Saturday is not far away
Posted by: Chris Hoddle (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 14:18

One of the troubles of a Sunday game is the turnaround for a Saturday is shorter and feels worse after such a result.
With yesterday's injuries we could also be struggling in a few crucial positions.
We will still be down to 6/7/8th choice locks so no real powerhouse in the scrum, nothing we can change there?
James Grayson was pulled off in the last few minutes for an HIA, this was a few minutes after the actual incident. Not sure if he passed or failed but with a day less could be out of contention? Lets hope Dan is able to play as again we could be struggling?
Harry pulled out and dont think even travelled so he isn't playing Fly half and may not be fit for Saturday?
Maybe Rory can be in the squad as well?
So all in all not much change with the exceptions above?

http://chrishoddle.smugmug.com/photos/i-TsCHdzK/0/M/i-TsCHdzK-M.gif

Re: Saturday is not far away
Posted by: Brackleysaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 14:31

All in all Chris not much to feel positive about but you never know, fortune can change quickly.

Date: 24 February, 2020 14:33

Well my train ticket down is only £12.50 one way(Sm128)

Posted by: Deesaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 14:43

I cant think for one minute coaches or players enjoyed Sunday
Whoever plays lets hope they have some fire in their belly and right some wrongs

Posted by: Awaywin (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 15:04

Lets see how much Sarris help us out with their team selection ...

Posted by: Aberavon Wizard (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 15:47

Jeez Chris, your glass isn't half empty, its bone dry.

Posted by: tedge (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 15:48

I read that Mallinder experienced a minor hamstring twinge whilst warming up so he must have travelled. We might have to play Hutch at 10 if neither Grayson or Mallinder is fit

Posted by: twsaint (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 16:00

Biggar will be available.

Who knows, Furbank might be released by England. We don't know how far away Francis is. Potentially we've got an number of 10s, but we're light at the moment.

Date: 24 February, 2020 16:10

Furbank was injured so he didn't play, maybe he has recovered?

Posted by: Abington Adam (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 16:34

Quote:
Aberavon Wizard
Jeez Chris, your glass isn't half empty, its bone dry.

At a time when the Saints cupboard is bare I can see why Chris isn't full of optimism.

COME ON YOU SAINTS!
Church's Stand season ticket holder
EMRU Referee

Posted by: Walks11 (IP Logged)
Date: 24 February, 2020 19:23

Well I would hope they didnít spend too much time on analysis, completely pointless. Just reset and start again

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 00:44

Quote:
tedge
I read that Mallinder experienced a minor hamstring twinge whilst warming up so he must have travelled. We might have to play Hutch at 10 if neither Grayson or Mallinder is fit

Didnít see him get off the coach at Exeter so I donít think he did travel.

Posted by: Stevie Myler's right boot (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 09:31

We need Biggar back this weekend no ifs or buts. To lose 4 on the bounce including 3 home fixtures (at least 2 expected to win) would be catastrophic. Grayson is an amazing talent and will develop to become a great fly half- my concern at the moment in what will be a must win game is the ability to take the game by the scruff of neck and boss it.

Posted by: JohnI (IP Logged)
Date: 25 February, 2020 15:05

Totally agree that if Biggar is fit then he is in the 23 as does Hutchison and if they are not fit for wales or Scotland the following week then sorry but thatís that.
Grayson is an up and coming talent but he does not control the centre like Biggar.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.
We record all IP addresses on the Sportnetwork message boards which may be required by the authorities in case of defamatory or abusive comment. We seek to monitor the Message Boards at regular intervals. We do not associate Sportnetwork with any of the comments and do not take responsibility for any statements or opinions expressed on the Message Boards. If you have any cause for concern over any material posted here please let us know as soon as possible by e-mailing abuse@sportnetwork.net