
WP
after every sizeable loss Hollywood loses the plot, as predictable as night after day. Zero posts incoming in April.

Possibly, but what is also 'as predictable as night after day' is that WP will have something to say on every thread, some relevant , many just insulting to the poster.

He/she has been posting for just under 3 years with a total in excess of over 6300 posts, with averages out at nearly 6 a day. There is a life away from this board you know.' You should try it!*

Date: 23 February, 2020 19:18

I donít do any social media so when Iím on a train, on the loo, waiting for something, mrs is watching boring tv etc, I will look on here and post if someone says something interesting

so what

Current Page: 1 of 2
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net